Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

chronograph

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 762cavalier
    NRA Training Counselor
    CGN Contributor
    • Oct 2005
    • 3626

    chronograph

    I was looking at the Chrony F1 for just a basic chronograph. I really just need one to get the velocity as I can do the math to get the rest of the info. Any input on this chony good or bad would be appreciated. I don't have a lot of funds but am putting in an order to midway.
    In any type of fight, & especially gun fights, there are no winners ..... just varying degrees of losers. The only fight you win is the one you never get into.

    sigpic
    NRA Certified Instructor
    Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety,Muzzleloading, Personal Protection Series, Chief Range Safety Officer, Refuse to be a victim Regional counselor
  • #2
    PistolPete75
    Calguns Addict
    • Jan 2007
    • 5230

    i heard good things about it, and had a chance to shoot through one of these before.

    Comment

    • #3
      Technical Ted
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Oct 2005
      • 12169

      With Shooting Chrony products you have an upgrade path to higher end models.
      Originally posted by ChrisTKHarris
      That is one of the most idiotic statements I've heard. You are a retard.

      Comment

      • #4
        Wulf
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2005
        • 1311

        I have an F1. Actually its a Reconditioned F1.

        It does the job. Its reasonably un-finicky about lighting conditions. Sometimes, in a string of say 10 or 15 shots, you'll get several multiples of the same reading. More that you think you should just by chance. This leads me to believe that the last digit is probably more of an approximation than anything (probably a result of the relatively short distance between the screens on the chrony products). But its certainly close enough for all but the most precise rifle reloading and back side of the drop table marksmanship.

        Comment

        • #5
          LCAZES
          Member
          • Mar 2003
          • 178

          After owning Shooting Chrony masters for two years, I sold them off and bought a better unit, the CED. I went through 2 of the chrony's and both were pretty finicky in bright sunlight even when using the shades. I was never very confident in the readings from either. The CED is much more forgiving and consistent. My advice is to buy the best you can afford and not try to economise on a measuring instrument like a chronograph. By the way, the last digit is ALWAYS an approximation......

          Comment

          • #6
            PLINK
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2006
            • 1773

            I have an F1. I used it today for the first time and it did the job. I am happy with it.

            Comment

            • #7
              Jack Boyd
              Member
              • Mar 2007
              • 101

              Chronograph for sale

              FOR SALE: $225

              C.E.D. Millennium Chronograph
              Model MCO15 (new in box)

              Includes:
              Infra-red screen set
              Table mount
              NIMH battery
              Carry case

              Link to manufacturers info:


              Contact: Jack Boyd (Los Angeles area)
              Jack Boyd

              Comment

              • #8
                PistolPete75
                Calguns Addict
                • Jan 2007
                • 5230

                Originally posted by Jack Boyd
                FOR SALE: $225

                C.E.D. Millennium Chronograph
                Model MCO15 (new in box)

                Includes:
                Infra-red screen set
                Table mount
                NIMH battery
                Carry case

                Link to manufacturers info:


                Contact: Jack Boyd (Los Angeles area)
                very nice, but a little expensive for me.

                Comment

                • #9
                  762cavalier
                  NRA Training Counselor
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 3626

                  very nice, but a little expensive for me.
                  Thats where I'm at. if I spend that much on a chrony I won't have enough left to buy powder and bullets to lob through it

                  The F1 is on the way.Hopefully I will get the chance to take it out on sunday and test it but may have to wait.
                  In any type of fight, & especially gun fights, there are no winners ..... just varying degrees of losers. The only fight you win is the one you never get into.

                  sigpic
                  NRA Certified Instructor
                  Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety,Muzzleloading, Personal Protection Series, Chief Range Safety Officer, Refuse to be a victim Regional counselor

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1