Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Cad Technik Scope Mount

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dfletcher
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Dec 2006
    • 14811

    Cad Technik Scope Mount

    Has anyone used this on a No 4 or No 5? With the #4 & #5 so cheap I'm considering buying one just for the heck of it and to use the mount.



    I have an Ishapore, why exactly will this thing not fit on it - left side of receiver on #4 & #5 is flat, Ishy is not? Safety looks the same, each uses the screw through the receiver wall as an ejector.
    Last edited by dfletcher; 09-09-2008, 3:04 PM.
    GOA Member & SAF Life Member
  • #2
    Pthfndr
    In Memoriam
    • Oct 2005
    • 3691

    I had one (recently sold it) that I used on a No4. Works well as long you don't try to put too long a scope on it.
    Rob Thomas - Match Director NCPPRC Tactical Long Range Match

    Match Director Sac Valley Vintage Military Rifle Long Range Match

    Comment

    • #3
      bobfried
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2005
      • 1448

      It doesn't work because the dimensions are different. You are forgetting that the normal Enfield's uses a rimmed cartridge whilst the 2A uses a non-rimmed round. The dimensions are therefore quite a bit different. But than again this mount might just work if you use a longer screw, sorta have to buy it and try it. Like all things Enfield related these things are a hit and miss.

      I'd also like to know where you are able to buy No.5's for cheap, I've got one and would love to add another one in decent shape for less than $500.

      Comment

      • #4
        dfletcher
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Dec 2006
        • 14811

        Originally posted by bobfried
        It doesn't work because the dimensions are different. You are forgetting that the normal Enfield's uses a rimmed cartridge whilst the 2A uses a non-rimmed round. The dimensions are therefore quite a bit different. But than again this mount might just work if you use a longer screw, sorta have to buy it and try it. Like all things Enfield related these things are a hit and miss.

        I'd also like to know where you are able to buy No.5's for cheap, I've got one and would love to add another one in decent shape for less than $500.
        Thanks for the info. Guess I should have wrote that the 4s are cheap, but the 5s not so much anymore.
        GOA Member & SAF Life Member

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1