Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Range Bags

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LMan57
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2013
    • 843

    Range Bags

    Any suggestions on a good range bag I need one for two pistols looking for one padded with mag holders with room for the usual range gear for something around $100.00 or less maybe more.
    It's better to have and not need than to need and not have"
  • #2
    billped
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 2504

    Board favorites includes the ones from Midway. However, shipping is expensive so wait until you have other things to buy. I have two of them and they are durable and have the right amount of pockets/separators.

    You can also search for range bag - this has been discussed hundreds of times.
    Bill

    Comment

    • #3
      pc_load_letter
      Veteran Member
      • Jan 2011
      • 2520

      I have completely stopped using all "gym" style range backs and strictly carry my GPS Handgunner backpack.

      It's an amazing piece of kit and I wonder how I got along without it. I was going to write a review in the next couple weeks.

      I think it's the best range bag out there and comes in under $100



      Comment

      • #4
        Shasta Frog
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2012
        • 740

        I have a GPS range bag I got from Walmart. It's awesome. tons of storage, everything has its own place and each pocket is labeled. Storage for mags, glasses, ear plugs, stapler, tape, ammo cups, lockable zippers. This bag has it all.

        Comment

        • #5
          peacedivision
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2012
          • 1717



          Plain kensington contour backpack usually.

          Comment

          • #6
            fredridge
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2012
            • 1090

            I just acquired another pistol and my current setup won't work. I just started looking at this myself.

            now on a hunt to find the best price

            Originally posted by pc_load_letter
            I have completely stopped using all "gym" style range backs and strictly carry my GPS Handgunner backpack.

            It's an amazing piece of kit and I wonder how I got along without it. I was going to write a review in the next couple weeks.

            I think it's the best range bag out there and comes in under $100



            Comment

            • #7
              LAKings22
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2012
              • 1781

              Originally posted by pc_load_letter
              I have completely stopped using all "gym" style range backs and strictly carry my GPS Handgunner backpack.

              It's an amazing piece of kit and I wonder how I got along without it. I was going to write a review in the next couple weeks.

              I think it's the best range bag out there and comes in under $100



              I was looking at this at Turners last week and it looked like a well made bag. I'm in the market for a new range bag but couldn't make up my mind if i wanted this or gym style bag.

              Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

              Comment

              • #8
                Shasta Frog
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2012
                • 740

                GPS bags are very well made. I have the medium bag and its stout. I haven't seen anything else in that price range come close to the same quality.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Jel
                  Senior Member
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 1425

                  Originally posted by Shasta Frog
                  I have a GPS range bag I got from Walmart. It's awesome. tons of storage, everything has its own place and each pocket is labeled. Storage for mags, glasses, ear plugs, stapler, tape, ammo cups, lockable zippers. This bag has it all.

                  http://www.walmart.com/ip/G.P.S.-Med...e-Bag/26531757
                  Looks like a very nice bag. Seems a bit pricey, but I will want to see it in person.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Shasta Frog
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2012
                    • 740

                    Originally posted by Jel
                    Looks like a very nice bag. Seems a bit pricey, but I will want to see it in person.
                    Mine was only $59.99. But I'd pay $100 no problem

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      BajaJames83
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 6041

                      the midway bag is a great deal when they are on sale
                      NRA Endowment Life Member
                      USMC 2001-2012

                      Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis

                      John Dickerson: What keeps you awake at night?
                      James Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        nokarma
                        Member
                        • Feb 2005
                        • 312

                        The midway bags have not lived up to weekly use.
                        The midway bag is a cheep knockoff of the shooters connection bag.

                        I have both bags and the shooters connection bag is much better made then the midway bag but you pay for it.
                        If you only use your range bag every month or so the midway bag is fine.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          damndave
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Oct 2008
                          • 10858

                          I have a Midway bag, but don't use it unless I go to a indoor range.

                          I mostly use this now.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            LMan57
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2013
                            • 843

                            Thanks for all the reply's I still looking around so far Midway has a couple I like.
                            It's better to have and not need than to need and not have"

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              XDJYo
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Apr 2012
                              • 7092

                              After loading up my new Midway range bag, it's not all that great. The main thing that I don't like about it are the zippers. Those are the most used piece on the bag and what you have to use anytime you want to put something in or take something out of the bag. They're just horrible quality zippers. They get stuck going around the curves and make it difficult to use. If it were my money, I would rather spend more and get better quality than be cheap and be frustrated every time i use it.

                              I'm already on the hunt for a different bag...Lesson learned.


                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Les Baer 1911: Premier II w/1.5" Guarantee, Blued, No FCS, Combat Rear, F/O Front, Checkered MSH & SA Professional Double Diamond Grips
                              Springfield Armory XD-45 4" Service Model
                              Springfield Armory XD9 4" Service Model (wifes).
                              M&P 15 (Mine)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1