Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Mounting Scope Rail

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • MarkInFolsom
    Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 392

    Mounting Scope Rail

    I'm working on a new build and about to mount the scope rail. Putting on a NightForce pic rail on a Remington 700 short action. When I mount the rail to test for fit and gap, I find no gap regardless of which end I tighten down. Rather astounded.

    So given that, since I don't need to bed the rail, would it be OK to apply a small amount of blue Loctite between the rail and the receiver just to make things "cozy"?
  • #2
    OpticsPlanet
    Vendor/Retailer
    • Apr 2009
    • 2129

    Locktite (of any kind) has never worked well as a filler for me, and unless I'm wrong was never designed for that purpose. Personally, I don't think you will need Locktite anywhere but on the screw threads, and the Nighforce rail will be rock solid.

    George P.
    CalGunners: Take 5% off your order of $50 or more at OpticsPlanet by using coupon code CALGUNS! Some exclusions apply.

    OpticsPlanet
    http://www.opticsplanet.com
    Toll-Free (888) 504-7864
    Send us a private message if we can be of help!

    Comment

    • #3
      ocabj
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2005
      • 7924

      What you're talking about is bedding the scope base. Loctite is not suitable as a bedding compound.

      If you really want to do this, look at Brownells Acraglas or Devcon epoxy compound.

      Distinguished Rifleman #1924
      NRA Certified Instructor (Rifle and Metallic Cartridge Reloading) and RSO
      NRL22 Match Director at WEGC

      https://www.ocabj.net

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1