Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Hakim magazine

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RailroadGunner
    Member
    • Dec 2012
    • 348

    Hakim magazine

    Help me out with a little history question, does anyone know anything about this magazine, like when they first started being manufactured? It's a Hakim factory mag marked: Federal Firearms Inc. St. Paul MN.
  • #2
    TRAP55
    Calguns Addict
    • Jul 2008
    • 5536

    I'm not aware of any mag over 10rnds that was issued for the Hakim. The 25rnd MG-13 mag is a near drop in fit, I suspect that mag was originally for something else as well, or some kind of aftermarket. One like it on GB Auctons:


    Here's the MG-13 mag alongside the factory 10rnd

    Comment

    • #3
      SVT-40
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2008
      • 12907

      Originally posted by RailroadGunner
      Help me out with a little history question, does anyone know anything about this magazine, like when they first started being manufactured? It's a Hakim factory mag marked: Federal Firearms Inc. St. Paul MN.
      It's not a "Hakim factory" magazine... It came from some "factory" but not the Egyptian military....

      It's just a repro high cap mag made by Federal Firearms Inc.

      Check out this link to THR.
      Poke'm with a stick!


      Originally posted by fiddletown
      What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

      Comment

      • #4
        KenG
        Member
        • May 2008
        • 171

        I believe they were made in the early to mid 80's. I have two of them myself for my Hakim. My understanding is they work in both the Hakim and Ljungman rifles.
        KG

        Comment

        • #5
          RailroadGunner
          Member
          • Dec 2012
          • 348

          Originally posted by KenG
          I believe they were made in the early to mid 80's. I have two of them myself for my Hakim. My understanding is they work in both the Hakim and Ljungman rifles.
          KG
          Thanks KG, I bought my Hakim in 1998 at the Pomona Gun Show and it came with a factory 10 rd and the aftermarket 30rd magazine in question ($300!).

          I never could find any info on it as well as what eventually happend to Federal Firearms. Its a good runner and I'm always on the lookout for rebuild kits and extra parts for my 8mm beast.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1