Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Glock 19 sights and lights

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dhalism
    Member
    • Jul 2015
    • 136

    Glock 19 sights and lights

    Anyone have experience with trijicon hd? Or tlr1 and xc1 surefire? Looking to get these for my hd gun

    Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
  • #2
    Calico1404
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2016
    • 3401

    Tlrhl. Absolutely great

    Comment

    • #3
      Matt P
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2006
      • 3101

      Just my opinion on this...

      A light on a handgun will slightly back light your standard sights and allow you to use them if you even have the time to make a controlled sighted shot. I can not think of any circumstance you would remotely encounter in your home where you need night sights.
      I would invest that money into a light/laser combination instead.

      Your laser is your best investment outside a light. Projection of force at the push of a button vs pressing a trigger or yelling out you are armed. Any woman, child or old person can effectively project state of mind by shining a laser on a threat.
      Night sights do little to make a threat go away like a laser could.

      If you were in a home to burglarize it and all of a sudden you saw a laser coming down a hallway or was sweeping your body, what would you think?
      Yeah, there might be a gun on the other end of it.

      Avoidance is always a better end result then pressing a trigger and letting God sort it out.....

      Light and laser on a HD gun........For the win.

      Want to bump it a notch from there?

      Buy a pressure switch so you can operate the unit momentarily with one hand on the grip. Addionally naturally gripping the gun will activate light and laser if this is selected. No additional training to use index fingers to control the light.

      Try searching techniques using discriminatory lighting when you need to have both hands on the gun. A pressure pad makes this type of use a cinch.

      My opinion comes from having my duty dept. issued handgun set up this way. Additionally training my agency officers in searching techniques as the dept range master. My own hd handgun is set up this way. No night sights on it.
      My WTB of Anything Glock 1-2 Generation, Tupperware, Manuals or Parts. Press Me

      Comment

      • #4
        CouchOperator
        Veteran Member
        • May 2016
        • 4353

        I disagree that a pressure switch is needed on a handgun. Decent lights will have sensitive pressure pads built into the physical light. I also disagree with lasers on handguns unless its strictly for NVG use and even then an rmr is superior.



        I agree with that night sights will be pointless with a light however they are nice within the niche of transitional lighting, where its not dark enough to need a whitelight but a bit dark where having a bright front sight is handy. I need to swap my front out for an HD orange front.


        I recommend a surefire X300V-B

        Comment

        • #5
          KillZone45
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2009
          • 2570

          Running the Wilson Combat Vickers sights on my G19, I'll never go back to a traditional 3 dot sight system again.
          Nikita Khrushchev said"We can't expect the American People to jump from Capitalism to Communism, but we can assist their elected leaders in giving them small doses of Socialism, until they awaken one day to find that they have Communism. "

          Comment

          • #6
            Raindown
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2016
            • 20

            I really enjoy my Trijicon HD night sights. I got the orange front sight.

            Edit: this is on my G17 though.

            Comment

            • #7
              thegamettt
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2011
              • 2630

              I like hi viz orange front sights. I run either red fiber optic plus an apl, or trijicon HD orange front with an xc1. The xc1 is a great Cqc light despite all the hate about the low lumen output. I don't have any experience with streamlight but hear they are quite good too. Can carry both setups comfortably. Oh almost forgot I prefer blacked out rears or a single dot.
              Last edited by thegamettt; 01-21-2017, 6:46 AM.
              Have a good day!

              Comment

              • #8
                1911Loaded
                Banned
                • Mar 2016
                • 264

                I have the Trijicon HD night sights (Orange front sight) on my G19. I think they're great, would recommend.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Matt P
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2006
                  • 3101

                  Originally posted by CouchOperator
                  I disagree that a pressure switch is needed on a handgun. Decent lights will have sensitive pressure pads built into the physical light. I also disagree with lasers on handguns unless its strictly for NVG use and even then an rmr is superior.



                  I agree with that night sights will be pointless with a light however they are nice within the niche of transitional lighting, where its not dark enough to need a whitelight but a bit dark where having a bright front sight is handy. I need to swap my front out for an HD orange front.


                  I recommend a surefire X300V-B

                  So you have used those items and found them unnecessary?
                  What has been your experience with them on a handgun?

                  A laser on a handgun in my opinion is not for aiming. You certainly could use it for that but typically it may be much slower then just using sights. It is a force projection tool. A means to project your state of mind. Hey, I have a gun aimed at you!

                  I know several agencies embracing lasers as a force projection tool. Outside the military who do you think is the next group of people who point guns at others. They have an opinion borne upon experience.
                  Last edited by Matt P; 01-21-2017, 10:39 AM.
                  My WTB of Anything Glock 1-2 Generation, Tupperware, Manuals or Parts. Press Me

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    The Shootist
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2010
                    • 1796

                    I love my xc1....it has the perfect amount of lumens for my home defense needs. It's not overly bright like some lights I've tried that blinded me off white walls. It's a sufficient amount of light to me.... It's a good accessory for the glock 19 I hear they are coming out with a light laser combo shortly though if you want both
                    NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
                    CRPA MEMBER
                    FIREARMS POLICY COALITION MEMBER
                    CGN CONTRIBUTOR

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      robledo
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • 978

                      I have Trijicon HDs on a couple of my house and carry guns. Yeah the weapon light negates them and having never had to use them in a real life or death situation I cant say for certain that it would be anything more than reflexive high-stress point shooting. But they are a nice option to have on a gun for lower light shooting so you aren't 100% dependent on your weapon light. Or for carry use.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        CouchOperator
                        Veteran Member
                        • May 2016
                        • 4353

                        Originally posted by Matt P
                        So you have used those items and found them unnecessary?
                        What has been your experience with them on a handgun?

                        A laser on a handgun in my opinion is not for aiming. You certainly could use it for that but typically it may be much slower then just using sights. It is a force projection tool. A means to project your state of mind. Hey, I have a gun aimed at you!

                        I know several agencies embracing lasers as a force projection tool. Outside the military who do you think is the next group of people who point guns at others. They have an opinion borne upon experience.
                        Im not out serving warrants, thats not my line of work.
                        The laser unit i do have lives life on IR Point/Illum, and its on my rifle.

                        Regarding the visible spectrum, I dont depend on a dude looking at his chest while also being blinded with lumens and colorful verbal commands.
                        Last edited by CouchOperator; 01-21-2017, 1:38 PM.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          robledo
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 978

                          Originally posted by Matt P
                          So you have used those items and found them unnecessary?
                          What has been your experience with them on a handgun?

                          A laser on a handgun in my opinion is not for aiming. You certainly could use it for that but typically it may be much slower then just using sights. It is a force projection tool. A means to project your state of mind. Hey, I have a gun aimed at you!

                          I know several agencies embracing lasers as a force projection tool. Outside the military who do you think is the next group of people who point guns at others. They have an opinion borne upon experience.
                          Just thinking out loud here but...

                          Police have a vast array of situations and duties in their line of work where deterrence and projection of force is necessary. They are in public locations and unfamiliar places deescalating situations due to liability, morality, their job duties, etc. I don't think it's really that comparable to compare their common self defense scenarios to someone inside their home. LEOs raid houses (deliberate offense vs reactive defense), have body cams, are filmed by the public....add in the typical disparity of force between one or two LEOs and an unhinged typical everyday bad guy or suspect and it's almost apples and oranges.

                          I can imagine that "force projection" in a home defense situation is going to be extremely reactive and fast. My goal isn't to scare the bad guy away. I don't have the luxury of assuming that he'll stop, or as mentioned above, even realize he's being lased. My life is in such danger at that moment that I want to stop that threat 100% ASAP.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ElvenSoul
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Apr 2008
                            • 17431

                            Got Hackathorn Sights on my G29. I hold the flashlight on my hand.
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              teflondog
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 4011

                              I like the TLR-1 for my full size Glocks, but I think it protrudes too far past the muzzle on compact guns. That's why I use the XC-1 on my Glock 19. For indoor use, I really like the XC-1 beam pattern since it's a really wide flood without a hotspot in the center.
                              Originally posted by G. Michael Hopf
                              Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1