Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Back up sight options?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • C.W.M.V.
    Banned
    • Feb 2010
    • 4647

    Back up sight options?

    Hi all!
    I've been told from time to time that my thoughts on sights are from an earlier era, but I still view all optical sights as secondary to good irons. They are tough, never run out of batteries, and with practice quick and accurate.
    Yet I find myself in a conundrum.
    I recently acquired an Elcan SpectreOS 3.1x. Wonderful optic and it sits on my go to gun.
    Unfortunately I can't fit my YHM buis under it, there's just no room. The rifle also has a fixed A-frame fsb.
    So the question is are there extreme low profile buis out there? And if not is an optic like the elcan specter reliable enough to be a primary sighting system?
    This is all naval gazing perhaps but I'm curious what the hive thinks. I'm home sick with kidney stones and synthetic opiates bored out of my mind lol!
  • #2
    Ej6fade
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2015
    • 786

    ...
    Last edited by Ej6fade; 02-28-2019, 12:37 PM.

    Comment

    • #3
      m850168
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2014
      • 852

      MBUS Pro's are comparable to KAC Micros.

      Bobro Lowriders appear to be lower profile. I haven't seen them in person, but based on pictures I think they're the lowest profile I know of.

      Comment

      • #4
        GimpsUnlimited
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2013
        • 1653

        OP, if you can give us some idea of how many inches over the rail you need to clear the optics, we can go measure our sights and let you know.
        Lifetime NRA member.
        --------------------------
        Molon labe

        Comment

        • #5
          CouchOperator
          Veteran Member
          • May 2016
          • 4353

          KAC micro 300m

          Comment

          • #6
            GimpsUnlimited
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2013
            • 1653

            Originally posted by CouchOperator
            KAC micro 300m
            NM my prior comment, KAC micro 300m wins.
            Lifetime NRA member.
            --------------------------
            Molon labe

            Comment

            • #7
              Kestryll
              Head Janitor
              • Oct 2005
              • 21613

              The MBUS Pro sits pretty darn flat and when mounted on the last rail slot does not interfere with the charging handle.

              sigpic NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA Life Member / SAF Life Member
              Calguns.net an incorported entity - President.
              The Calguns Shooting Sports Assoc. - Vice President.
              The California Rifle & Pistol Assoc. - Director.
              DONATE TO NRA-ILA, CGSSA, AND CRPAF NOW!
              Opinions posted in this account are my own and unless specifically stated as such are not the approved position of Calguns.net, CGSSA or CRPA.

              Comment

              • #8
                C.W.M.V.
                Banned
                • Feb 2010
                • 4647

                Hey thanks guys.
                Sorry I dropped out, kidney stones sent me to the hospital.
                As soon as I can I'll get the measurements for how much space I have.

                Comment

                • #9
                  CouchOperator
                  Veteran Member
                  • May 2016
                  • 4353

                  FWIW i also recommend the KAC MK12/MK18 front sight




                  Comment

                  • #10
                    C.W.M.V.
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 4647

                    All my guns have a fixed front sight base. Just my preference.
                    The Kac 300m look about perfect but I'll check it out ASAP.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      C.W.M.V.
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2010
                      • 4647

                      Hey guys thanks a bunch.
                      I just got home to check it out and for my eye relief to be correct I only have a single slot available under the optic.
                      I'll check out the Kac but I think I'll try to fab something up on top of the optic like the ACOG used to have, with a set of irons on top.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        vzqz
                        Junior Member
                        • Jun 2013
                        • 84

                        CWMV, I tried uploading a picture of how the KAC iron sights look on my AR but I couldn't figure it out. I can text you a picture of them if you'd like. My number is 951-514-9002.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          GMG
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 7974

                          A.R.M.S. 40lL rear sight. Only .610" high when folded down. They can be found for a lot less from other vendors!

                          http://armsmounts.com/default.asp?mo...sub=sights&id=[hsh]40L
                          sigpic

                          A member of The Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1