Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Zen-Ray 10x42

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FishnHunt
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2015
    • 1112

    Zen-Ray 10x42

    I just pulled the trigger on Zen-Ray prime HD 10x42
    Anyone have these?
    There is deal of the day, open box sale at cameralandny for $459 and you'll get a new pair instead. 160$ savings.
    I rally like my10x42s monarchs I've had for close to 10 years. But after looking through my daughters new monarch 7, 8 powers.
    I am wanting some new Nice glass.
    Thanks

    If these are the bees knees I might be selling my monarchs if anyone is interested. camo 10x42s
    All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
  • #2
    pennstater
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 4671

    You got yourself some MIGHTY good binocs! Those are killer glass.
    I have the 8x42's. Its why I'm selling my Leupold and Swift binocs.
    Nothing wrong with what I'm selling, just don't need 4 pair of binocs.
    You did good.

    Comment

    • #3
      FishnHunt
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2015
      • 1112

      Thanks Penn.
      Cant wait to look through these.
      All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.

      Comment

      • #4
        Kingair001
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2015
        • 2357

        I was reading that they make real nice binoculars and spotting scopes !

        Never seen one in real life yet . . .
        WTB : Bren Ten - WTB : Wildey 45 & 475 Magnum

        Comment

        • #5
          lewdogg21
          Cattle Thieves Pro Staff
          • May 2009
          • 10369

          I bought a pair of those and my current Zeiss conquests probably 3 years ago. I found the zen ray to be slightly off color and not as bright as the zeiss but not bad in any way. I ended up going with the zeiss. I would try their products again.
          Originally posted by jmonte35
          Disagree. Been trying to teach lewdogg21 how to hunt. It's like trying to teach Steve Wonder how to see. Not sure we're ever going to get there.
          .

          Comment

          • #6
            goodlookin1
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2009
            • 2557

            Primes are great, I have the 8x42's. They have field flatteners, extremely little CA, and very clean glass.

            If they have a fault, it's that the eye cups come off too easily. I need to send mine back so they can glue them back on. But the glass is unbelievable for the price. Even the ED3's are very nice, but they lack the field flatteners, so the sweet spot is about 70-80% clear, but not edge to edge like the Primes.

            One thing I would say is that 10x's tend to be more shaky, or rather more difficult to stabilize by hand. Your mileage may vary.
            www.FirearmReviews.net

            Comment

            • #7
              FishnHunt
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2015
              • 1112

              They should be in tomorrow so I Can't wait to test side by side
              All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.

              Comment

              • #8
                Horrendo Revolver
                Senior Member
                • May 2015
                • 1013

                I've heard good things about them.

                Comment

                • #9
                  FishnHunt
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2015
                  • 1112

                  Wish I had better news, but they just dont fit my face for some reason.
                  When I try to look through these, I can't put them up against my face with the eye cups extended to where they make a nice fit with my eye socket and straddle my nose to get a full field of view.
                  Only way I can can get full filed of view is having the binoculars folded almost as far as they go and then I can't put them up close against my face because they hit the bridge of my nose.
                  I also pulled out my and my daughters binoculars (nikon monarchs) and do NOT have this problem.
                  Buddy who ordered the same pair, doesn't have a problem with mine or his. but I have the problem with either pair.
                  oh well.
                  All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1