Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Model 11 question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • smirnus3000
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 696

    Model 11 question

    So i scored a model 11 made in 1943 from a neighbor who wanted to turn it in to the police after her father passed. I took it out today and this thing is SWEET!! My only other shotgun is a mossberg 500. The recoil on the model 11 is next to nothing and is a real joy to shoot. Now it only hold 4+1 and i would like to up the capacity a bit. looking around it seems like some of the 870 mag extension tubes work with a spacer. Has anyone done this?
    America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
    Abraham Lincoln
  • #2
    harmoniums
    Veteran Member
    • May 2008
    • 3488

    Originally posted by smirnus3000
    So i scored a model 11 made in 1943 from a neighbor who wanted to turn it in to the police after her father passed. I took it out today and this thing is SWEET!! My only other shotgun is a mossberg 500. The recoil on the model 11 is next to nothing and is a real joy to shoot. Now it only hold 4+1 and i would like to up the capacity a bit. looking around it seems like some of the 870 mag extension tubes work with a spacer. Has anyone done this?
    I made up a few spacers on my lathe last year, its just a stainless steel ring.
    I'm looking at one right now on my desk.
    PM me your address and I'll mail it to you.
    WTB Irish firearms:
    old SxS shotguns, Enfields (Irish contract or FF marked), RIC marked carbines or revolvers, odd ball flintlocks.

    VZ58 PARTS F/S - I've got everything except magazine parts
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      fal_762x51
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • 2732

      Do you have another spacer you are willing to sell?
      sigpic

      Antelope Valley grown, now State of Jefferson transplant.

      Comment

      • #4
        harmoniums
        Veteran Member
        • May 2008
        • 3488

        Originally posted by fal_762x51
        Do you have another spacer you are willing to sell?
        Sorry bud, that was the last one.
        You can make a quick one from PVC pipe of an appropiate diameter though.
        You just need a ring 1/4 inch or so in length
        WTB Irish firearms:
        old SxS shotguns, Enfields (Irish contract or FF marked), RIC marked carbines or revolvers, odd ball flintlocks.

        VZ58 PARTS F/S - I've got everything except magazine parts
        sigpic

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1