Getting ready to purchase a Leupold scope for my 700P. What reticle should I get, TMR or MIL Dot? Any suggestions. What are the advantages or disadvantages of each. Thanks
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Leupold TMR or Mil Dot???
Collapse
X
-
I prefer the TMR. One of my buddies just got a Nightforce with the mil-dot reticle and mil turrets.
That said, one thing I don't like about Leupold is they don't offer many scopes with mil reticles and mil turrets. Most of their mil-based reticle scopes have MOA turrets. I like to keep things the same to minimize confusion in my limited-capacity brain.Comment
-
If you're set on the Leupold, then get the TMR. I have one with it and I think you'll find it's a little easier to use than mildots.
If you can come up with a little more money get a Nightforce NXS with either the MLR reticle (mils) or the NP-R1 (moa).
If you can come up with a LOT more money, get the NF with the FFP reticle.
To see the above check out this thread in the optics forum:
Rob Thomas - Match Director NCPPRC Tactical Long Range Match
Match Director Sac Valley Vintage Military Rifle Long Range MatchComment
-
The TMR is the RET to get in a Leupold. I agree with Pthfndr Nightforce is a better scope.
Mike @ CSGWDealer for Zero Compromise Optic, Tangent Theta, Leupold, Nightforce, Vortex, Aimpoint, Desert Tech, Swarovski and more...
Call 916-670-1103 for Calguns pricing
www.cstactical.com
sales@cstactical.com
916-670-1103
sigpicComment
-
-
Agree with the first statement. Disagree with the second. If you are up to Nightforce FFP territory get the Premier Heritage instead. A much better scope.Liberty Optics LLC
"See Better, Shoot Better"
www.LibertyOptics.com
Scott@LibertyOptics.com
406-827-6543
Scott's cell number: 406-291-8250Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,415
Posts: 25,147,624
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,927
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 18579 users online. 115 members and 18464 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment