Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Goex ff

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ssarras
    Junior Member
    • Oct 2011
    • 7

    Goex ff

    Does anyone know where to purchase Goex ff without having to buy 5 lbs. of the stuff? It's a big pain just trying to find a few pounds and avoiding all the hazmat and shipping fees.
  • #2
    Tom-ADC
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2010
    • 3614

    Where you at?
    US Navy Retired, NRA Lifetime member. Member CRPA

    Comment

    • #3
      Divernhunter
      Calguns Addict
      • May 2010
      • 8753

      Ca only allows you to have 1 pound of black powder.
      I would not spread the word that you have more if you do.
      A 30cal will reach out and touch them. A 50cal will kick their butt.
      NRA Life Member, NRA certified RSO & Basic Pistol Instructor, Hunter, shooter, reloader
      SCI, Manteca Sportsmen Club, Coalinga Rifle Club, Escalon Sportsmans Club, Waterford Sportsman Club & NAHA Member, Madison Society member

      Comment

      • #4
        ssarras
        Junior Member
        • Oct 2011
        • 7

        Goex search...

        Originally posted by Tom-ADC
        Where you at?
        Manteca, CA

        Comment

        • #5
          ssarras
          Junior Member
          • Oct 2011
          • 7

          Goex search...

          Manteca, CA

          Comment

          • #6
            Tom-ADC
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2010
            • 3614

            Sorry to far north & I can't ship it.
            US Navy Retired, NRA Lifetime member. Member CRPA

            Comment

            • #7
              Springfield45
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2008
              • 2426

              Originally posted by Divernhunter
              Ca only allows you to have 1 pound of black powder.
              I would not spread the word that you have more if you do.
              This is BS.

              Comment

              • #8
                ssarras
                Junior Member
                • Oct 2011
                • 7

                Ok...no problem...

                Comment

                • #9
                  ssarras
                  Junior Member
                  • Oct 2011
                  • 7

                  Originally posted by Springfield45
                  This is BS.
                  Yeah.. I know...Thanx...

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ssarras
                    Junior Member
                    • Oct 2011
                    • 7

                    Originally posted by Tom-ADC
                    Sorry to far north & I can't ship it.
                    Bass Pro advertises Goex on their website; however, I have never seen it in the Manteca store. They like to push Pyrodex and Hodgdon.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Tom-ADC
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 3614

                      I buy for Powder Inc the price you see includes hazmat fees. First time you buy you have to fax or send in a copy of your drivers license to show you are over 21. They are good people to deal with.

                      US Navy Retired, NRA Lifetime member. Member CRPA

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        arnie19
                        Member
                        • Dec 2011
                        • 367

                        ssarras. Check your PM.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Eljay
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 4985

                          Originally posted by Tom-ADC
                          I buy for Powder Inc the price you see includes hazmat fees. First time you buy you have to fax or send in a copy of your drivers license to show you are over 21. They are good people to deal with.

                          http://www.powderinc.com/
                          And they have a 5 pound minimum when his whole question was how to buy less than that.

                          There are a couple of answers I know of for somebody in Manteca. One is to drive out to Jamestown which is only about an hour. http://www.bbarytraders.com/guns-n-s...tore/index.php

                          I'm out that way occasionally and they're nice folks.

                          The other is to buy from Grafs.com who will sell you one pound. You'll pay hazmat but they'll combine with smokeless powder or primers or percussion caps,you may be able to just tack the black powder onto another hazmat order. That's what I was doing back when they regularly had smokeless powder in stock but these days it's more complicated.

                          The third is to try to piggyback onto a group buy. You have to be careful with the logistics of that so you're not reselling without a license but people manage it. Contact the people at the manteca black powder group and see if they're setting something up. For that matter I think they do a rendezvous every January, don't know if they sell black powder there but you could at least meet some people.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1