Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Can someone help me here with removing this sight

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jason Singh
    Member
    • Mar 2016
    • 286

    Can someone help me here with removing this sight

    I bought this Glock 21 gen 3 used for about $300, I decided to change out the sights, but I am not sure how to remove this sight. Can someone help me out.
    Attached Files
  • #2
  • #3
    SkyHawk
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Sep 2012
    • 23531

    Larger, in-focus picture would help a ton.

    Did you try squeezing it at the bottom, squeezing the front and back? Is it plastic?

    The one he has installed currently isn't secured by a screw. At least from what I can see in the blurry, postage stamp size image. Likely he will need that to install the new one though.
    Last edited by SkyHawk; 02-11-2017, 7:52 PM.
    Click here for my iTrader Feedback thread: https://www.calguns.net/forum/market...r-feedback-100

    Comment

    • #4
      Jason Singh
      Member
      • Mar 2016
      • 286

      Originally posted by SkyHawk
      Did you try squeezing it at the bottom, squeezing the front and back? Is it plastic?



      The one he has installed currently isn't secured by a screw. Likely he will need that to install the new one though.
      I will try. The new one I got does require the tool. So I will buy it anyways.

      Comment

      • #5
        Jason Singh
        Member
        • Mar 2016
        • 286

        Originally posted by SkyHawk
        Larger, in-focus picture would help a ton.

        Did you try squeezing it at the bottom, squeezing the front and back? Is it plastic?



        The one he has installed currently isn't secured by a screw. At least from what I can see in the blurry, postage stamp size image. Likely he will need that to install the new one though.
        Sorry for the bad image. I will try to upload a better one with my camera.

        Also it does not feel like plastic and does not move.

        Comment

        • #6
          hermosabeach
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Feb 2009
          • 19807

          Stock plastic front sight can be pulled off with pliers

          It does not take much to remove them
          Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

          Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

          Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

          Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
          (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

          Comment

          • #7
            Jason Singh
            Member
            • Mar 2016
            • 286

            Originally posted by hermosabeach
            Stock plastic front sight can be pulled off with pliers

            It does not take much to remove them
            Thanks, I pulled it out with pliers. the sights ripped off, the metal stuck in there. Than I had to use a small metal rod to pull the metal piece out.

            But I got it off so thanks.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1