Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Hex Mosins at Big 5

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • LONGRANGER777
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2013
    • 581

    Hex Mosins at Big 5

    Just bought a 1933 hex tula laminate at Merced Big 5. $189.99 plus xxx. It appears unissued with perfect blueing , perfect bore and unblemished lam stock. My first hex and laminate all in one !!! They have a '32 i may have to go back for tomorrow. These were listed at 209.99 but always ask the manager about online specials. Saved me $30 plus tax! Man i LUV mosins!
  • #2
    Gavelek
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 1275

    great buy, did you get all the goodies?
    wait till they start posting how much they paid for it 10 years ago

    Comment

    • #3
      LONGRANGER777
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2013
      • 581

      I have a few Izzys and a Finn i paid at most $90 apiece out the door back in late 80s. The hex only came with bayo. But thats ok because two tula m.o.'s i bought last year had double extras in the boxes!!

      Comment

      • #4
        NOTABIKER
        Calguns Addict
        • Mar 2012
        • 7635

        great find, that is a fair price for a rifle you got to look at before you bought it.
        you do not see much posting from on line buyers that got a POS they did not see it first.

        Comment

        • #5
          Gavelek
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2012
          • 1275

          tula is a great find, I have one and it is a great shooter, my hex is on the wall,
          I was schooled on tulas by Bobby

          Comment

          • #6
            LONGRANGER777
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2013
            • 581

            Most of my unissued milsurps have come from Big5 over the years. Helps to be buds with the manager!! Pics after i degoo..the grease is deep on this one.

            Comment

            • #7
              watt79
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2012
              • 557

              I'm not sure you can really call any Mosin "unissued". More like unissued since last refurbishment.

              Comment

              • #8
                Fishslayer
                In Memoriam
                • Jan 2010
                • 13035

                Originally posted by Gavelek
                great buy, did you get all the goodies?
                wait till they start posting how much they paid for it 10 years ago
                "What a ripoff! I got mine for $20 in '88 blah blah blah..."

                I certainly wouldn't pass up a hex Tula laminate at $189 these days...
                "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
                You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
                You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


                Originally Posted by JackRydden224
                I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
                Originally posted by redcliff
                A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

                Comment

                • #9
                  mosinnagantm9130
                  Calguns Addict
                  • May 2009
                  • 8783

                  Originally posted by watt79
                  I'm not sure you can really call any Mosin "unissued". More like unissued since last refurbishment.
                  This^^

                  Congrats on the new rifle though.
                  Originally posted by GoodEyeSniper
                  My neighbors think I'm a construction worker named Bruce.

                  Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
                  Originally posted by ChopperX
                  I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
                  Originally posted by Jeff L
                  Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Discogodfather
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 5516

                    Uniussed but highly and many a time refurbed.
                    Originally posted by doggie
                    Someone must put an end to this endless bickering by posting the unadulterated indisputable facts and truth.
                    Originally posted by PMACA_MFG
                    Not checkers, not chess, its Jenga.
                    "The California matrix of gun control laws is among the harshest in the nation and are filled with criminal law traps for people of common intelligence who desire to obey the law." - U.S. District Judge Roger T. Benitez

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Chaos47
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 6615

                      A hex lamanite by definition does not have its original stock as the production of each of those options do not overlap. Stock is probably from post war refurbishment.

                      Nothing really wrong with that, congrats anyways!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        johnthomas
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 7001

                        Originally posted by watt79
                        I'm not sure you can really call any Mosin "unissued". More like unissued since last refurbishment.
                        Thank you. They didn't have laminated stocks back then. OP, good for you, I have a 1928 hex, It shoots great.

                        สล็อตเว็บตรง API แท้ 100% แตกง่าย เล่นได้ทุกค่าย ไม่ผ่านเอเย่นต์ ฝากถอนออโต้ รองรับทุกระบบ เว็บสล็อตมาตรฐาน เล่นง่าย โบนัสเพียบ
                        Last edited by johnthomas; 06-04-2014, 3:34 AM.
                        I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Chameleon Loco
                          Senior Member
                          • Apr 2012
                          • 2187

                          Nice I picked up a 34 izhevsk for the same price at my local big 5 also a little while ago. I think that's a good price for a laminate hex that comes with all the goodies.
                          Want to Buy: Ruger PC9 Magazine Buttstock Pouch

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            19K
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 2013
                            • 3621

                            Not even 10 years ago. Back in about 2006-7 these were 69.99. I think I picked one up from there with coupons and sale for like 109.99 last year.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Bobby Ricigliano
                              Mit Gott und Mauser
                              CGN Contributor
                              • Feb 2011
                              • 17439

                              The people who bought them for $40 always fail to mention that they flipped them for $60 and felt like Donald Trump after the deal.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1