Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

CMP price increases have gone into effect

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • shatter
    Member
    • Apr 2013
    • 142

    CMP price increases have gone into effect

    Looks like ~$5 price increase on Garands which is nothing but the bigger increase is on ammo.



    .30-06 M2 Ball Greek HXP 200 RDS LOOSE IN .30 CAL CAN was $118 and is now $136 though the shipping cost didn't change. Ends up being a 15% price increase.



    **edit** Supposedly the shipping on ammo is supposed to be free and it is just an error on the website. That would make the effective price increase less.
    Last edited by shatter; 01-06-2015, 6:57 PM. Reason: Added info on ammo shipping cost possible error
  • #2
    steelrain82
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2009
    • 3683

    The price for that .303 is ridiculous!

    Comment

    • #3
      2meterB
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2013
      • 1728

      $5 that's it? I guess I need an IHC and an WRA now...

      Comment

      • #4
        Eljay
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 4985

        Originally posted by steelrain82
        The price for that .303 is ridiculous!
        The Hornady match grade rounds? It's a specialty item...

        Comment

        • #5
          steelrain82
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2009
          • 3683

          I know, but I think it's still outlandish. I hate .303 prices because many places charge that price for general ammo.

          Comment

          • #6
            Garandimal
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2011
            • 2145

            Originally posted by shatter
            Looks like ~$5 price increase on Garands which is nothing but the bigger increase is on ammo.



            .30-06 M2 Ball Greek HXP 200 RDS LOOSE IN .30 CAL CAN was $118 and is now $136 though the shipping cost didn't change. Ends up being a 15% price increase.



            **edit** Supposedly the shipping on ammo is supposed to be free and it is just an error on the website. That would make the effective price increase less.
            $340/500 rounds of dirty, 50 year old, de-linked bi-metal ammo?

            No, thank you.


            Now, this?

            500 Round Can - 30-06 FMJ 150 grain Prvi Partizan M1 Garand Ammo PP347 - $357.50/500 delivered, copper jacketed, factory fresh and sealed?





            You bet'cha.




            GR
            Last edited by Garandimal; 01-07-2015, 3:40 PM.


            (I think, therefore I am armed.)


            -- Lt. Col. Dave Grossman --

            Comment

            • #7
              BigStiCK
              Veteran Member
              • Aug 2010
              • 3790

              Wow, and I was rushing to get my .308 CMP Special order in before the increase.
              Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.

              ~Pope John Paul II

              Comment

              • #8
                TRICKSTER
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Mar 2008
                • 12438

                Originally posted by Garandimal
                $340/500 rounds of dirty, 50 year old, de-linked bi-metal ammo?

                No, thank you.


                Now, this?

                500 Round Can - 30-06 FMJ 150 grain Prvi Partizan M1 Garand Ammo PP347 - $357.50/500 delivered, copper jacketed, factory fresh and sealed?





                You bet'cha.




                GR
                Yep, I think they may have priced themselves right out of the market.


                Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

                Comment

                • #9
                  Discogodfather
                  CGN Contributor
                  • Feb 2010
                  • 5516

                  +1 on the Prvi, fantastic ammo. Lightly loaded military ball is what the Garand wants and it keeps pressure down for long life.
                  Originally posted by doggie
                  Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
                  Originally posted by PMACA_MFG
                  Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
                  "The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    16in50calNavalRifle
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2009
                    • 544

                    I was going to point out the Prvi option myself, Garandimal. I think SGAmmo's price is similar to AIM's when they have it in stock (two of the cheapest online ammo sources, in my experience, which is getting dusty as I reload now for almost everything ....).

                    CMP's Orest guesstimated early last year that the HXP would last about "2 more years" at then-rates of sales (this was during height of latest panic, and backlog was months long). So CMP can probably move the HXP at the new prices and achieve their goal, which is funding their programs.

                    I'm happy to see Prvi enter the market and hope that other manufacturers will come out with bulk, not too unreasonably priced M1 ammo as the HXP runs out.

                    I plan to reload this caliber too, but will still need brass. My favorite method of brass acquisition is to find it in ammo cans or cardboard boxes, load it in an en bloc, load the en bloc in one of my HRAs, then shoot it ... and retrieve the brass. Seems like a cumbersome method but it works for me!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Orlando
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2010
                      • 1827

                      Originally posted by TRICKSTER
                      Yep, I think they may have priced themselves right out of the market.
                      People would buy a steaming pile of dog crap as long as it came with CMP packaging

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Discogodfather
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 5516

                        Originally posted by Orlando
                        People would buy a steaming pile of dog crap as long as it came with CMP packaging
                        That's what HXP is essentially.
                        Originally posted by doggie
                        Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
                        Originally posted by PMACA_MFG
                        Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
                        "The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          2meterB
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2013
                          • 1728

                          Originally posted by Discogodfather
                          That's what HXP is essentially.
                          What's wrong with HXP?

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Syntax Error
                            Veteran Member
                            • Nov 2009
                            • 3817

                            I like Prvi ammo, especially their brass for my reloads!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              teetsjones
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                              • Apr 2013
                              • 1374

                              Originally posted by 2meterB
                              What's wrong with HXP?
                              Not a damned thing. Well other than the price now. Two price increases over the last year, from 98.00 to 118.00 and this latest increase. I'll be looking at the Prvi from now on.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1