Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Need help zeroing red dot on 2 pistols in LA/ OC

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jimmyswift22
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2020
    • 13

    Need help zeroing red dot on 2 pistols in LA/ OC

  • #2
    Sig so sour of ca
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Oct 2016
    • 479

    What pistols? I shot at oaktree on the rifle side every weekend. I would be happy to help if you ever make it out there. Pm if your interested. I don't need a consult fee if you have cool guns (just kidding, I'll help even if you have crap guns).

    Comment

    • #3
      Scotty
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2005
      • 2047

      Don't try to do it offhand unless you are a really good shooter. Shoot it off a rest of some type, sandbags or even resting the bottom of your hand on the table or bench. Set the target at like 10-15 feet. Aim at the target and fire a shot. If the impact is below the aim point, turn in the up direction. If it is to the left, turn in the right direction. Keep in mind, like with a Deltapoint at 5 yards, 1 full turn is 2" of movement. So you may need a lot of turns.

      Comment

      • #4
        jimmyswift22
        Junior Member
        • Mar 2020
        • 13

        Thanks Scotty.


        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

        Comment

        • #5
          The War Wagon
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Apr 2011
          • 10294

          You're welcome.






          Pick your caliber and send me a check.
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            sfvshooter
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2016
            • 1200

            Whenever I mount a red dot on a pistol, I use one of these and make sure the red dot aligns the boresight. I do it from about 15 yards. It's not perfect, but a good way to get pretty close.



            Or you can cowitness with your existing sights, assuming they're mounted correctly. When I mount my red dot correctly, it aligns with my laser boresight and is slightly above my suppressor height front sight.
            Last edited by sfvshooter; 07-13-2020, 2:53 PM.
            Too many rifles, not enough time...

            Comment

            • #7
              newbie1234
              Veteran Member
              • Feb 2016
              • 3131

              Need to know what type of pistol and type of red dot.

              Comment

              • #8
                jimmyswift22
                Junior Member
                • Mar 2020
                • 13

                Glock 34 with cmore rts2 and Hk usp45 with vortex venom


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                Comment

                • #9
                  SanDiego619
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jan 2013
                  • 14281

                  As mentioned, you need to rest on a bench for sighting. Are you doing that?

                  You can download PDF targets, tape one up and rest your gun on a bench and make sure the dot stays on the bullseye when you pull the trigger. If it is off-center then adjust accordingly.

                  Usually the adjustment screws indicate up down left right. If it is shooting low, and you want to move the point of impact up, you turn the screw in the "up" direction. Same with left/right.
                  Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    tigerpan
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2012
                    • 2197

                    I can do it for free, I’m at chino hills. There is a range by my house. you just need to pay the range fees.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1