Guys I'm looking for a 1" lower power variable scope (starting with 1x) and I want to see what you guys recommend. So far I have the Weaver Classic V 1-3x and Sig Whiskey 1-5 on my list. This will go on my Mini-14.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
1" Low Power Variable Scope
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
-
Leupold has a couple Mark AR Mod1 1" tube 1.5-4x20's from $240-$370ish illuminated / non-illuminated. They do make some VX-1's, VX-2's under $300 that are 1-4x20mm with 1" tubes too.
Not exactly one power but there are not many true one-power scope. I like the clarity of the Leupold Mark AR's I have.
If you are looking to spend $500 on a Sig, there a re lots of choices as far as price range, but not a lot of 1" tubes. There's so much stuff coming out in this category in the future it can't hurt to wait either, but probably 30mm tubes.Last edited by crufflers; 12-12-2016, 10:42 AM.Comment
-
+1 for Leupold but again not a 1X if your are firm on wanting 1XA 30cal will reach out and touch them. A 50cal will kick their butt.
NRA Life Member, NRA certified RSO & Basic Pistol Instructor, Hunter, shooter, reloader
SCI, Manteca Sportsmen Club, Coalinga Rifle Club, Escalon Sportsmans Club, Waterford Sportsman Club & NAHA Member, Madison Society memberComment
-
Vortex strike eagle.NRA Lifer
Originally posted by Click BoomI know your ban hammer is cold hammer forged and chrome lined, im not messin with it!Comment
-
I have a Strike Eagle... it is not a 1" tube. You go to a 30mm tube and there are many more options up and down the food chain... like PA 1-6, 1-8, Burris, Vortex Crossfire, etc... Vortex Viper PST, Razor, PA Platinum.
Those VX-1 and VX-2's are 1" and one power rated also. VX-2 might be a nice one to check out under $300.Comment
-
I have one of these on a deer rifle. It's pretty clear, fast & easy to sight.Leupold has a couple Mark AR Mod1 1" tube 1.5-4x20's from $240-$370ish illuminated / non-illuminated. They do make some VX-1's, VX-2's under $300 that are 1-4x20mm with 1" tubes too.
Not exactly one power but there are not many true one-power scope. I like the clarity of the Leupold Mark AR's I have.
If you are looking to spend $500 on a Sig, there a re lots of choices as far as price range, but not a lot of 1" tubes. There's so much stuff coming out in this category in the future it can't hurt to wait either, but probably 30mm tubes.Comment
-
Nikon 1-4x20 1" tube and clear glass.
sigpic NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA Life Member / SAF Life Member
Calguns.net an incorported entity - President.
The Calguns Shooting Sports Assoc. - Vice President.
The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.Comment
-
Another nod to Weaver 1-3... In my quest for lightweight scope(s) for a few lightweight builds, thats one of several I picked up... Good scope in its class.
Most (if not all) Nikon are 1"... the 1-4 that Kes mentioned might be a good consideration.
If variable power is not a must, Leupold has several lower magnification fixed power 1" tube... Very lightweight (if that matters to you)."Kamala is a radical leftist lunatic" ~ Donald J. TrumpComment
-
The Mini-14 will be used anywhere from 15-200 yards, maybe 300 yards if I'm feeling adventurous. The variable power (especially 1x) would be great at 100 yards or closer.
I think I'll be going with either the Weave or Nikon. The Weaver is lighter and it's supposed to have a true 1x. If I'm shooting at 300 yards I guess I'll have to turn the alleviation up.
Another nod to Weaver 1-3... In my quest for lightweight scope(s) for a few lightweight builds, thats one of several I picked up... Good scope in its class.
Most (if not all) Nikon are 1"... the 1-4 that Kes mentioned might be a good consideration.
If variable power is not a must, Leupold has several lower magnification fixed power 1" tube... Very lightweight (if that matters to you).Comment
-
I think you are on the right track either way... for 15-200 yard type shooting, low power variable is such a pleasure to work with when compared to a lot of other types of optics.
The 223 inside of 200-300 yards is actually very easy to dope with a little practice and without any fancy reticle or exposed turrets.
If your goal is for weight saving and for a sleeker / cleaner setup, I think you would appreciate the Weaver more than the Nikon.
I run most of my low power scopes with exposed turrets like the SWFA and Viper PST 1-4 and 1-6... and while I prefer them setup that way for the type of shooting I do, they are a little bulky / snaggy when compared to my Weaver.ExtremeXComment
-
To be honest if I ever shoot 300 yards is just for kicks and I can probably figure out hold pretty easily since I judge space/distances very well. I'll be getting the weaver as soon as money frees up a little from all the gun buying. I believe the weaver actually has a true 1x.
I think you are on the right track either way... for 15-200 yard type shooting, low power variable is such a pleasure to work with when compared to a lot of other types of optics.
The 223 inside of 200-300 yards is actually very easy to dope with a little practice and without any fancy reticle or exposed turrets.
If your goal is for weight saving and for a sleeker / cleaner setup, I think you would appreciate the Weaver more than the Nikon.
I run most of my low power scopes with exposed turrets like the SWFA and Viper PST 1-4 and 1-6... and while I prefer them setup that way for the type of shooting I do, they are a little bulky / snaggy when compared to my Weaver.Comment
-
The weaver v3 or leupold pig plex are both about 8oz and do the job..
I had 2 v3 and sold them but they are good and I had no problems getting hits out to 3 or 400 yards consistently.
Nicer glass than the cheap "tactical" scopes like the crossfire, Bushnell pcl throw down, strike eagle, PA, etc. And lifetime warranty.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,390
Posts: 25,147,362
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,484
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 30745 users online. 160 members and 30585 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment