Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

C&R and Midway

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • arnie19
    Member
    • Dec 2011
    • 367

    C&R and Midway

    If you use a C&R at Midway , you cant buy items that are on sale at the sale price .Arnie
  • #2
    MaHoTex
    Calguns Addict
    • Jul 2010
    • 5002

    That is fine. They changed the policy and will be doing away with C&R benefits after 2013 anyway.
    NRA Life Member

    sigpic

    Mr. President, I can't take any more winning! Make it stop Mr. President. The winning is YUGGEEEE!

    "If you've got a problem with the US, you better make sure it's not a military problem." SSgt Leslie Edwards

    Comment

    • #3
      Flyin Brian
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      • Oct 2009
      • 3395

      Originally posted by arnie19
      If you use a C&R at Midway , you cant buy items that are on sale at the sale price .Arnie
      You also can't use the "$20 off your purchase of $200" coupons that come out every so often. I used to get pissed about it, then I made a separate account for sale/coupon use. Then I saw the alert recently that they are doing away with the dealer thing and I realized it isn't a big loss anyhow. If you compare the prices they are usually just a few cents difference... occasionally it is a better discount but not much.

      I am now buying mostly from Brownells and Grafs, and the discounts are better.

      Don't get me started on the Midway shipping charges!!
      NRA Life Member - CRPA Life Member - NRA Certified RSO - USN Veteran

      I collect Military Arms and enjoy shooting in local matches. I also collect older Lever Actions, especially those chambered in odd/old cartridges. If you have a nice old Winchester or Marlin in 25-20, 32-40, 38-55, 40-60, 45-70, etc etc, please PM me and we can work out a deal.

      Originally posted by TheExpertdouche
      I wasn't kidding when I said this would all be over by Xmas... Stay tuned for good news next week.

      Comment

      • #4
        arnie19
        Member
        • Dec 2011
        • 367

        Midway shipping charges,Midway shipping charges,Midway shipping charges, Ha

        Comment

        • #5
          AlaskaGuy
          Member
          • Mar 2013
          • 221

          FYI... Just got this email from Midway ->

          Dear AlaskaGuy,

          Thank you for your recent correspondence concerning our Dealer Program. I have updated your account with the information but, your account will remain at Retail status. Effective January 1, 2014 we will be discontinuing the Dealer program and inviting our Customers to become retail Customers.

          While it may not sound like that is a positive change, it really is. As time has passed, the separation between dealer and retail pricing has narrowed to the point where the prices are predominantly the same. Dealer Customers are excluded from taking advantage of promotional codes and the Free Shipping available on thousands of products. These restrictions are not in place for retail Customers, which frequently makes overall costs for retail Customers lower than those for dealer Customers.

          Many of our previous dealer Customers have already recognized the benefits of becoming retail Customers and have made the switch. We're confident you will be pleased with this change as well. You will no longer need to update your FFL on file, and if you are tax exempt, we will continue to honor that status.

          Please know that everything we do is intended to be in the very best interest of our Customers, and that we really appreciate your business. If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-243-3220. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CT. You may also email us at customerservice@midwayusa.com.

          Thanks for Your Business!

          Zach
          MidwayUSA Customer Service
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            BruinGuy
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2011
            • 1456

            I had to use my wife's account to order things on "black friday" when they were running the $20 off $100 promotion because of the silly "FFL" account. I don't think it ever really saved me anything.
            Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
            Keep in mind that you don't have a clue.

            Comment

            • #7
              gun toting monkeyboy
              Calguns Addict
              • Aug 2008
              • 6820

              It used to save me about 10-20%. But the last few years, they have been raising their "dealer" prices. It isn't really worth saving 1%-ish on orders, and not getting any of the other deals anymore. They have been planning this for some time. All I can say is that I am hitting Brownell's a lot more lately, as Midway's prices have continued to creep ever higher.

              -Mb
              Originally posted by aplinker
              It's OK not to post when you have no clue what you're talking about.

              Comment

              • #8
                arnie19
                Member
                • Dec 2011
                • 367

                I got a call recently from Graf's as to what account I wanted to use ,turns out I used my retail account and my dealer account would save me 40 dollars . They were nice enough to call me and save me some money. Arnie

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1