Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x24

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FCOD
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Oct 2008
    • 3961

    Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8x24

  • #2
    zrockstar
    Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 242

    I have the 1-6. It is clear and bright on all mag levels. The reticle is very crisp illum off and on. I heard the 1-8 can get a little hazy between 7-8, but from my experience with the 1-6, it is not a bad optic at all. I also have a Sig Tango 1-6x24 with the same reticle... does it give me 4X performane for the 4X price over the Vortex??? No way.

    Comment

    • #3
      Paperchasin
      YOU are next!!
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2010
      • 6407

      No disrespect, but if you have experience with pretty much the entire line of Vortex optics, maybe you should be telling us if the strike eagle is any good?? I have no experience with the Razor line (yet), but I have owned 2 PSTs, and while they were decent scopes, I ultimately ended up selling them. With that being said, I can't imagine their cheapest offerings being any better, so I would personally steer clear of them regardless of the price.
      Feedback: https://imgur.com/a/mkdPdnQ

      Comment

      • #4
        zrockstar
        Member
        • Jan 2011
        • 242

        Originally posted by Paperchasin
        I can't imagine their cheapest offerings being any better, so I would personally steer clear of them regardless of the price.
        I feel like it's the opposite. I had a Viper PST 6-24 and was not that excited about it. My Sig Tango4 outperformed it in every way. In my experience (no experience with the Razor HD line), I think Vortex shines in the sub $400 range. I have the Strike Eagle, and had a Diamondback HP on a cheap bolt gun which both are phenomenal scopes for the money.

        Key words: for the money.

        If you are saying you can't imagine a cheaper offering being better than a more expensive offering from the same company... well, duh.

        It's when you start getting into the $1000 Viper range that there is much more competition that is able to outperform the Vortex so things start looking a lot different.

        Comment

        • #5
          Paperchasin
          YOU are next!!
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Oct 2010
          • 6407

          Originally posted by zrockstar
          I feel like it's the opposite. I had a Viper PST 6-24 and was not that excited about it. My Sig Tango4 outperformed it in every way. In my experience (no experience with the Razor HD line), I think Vortex shines in the sub $400 range. I have the Strike Eagle, and had a Diamondback HP on a cheap bolt gun which both are phenomenal scopes for the money.

          Key words: for the money.

          If you are saying you can't imagine a cheaper offering being better than a more expensive offering from the same company... well, duh.

          It's when you start getting into the $1000 Viper range that there is much more competition that is able to outperform the Vortex so things start looking a lot different.
          OP never mentioned "for the money", which is why I made the comments that I did. Once you use high end optics, it's hard to pretend you've never looked thru one. They set the bar high and instead of thinking "bang for the buck" , I ended up with "you get what you pay for" and " buy once cry once" mentality. I have never built anything if I couldn't throw quality parts into (but I tried!) This includes scopes. "Worth" and "value" are completely subjective. I have never regretted overspending for quality but I have regretted many times cheaping out to save money. I will stick to a minimum of Japanese glass from now on. Just not impressed with Chinese//Philippines glass. Just$0.02.
          Feedback: https://imgur.com/a/mkdPdnQ

          Comment

          • #6
            FCOD
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Oct 2008
            • 3961

            Originally posted by Paperchasin
            No disrespect, but if you have experience with pretty much the entire line of Vortex optics, maybe you should be telling us if the strike eagle is any good?? I have no experience with the Razor line (yet), but I have owned 2 PSTs, and while they were decent scopes, I ultimately ended up selling them. With that being said, I can't imagine their cheapest offerings being any better, so I would personally steer clear of them regardless of the price.

            Comment

            • #7
              Paperchasin
              YOU are next!!
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Oct 2010
              • 6407

              Viper, Razor, Diamondback, and Strike Eagle. What other series of scopes does Vortex make? You now have seen thru 3 of 4 offerings. Do you really care to look thru the Diamondback line? If after using high end optics, you are happy using the lower offerings, then that's fine. I was simply asking you to tell us, since you've seen thru MOST of their offerings, if the strike eagle is "worth" it.
              Feedback: https://imgur.com/a/mkdPdnQ

              Comment

              • #8
                etwinam
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2016
                • 3223

                I have a Viper PST, a diamondback HP, a diamondback standard and I'm looking at a strike eagle 1-6x24. I have an 18" PWS mod 2 upper I want make into an SPR build.

                I personally have tried many scopes from Leupold to Sig and my personal experience is Vortex is great. Is it on the same level as Zeiss or night force no, but for all my uses they have never failed me. I've shot 1000yds with my PST and my diamondback HP is sitting on a Grendel build. I've also used it on a 300wm.

                Long story short I would have no problem with a strike eagle. The only Vortex I would avoid is the crossfire. I feel like that line was created for rimfire and I wouldn't expect it to stand up to recoil very well. I have no actual experience with the crossfire line so I'm really just speculating. They could be solid for all I know.
                God, Guns & Integrity. Prioritize your Priorities.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Horrendo Revolver
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2015
                  • 1013

                  I mounted many many Crossfires at work and just can’t find anything good to say about them other than price. I like Vortex mini red dots and Razor scopes. There are several brands of scopes in the same price range as Diamondbacks, Strike Eagles and Vipers that I see better through.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1