Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

G19 - 507k or 507c

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Mr. Blue
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2019
    • 2522

    G19 - 507k or 507c

    https://youtube.com/c/GatCat
  • #2
    mtenenhaus
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2007
    • 3416

    i've never directly compared the c model to the k model...but i've handled pistols where the sights were mounted in front of and behind the optic..... i much prefer the latter. not sure exactly why but it felt weird seeing the sights through the glass

    likely one would get used to either location with time

    Comment

    • #3
      Mute
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2005
      • 8596

      Depends on your preference. I've seen a number of people use both and fit wise either works. Some prefer the larger window on the C other prefer the smaller size of the K especially for carry.
      NRA Benefactor Life Member
      NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Personal Protection In The Home, Personal Protection Outside The Home Instructor, CA DOJ Certified CCW Instructor, RSO


      American Marksman Training Group
      Visit our American Marksman Facebook Page

      Comment

      • #4
        Mr. Blue
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2019
        • 2522

        Thanks guys, that answered my questions. I think I’m going to go with the C and sight mount behind the optic.
        https://youtube.com/c/GatCat

        Comment

        • #5
          Russian Bot
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2021
          • 521

          The C model and the K model are very different animals. Typically you're C model will go on things like Compact and Full sized, maybe even subcompact double stack. Your K model is great for smaller things like Subcompact single stack. C is RMR footprint, K is a modified Shield RMSC footprint.

          Comment

          • #6
            static2126
            Calguns Addict
            • Mar 2013
            • 5619

            I love the Primary Arms Vulcan

            Comment

            • #7
              snacks
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2006
              • 939

              i would using the 507c over the k unless you have a smaller/thinner slide

              not sure if the DI sights would work after cutting the slide. those sights arent cheap

              Comment

              • #8
                rodralig
                CGN Contributor
                • Apr 2016
                • 4262

                Personal preference...

                I know that arguments can be made by, say, Aaron at Sage Dynamics for the BUIS in front of the optic. But then, a counter arguments can be made by Scott at the Modern Samurai Project and Gabe at Suarez International.

                Personally, I keep mine simple. Back of the optic...

                I had a stage in a match where the battery got loose in an SRO and lost the dot. I switched to my backup irons in my G17 and still managed a down zero score.

                That said - would your DI sights work if it were in front of the optic?


                _

                WEGC - Shooting at 10-yards VS 20-yards - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7mdbNZ4j9U

                Comment

                • #9
                  Mr. Blue
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2019
                  • 2522

                  Originally posted by rodralig
                  Personal preference...

                  I know that arguments can be made by, say, Aaron at Sage Dynamics for the BUIS in front of the optic. But then, a counter arguments can be made by Scott at the Modern Samurai Project and Gabe at Suarez International.

                  Personally, I keep mine simple. Back of the optic...

                  I had a stage in a match where the battery got loose in an SRO and lost the dot. I switched to my backup irons in my G17 and still managed a down zero score.

                  That said - would your DI sights work if it were in front of the optic?


                  _
                  https://youtube.com/c/GatCat

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    k1dude
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • May 2009
                    • 15965

                    If I were you, I'd consider the HS507C X2 ACSS. The huge ring is invaluable to regaining your sight picture if you lose your dot. It makes your iron sights almost obsolete (unless your window shatters or the battery dies).

                    Regarding iron sights, make sure your front and rear sights have inconspicuous dots (if any). You especially don't want any front sight with a loud visible orange/red painted or fiber optic dot or it will mess with your optic's sight picture. You'll have two red blobs bouncing around while shooting fast and you'll be wondering which is the correct blob to aim with.

                    The iron sights should always be muted when using a red dot IMHO. They're there for emergency use only and shouldn't interfere in any way with your optic's sight picture.
                    "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

                    "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      static2126
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Mar 2013
                      • 5619

                      K1Dude is spot on with his recomendation

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Mr. Blue
                        Veteran Member
                        • Dec 2019
                        • 2522

                        Originally posted by k1dude
                        If I were you, I'd consider the HS507C X2 ACSS. The huge ring is invaluable to regaining your sight picture if you lose your dot. It makes your iron sights almost obsolete (unless your window shatters or the battery dies).

                        Regarding iron sights, make sure your front and rear sights have inconspicuous dots (if any). You especially don't want any front sight with a loud visible orange/red painted or fiber optic dot or it will mess with your optic's sight picture. You'll have two red blobs bouncing around while shooting fast and you'll be wondering which is the correct blob to aim with.

                        The iron sights should always be muted when using a red dot IMHO. They're there for emergency use only and shouldn't interfere in any way with your optic's sight picture.
                        After thinking about the situation of running a red dot and irons, I sent back the DI sights. $132 is a lot of money to spend on sights that I’ll rarely use. Thanks for the suggestion, I think the polymer cup and ball glock sights should work fine as buck up iron sights. Per your suggestion, I might mute the white within the sights as well. I’m surprised Glock hasn’t gone to metal 3 dot sights, but maybe they figure they don’t have to.
                        https://youtube.com/c/GatCat

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Z ME FLY
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Mar 2008
                          • 6590

                          You can always get a set of ameriglo suppressor sights for about $50 or so on Amazon.
                          Originally posted by 69Mach1
                          The virgin requires more work (don't they all )

                          Originally posted by 69Mach1
                          Z gets around. lol

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            BloeJanton
                            Junior Member
                            • Oct 2020
                            • 1

                            I have Dawson Precision fiber optic sights on my 1926 with a Holosun 507c-x2 with the Vulcan reticle. Even though the front sight is a red fiber optic dot, it doesn't distract at all from the Vulcan reticle. Its also very easy to turn off the reticle so you can practice with your iron sights.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              k1dude
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • May 2009
                              • 15965

                              Originally posted by BloeJanton
                              I have Dawson Precision fiber optic sights on my 1926 with a Holosun 507c-x2 with the Vulcan reticle. Even though the front sight is a red fiber optic dot, it doesn't distract at all from the Vulcan reticle. Its also very easy to turn off the reticle so you can practice with your iron sights.
                              I had Dawson Precision suppressor height sights and had to remove the front sight because my red dot kept crossing paths with the fiber optic. Depending on the lighting, I couldn't tell which was which as they blew through my sight picture. I had to remove the front sight mid-match. After I removed it I began to shoot far better for the remaining stages.
                              "Show me a young conservative and I'll show you a man without a heart. Show me an old liberal and I'll show you a man without a brain." - Sir Winston Churchill

                              "I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!" - Senator Barry Goldwater

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1