Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Pre-war Hex Tula Mosin

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bobby Ricigliano
    Mit Gott und Mauser
    CGN Contributor
    • Feb 2011
    • 17439

    Pre-war Hex Tula Mosin

    I picked this rifle up today from a fellow Calgunner. I have several 'shooter grade' Mosins (and shoot them often) but I wanted something a little less common and a bit more collectable. This rifle filled the bill nicely on my budget:

    1934 Tula Hex M91/30, all matching, no lineouts or EP, and no stock repairs or counterbore. Bore looks great too. Boys this one is a keeper! Just wanted to share the good fortune with the C&R crowd, as we all love pictures!
    Last edited by Bobby Ricigliano; 07-08-2013, 1:11 AM.
  • #2
    UberPatriot
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 2069

    That thing would look great in an Archangel Mosin stock.
    Location: Olympic Peninsula Washington

    NRA Member

    Comment

    • #3
      jigenax
      Senior Member
      • Jun 2010
      • 1107

      Sweet! She sure is a keeper.
      USMC 1985-93 0331/32 & 0341
      NRA Endowment Life Member
      CRPA & SASS Life Member

      Resident CCW: Enhanced ID
      Non Resident CCW: AZ, FL, NV, OR, & UT

      Comment

      • #4
        Bobby Ricigliano
        Mit Gott und Mauser
        CGN Contributor
        • Feb 2011
        • 17439

        Originally posted by UberPatriot
        That thing would look great in an Archangel Mosin stock.
        I wouldn't drop a Mosin into one of those Bubba stocks even if it was given to me for free. Old wood and steel are the essence of C&R guns.

        Bubba don't come 'round here.

        Comment

        • #5
          Wee Gussie
          Member
          • Feb 2013
          • 179

          You bast ... I mean, congrats on your new acquisition!

          How soon till you shoot it?

          I have a hex from 1930 that I have yet to put any downrange, but within the next week, I hope to change that.
          Reports from yours will be welcomed by fellas like me ...

          Cheers!
          Wtb: Lee-Enfield .22lr Trainer, Mk V ~ Jungle Carbine or an Ishapore L2A1

          I'm a Scot. We wear kilts and like curvy gingers that make a right meat-pie.


          Comment

          • #6
            Bobby Ricigliano
            Mit Gott und Mauser
            CGN Contributor
            • Feb 2011
            • 17439

            Originally posted by Wee Gussie
            You bast ... I mean, congrats on your new acquisition!

            How soon till you shoot it?

            I have a hex from 1930 that I have yet to put any downrange, but within the next week, I hope to change that.
            Reports from yours will be welcomed by fellas like me ...

            Cheers!
            I guess I'll get flamed, but I probably won't shoot it ever. I have a M44 and 1942 Ishevsk that are my shooters. I think this one will be more of a collector. I never used to buy guns for any reason other than just to shoot them, but the C&R bug bit me hard, so this makes Mosin #10 and the above two are the only ones I shoot

            Comment

            • #7
              UberPatriot
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2012
              • 2069

              I'm kidding.
              That is a beautiful rifle!
              Location: Olympic Peninsula Washington

              NRA Member

              Comment

              • #8
                Wee Gussie
                Member
                • Feb 2013
                • 179

                Nah ... if you don't shoot it ... good on you.

                I like pretty Russian girls and can't help but umh, take a few shots ... you have a lot more willpower than I do ... that's to be commended, naught harangued.

                Besides, it's good gun porn ... makes the wife wonder why there is gun oil and tissue near the computer ...
                Wtb: Lee-Enfield .22lr Trainer, Mk V ~ Jungle Carbine or an Ishapore L2A1

                I'm a Scot. We wear kilts and like curvy gingers that make a right meat-pie.


                Comment

                • #9
                  Emdawg
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2012
                  • 4292

                  Cool rifle. Stock looks great.
                  *sniff* *sniff* Commies...

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    BruinGuy
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2011
                    • 1456

                    Congrats on yet another fine acquisition Bobby. i am jealous of the rate at which your collection grows!

                    question, though: is the stock coated in polyurethane, or just polished?
                    Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
                    Keep in mind that you don't have a clue.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      760knox
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2010
                      • 1395

                      Do you have any for sale? I've been looking but not too hard. +1 nice looking one you picked up
                      YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSS...ms0ymGBQt_Jtdw

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        NOTABIKER
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Mar 2012
                        • 7635

                        the only way i was going to stop picking up every stray 91-30 i could find was to get something a little special. i am a shooter not a collector. found a real nice 1934 tula. the wood finish was almost perfect, the bluing and bore were good and no counter bore. with this addition i no longer feel the need to keep buying 91-30s. i prefer m-44s for shooting.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Bobby Ricigliano
                          Mit Gott und Mauser
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Feb 2011
                          • 17439

                          Originally posted by BruinGuy
                          Congrats on yet another fine acquisition Bobby. i am jealous of the rate at which your collection grows!

                          question, though: is the stock coated in polyurethane, or just polished?
                          The stock appears to have the original arsenal finish, the seller just did a really great job of cleaning it up. It hasn't been refinished.

                          Thanks to all for the positive comments as well. We love our Mosins!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Eljay
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 4985

                            It's good for the barrel to shoot it, the heat can get some old crud out.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              yatzee982
                              Member
                              • Aug 2012
                              • 374

                              Beautiful rifle Bobby, glad you enjoy it.


                              Originally posted by Eljay
                              It's good for the barrel to shoot it, the heat can get some old crud out.
                              Eljay there is no crud in the barrel.... It's beyond clean.
                              Thank you for your donation to The Calguns Foundation!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1