Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Cataract and Rimfire Scopes

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Garv the innocent
    RSG Minion, Senior
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Apr 2014
    • 9075

    Cataract and Rimfire Scopes

    I have a cataract starting up in my shooting eye.

    I see three red dots on my TRS-25 at about 15 yards so need to try something different.

    I have an M&P 15-22 that I shoot at Angeles Range at ~100 yards and will go indoors at times to 25 yards or so.

    I did some Google-Fu and saw the most love for the Nikon Prostaff Rimfire in my $100 or so price range.
    Also some thumbs up for BSA Sweet, Simmons and Bushnell.
    3x9-40 seemed popular.

    Comments/Suggestions for scope?

    If anyone here has had to deal with cataracts, what did you do to keep your shooting going?

    Thanks.
    Last edited by Garv; 08-04-2016, 8:08 AM.
    Originally posted by Kestryll:
    It never fails to amuse me how people get outraged but fail to tell the whole story in their rants....
  • #2
    ocabj
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2005
    • 7924

    Surgery. Optical corrections, whether it's corrective glasses or the scope on a rifle is going to help cataract because the lens of your eye is 'cloudy'.

    Distinguished Rifleman #1924
    NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
    NRL22 Match Director at WEGC

    https://www.ocabj.net

    Comment

    • #3
      Garv the innocent
      RSG Minion, Senior
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Apr 2014
      • 9075

      Originally posted by ocabj
      Surgery. Optical corrections, whether it's corrective glasses or the scope on a rifle is going to help cataract because the lens of your eye is 'cloudy'.
      It is not bad enough yet for insurance to cover, might take a few more years.
      it has already been done on my other eye so I know what I am in for.
      Thanks.
      Originally posted by Kestryll:
      It never fails to amuse me how people get outraged but fail to tell the whole story in their rants....

      Comment

      • #4
        ocabj
        Calguns Addict
        • Oct 2005
        • 7924

        I developed cataract in only one (my dominant) eye back in 2002 and had surgery for it back then.

        I don't remember having to justify it with the insurance company, though. What's the criteria for it being severe enough?

        Distinguished Rifleman #1924
        NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
        NRL22 Match Director at WEGC

        https://www.ocabj.net

        Comment

        • #5
          Garv the innocent
          RSG Minion, Senior
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Apr 2014
          • 9075

          20/50 corrected last time.
          Depends on insurance probably.
          I can wait for a while longer for someone to cut into my eyes again.
          Originally posted by Kestryll:
          It never fails to amuse me how people get outraged but fail to tell the whole story in their rants....

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1