Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

collectors exchange ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • NOTABIKER
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2012
    • 7635

    collectors exchange ?

    so i put mosins in the collectors exchange and nothing happens. i put them in the WTS long guns section and bingo they sell right away. i like it the way it is but i think if you want to reach new buyers the other section works better.
    i think the collectors exchanger is more for us C&R guys selling to each other which i guess is what it was set up to do. no matter what thanks calguns for a great WTS section.
  • #2
    SandDiegoDuner
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 526

    A mod should put a sticky link at the top stating something along the lines of, C&R and antique firearms are listed for sale in collectors exchange under the C&R rifles thread. Click here to be linked....

    People probably aren't used to the new layout yet. I really like how they divided things up.

    Comment

    • #3
      Paltik
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2011
      • 746

      The collectors' exchange might get more action if it was in the Marketplace forum instead of this C&R one.

      Comment

      • #4
        Eddie1965
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2009
        • 1465

        ^ I agree.
        When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
        For Their Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

        Comment

        • #5
          yatzee982
          Member
          • Aug 2012
          • 374

          No one says you can't post in both ?? Or post in the Market Place: Long Guns section and link it to the Collectors Exchange ... easy peasy lemon squeezy as my 9 yr old says
          Thank you for your donation to The Calguns Foundation!

          Comment

          • #6
            knucklehead0202
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 2008
            • 4087

            not necessarily the marketplace, but just above or below the c&r section would make sense.

            Comment

            • #7
              Spyder
              CGN Contributor
              • Mar 2008
              • 17273

              Originally posted by SandDiegoDuner
              A mod should put a sticky link at the top stating something along the lines of...
              Sticky's suck, because they don't self-regenerate to the top of a list. For me, at least, the way I search the forum, I don't see anything in Stickys as worth looking at because it's not new info. Top of the stack in bold = new info. Stickys = something I've already seen and I can reference easily if I need to, but nothing new.

              Originally posted by yatzee982
              No one says you can't post in both ??...
              I don't think things should be posted in multiple places.

              Originally posted by Paltik
              The collectors' exchange might get more action if it was in the Marketplace forum instead of this C&R one.
              I do think that the Collectors Exchange should be in the Marketplace, and not just in the C&R subforum.

              All of that aside, Thanks Kestryll and Mods for working on this stuff and trying to please everyone...since THAT will never happen!

              Comment

              • #8
                bruceflinch
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jan 2006
                • 40155

                There has been lots of cross post links in the Collector Exchange.

                But Maybe the Collector Exchange was just full of guys thinking; "notabiker is a gouger" !
                Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

                I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

                Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

                Secret Club Member?.

                Comment

                • #9
                  mj1
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2006
                  • 3318

                  What did you expect with a clubhouse social arena? Plus the flippant and sarcastic replies.

                  WTS 1964 mess kit $400 will not ship!

                  WTS As new M47 Madsen 3006 w/bayonet.
                  WTS NIB Mosin 91/59
                  I will deliver or ship, details to be arranged with buyer.
                  The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    NOTABIKER
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Mar 2012
                    • 7635

                    man calguns market place has been good to me, every time i need quick cash for another gun the market place comes threw for me.mosins,mausers,SKSs M1A even a 1946 Remington western rim fire 22 rifle.just sold 2 91-30s this week. M1 Carbine coming up.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      NOTABIKER
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Mar 2012
                      • 7635

                      Originally posted by bruceflinch
                      There has been lots of cross post links in the Collector Exchange.

                      But Maybe the Collector Exchange was just full of guys thinking; "notabiker is a gouger" !
                      the collector Exchange is full of savvy cheap skates. if they cant steel it they are not interested
                      on the other hand the WTS long gun section is full of new buyers eager to lay down their money for a new toy.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        bruceflinch
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 40155

                        Originally posted by NOTABIKER
                        the collector Exchange is full of savvy cheap skates. if they cant steal it they are not interested
                        on the other hand the WTS long gun section is full of new buyers eager to lay down their money for a new toy.
                        QFT!
                        Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

                        I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

                        Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

                        Secret Club Member?.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          6mmintl
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 2008
                          • 4822

                          The Collectors exchange forum is for the informed, the for sale rifle section is for the uninformed.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1