Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Kydex Sheet - cheek riser

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ExtremeX
    Calguns Addict
    • Sep 2010
    • 7160

    Kydex Sheet - cheek riser

    Has anyone ever tried making a cheek riser or anything like that from a Kydex sheet?

    I have a 10/22 that needs a budget adjustable cheek peice and I thought of using Kydex for it, but I've never used the material.

    Is this a viable option?

    Does anyone have any scrap pieces of Kydex from any projects in the San Diego area I might be able to have or buy to check out the material?
    ExtremeX
  • #2
    SilentPea
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 528

    Plenty of people have done it. You'll want a thicker piece of kydex because it has to be self supporting (generally two bolts through the stock to attach and that is it)

    This is a common way to do it:


    If you have a heat gun/pencil torch/old toaster oven, I'd just order a sheet of the .093 or .125 thick black kydex off of Amazon (remember to shop42a.com) and give it a try. The should be about 15-20 bucks of parts if you only buy enough to make one. If you want to try your hand at sheath making and stuff, you can buy 8-packs of the kydex and the price gets cut in half.

    Last option is to pay someone else to build the riser for you: Universal Cheek Rest @ JoeBobOutfitters

    Comment

    • #3
      ExtremeX
      Calguns Addict
      • Sep 2010
      • 7160

      Excellent, thanks for the detail on the thickness, I was seeing a lot of .06 or .08 so ill search for the thicker stuff.

      Seems like a simple enough project.
      ExtremeX

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1