Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Handgun safe storage

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • tyrist
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2007
    • 4564

    Handgun safe storage

    What does everyone use to store their handguns in their safe? I need some way to organize these things there are so many I just have them laying all over the safe.
  • #2
    ///D
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2007
    • 884

    I had the same problem. First off, I use velcro pistol pockets to fully utilize the door space. On my Liberty I can fit roughly 12 onto the inner door.

    As for cramming them on shelves, I use 6 gun pistol racks similar but not the same to these:



    These helped ALOT

    Gained me about 18+ more spaces to store others. I have them lined up beside eachother on 2 shelves.
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      sorensen440
      Calguns Addict
      • Mar 2007
      • 8612

      Depends on the size of your safe
      I like the door pockets myself but if i had a bigger safe ( I eventually want to convert a room into a vault )
      I would use http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...048&hasJS=true
      "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

      Comment

      • #4
        AK4me
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2008
        • 1282

        Originally posted by sorensen440
        Depends on the size of your safe
        I like the door pockets myself but if i had a bigger safe ( I eventually want to convert a room into a vault )
        I would use http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...048&hasJS=true
        I would love to have a vault.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          ///D
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2007
          • 884

          Wow, that carousel rack would be a very cool center piece on the coffee table...especially filled up!
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            glockman19
            Banned
            • Jun 2007
            • 10486

            I store mine upside down resting on their sights. I can get 14 of them on a shelf.

            Comment

            • #7
              reggie 00
              Member
              • Jun 2008
              • 340

              Where have you guys found the door pockets?

              I looked around a couple places and i didnt see to much.

              I went out and got a wire shelf that attaches to the bottom of the shelf that is in my safe.



              Works pretty good and doesnt seem to interfere with the long guns in the bottom section.


              NRA Life Member

              Comment

              • #8
                sorensen440
                Calguns Addict
                • Mar 2007
                • 8612

                Originally posted by AK4me
                I would love to have a vault.
                My girlfriends all for it
                we both figure its cheaper than buying 3-4 decent safes to hold all that im going to want
                "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

                Comment

                • #9
                  sorensen440
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Mar 2007
                  • 8612

                  Originally posted by reggie 00
                  Where have you guys found the door pockets?

                  I looked around a couple places and i didnt see to much.

                  I went out and got a wire shelf that attaches to the bottom of the shelf that is in my safe.



                  Works pretty good and doesnt seem to interfere with the long guns in the bottom section.
                  "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    maxicon
                    Veteran Member
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 4661

                    I keep mine in zipper cases. It's very good protection, and I can keep my mags, loaders, and other accessories with each gun, so I just grab the bags I want when I head to the range. You can stack them vertically or horizontally (or both), depending on your shelf arrangement and bag sizes. This allows me to fit quite a few in there at once.

                    The only problem is if you have a number of bags alike - it's not easy to see which is which unless you have a tag on each. I'm working on that now, but haven't found a tag system I like yet.
                    sigpic
                    NRA Life Member

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      tpuig
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 2163

                      I wipe 'em down after handling and use the silicone impregnated Bore-Store soft cases on all my firearms. No problems in over 20 years.

                      I recently got a bit more organized, and bought a number of these.
                      Cheaper Than Dirt! is America's Ultimate Shooting Sports Discounter, and we live up to that title. Expect bulk ammo deals, discounts, gun care accessories and more


                      The guns are still in the soft cases, but now that they're upright, there's a lot more room in the safe. But I still need a bigger safe... ;-)
                      TP
                      Attached Files
                      NRA LIFE Member

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        reggie 00
                        Member
                        • Jun 2008
                        • 340

                        Thanks,
                        Thats the one place i didnt look.





                        NRA Life Member

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          sorensen440
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Mar 2007
                          • 8612

                          Originally posted by reggie 00
                          Thanks,
                          Thats the one place i didnt look.
                          Anytime
                          I want to add that I dont have one of these and I cant speak for the quaility but so far everything Ive purchased from cabelas ( many thousands) has been top notch stuff
                          "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Silverback
                            Member
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 199

                            Originally posted by tyrist
                            What does everyone use to store their handguns in their safe? I need some way to organize these things there are so many I just have them laying all over the safe.
                            I purchased plastic hooks, available at any hardware store, and attached them to the panel on the door of my safe. They are attached via two cap screws with nuts. They are not coming off. Stagger them correctly and the door will hold a lot of handguns depending on the size of your safe.

                            If you are afraid they might jump off during an earthquake or something you can easily make straps to hold them on.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              sorensen440
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Mar 2007
                              • 8612

                              Originally posted by Dharris
                              I purchased plastic hooks, available at any hardware store, and attached them to the panel on the door of my safe. They are attached via two cap screws with nuts. They are not coming off. Stagger them correctly and the door will hold a lot of handguns depending on the size of your safe.

                              If you are afraid they might jump off during an earthquake or something you can easily make straps to hold them on.
                              I like the plastic hook idea
                              could really customize it and get more to fit on the door
                              "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1