Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Discrete Range Bag

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Stumpfenhammer
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2015
    • 1019

    Discrete Range Bag

    I've been through a number of range bags, a great BlackHawk in the late 90's and the last two have been from LaRue and Boyt, both of which tore way too early due to what I would describe as shoddy construction. So this time around I decided I wanted something that was either bomb-proof and discreet or cheap and discreet, as I prefer my neighbors not see me carrying a bag out the door a few times a week that looks like what it is. I also wanted something with full top access to a few compartments and not too big.

    This is what I ended up with: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o05_s00

    So far it's working out perfectly. I can carry 2-4 pistols plus 600 rounds, all the (basic) gear for two pistol shooters, and a small trauma kit, with a little room to spare.

    The zippers look to be the weak point but for $55 delivered it seems like a good value.

    If you've found a (discreet) solution you like, please post it.
    Last edited by Stumpfenhammer; 01-02-2016, 8:11 PM.
    FOR SALE - Orange County
  • #2
    bk23103
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2014
    • 1096

    I played the bass guitar for about a year in high school. I got bored with it and quit but kept the equipment in the garage. I later found the soft case worked well to carry my long guns to and from my car without being noticed by the neighbors. The rangemaster at my old spot used to remark that I'd come by for "band practice."

    Comment

    • #3
      Stanze
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 3301

      That's discreet.

      I picked up an arfcom discreet AR carbine bag. It's lockable and holds enough for range and/or primary and sidearm bug out.

      Constitutionally, officials cannot license or register a fundamental right.

      "It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority." - Benjamin Franklin


      "Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack." -Stanze

      Comment

      • #4
        MXRider
        Banned
        • Feb 2010
        • 2927

        I've got a First Speer Noveske discreet bag. Fits a broken down rifle or SBR easy.

        Made in America Tactical Nylon Gear and Load Carriage Plate Carrier Vests made for military and law enforcement professionals, available to the public..

        Comment

        • #5
          NaClAddict
          Senior Member
          • May 2009
          • 1197

          I just use a carry on duffle bag. I bought it at a gun show for $20 over fifteen years ago. It's built well and has lots of pockets. It's about as unassuming as it gets. OP-hope no one grabs your bag in a medical emergency.

          Comment

          • #6
            sonofeugene
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2013
            • 4681

            I bought this from Amazon:



            I removed the pull tag and removed the label on the side. What I really like is that all the exterior zippers are the high quality kind that allow the use of a luggage lock. So far I'm very impressed with it and the price is right. I've not seen any other bag with all this one's features. And I've looked at all of them.
            Let us not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless when facing them. - Rabindranath Tagore

            A mind all logic is like a knife all blade. It makes the hand bleed that uses it. - Rabindranath Tagore

            Talent hits a target no one else can hit. Genius hits a target no one else can see. - Arthur Schopenhaur

            Comment

            • #7
              King of the 109ers
              Member
              • Sep 2015
              • 335

              only prob I see with guitar case is "kids" will steal guitars when they would normally not be stealing stuff, just because.

              maybe its because they considering it only sorta borrowing or something, or that the theft is merely mischief, not real crime.

              Oh, that and you might have cops nosing around looking for drugs and finding guns.

              Comment

              • #8
                Merc1138
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Feb 2009
                • 19742

                Originally posted by King of the 109ers
                only prob I see with guitar case is "kids" will steal guitars when they would normally not be stealing stuff, just because.

                maybe its because they considering it only sorta borrowing or something, or that the theft is merely mischief, not real crime.

                Oh, that and you might have cops nosing around looking for drugs and finding guns.
                Not everyone is concerned with gun cases being a theft target(since it's not hard to imagine that anything which needs a case might be valuable), rather they don't necessarily want their liberal douchebag neighbors knowing that they're loading up for a trip to the range.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Stumpfenhammer
                  Senior Member
                  • Dec 2015
                  • 1019

                  Originally posted by MXRider
                  I've got a First Speer Noveske discreet bag. Fits a broken down rifle or SBR easy.

                  http://www.first-spear.com/product.php?productid=17613
                  That looks good. January 4th is a sad day every year now, may he rest in peace.

                  I've got this, a little big for casual range use, but nice if you are out for a while: http://leaf.arcteryx.com/product.asp...=Khard-60-Pack

                  Definitely bombproof.
                  FOR SALE - Orange County

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    MXRider
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 2927

                    Originally posted by Stumpfenhammer
                    That looks good. January 4th is a sad day every year now, may he rest in peace.

                    I've got this, a little big for casual range use, but nice if you are out for a while: http://leaf.arcteryx.com/product.asp...=Khard-60-Pack

                    Definitely bombproof.
                    Jan 4th is actually my birthday and that was my gift last year from my dad. Kinda weird.

                    The bag is awesome though. I can fit a rifle and pistol, mags, ammo, eyes and ears, etc. and it looks like a normal hiking backpack.
                    Last edited by MXRider; 01-02-2016, 8:13 PM.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Stumpfenhammer
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2015
                      • 1019

                      Originally posted by MXRider
                      Jan 4th is actually my birthday and that was my gift last year from my dad. Kinda weird.

                      The bag is awesome though. I can fit a rifle and pistol, mags, ammo, eyes and ears, etc. and it looks like a normal hiking backpack.
                      Happy Birthday! Major "cool dad" points for your father.
                      FOR SALE - Orange County

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        machrono
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2012
                        • 637

                        some of the suggested bags above are $300-$500 and not as discreet or functional as this one that's $69.95 and will hold two full-length assembled rifles as a backpack:

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1