So i traded my ac43 with the frozen cylinder for an ac44 no letter block that functions, well i took it out earlier this evening and test fired it, well as im shooting, the safety just kinda fell out, it didnt shoot back at me, it kind of just rolled off my hand as i was shooting. I have an extra piston and cylinder (late war with drilled holes) and a shooters kit, i was testing it to see how far it would launch its brass, well with out instruction, i was able to get the safety back on using only Split ring plyers (which i bought for my sight hoods and have been a GOD SEND) now my question is how the f do i get that piston off without a table vice so i can get the other ones on?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
G43 guys, i need help!
Collapse
X
-
G43 guys, i need help!
Last edited by grammaton76; 03-29-2013, 10:22 PM.!!WANT TO BUY and looking for shooter/beater/reenacting grade German Waffen proofed handguns from the WWII era. I just want shooters, Im not looking to spend oodles of money, I just want shootable examples to play with!!
!!!Also looking for a shooter/rack grade USGI M1 Carbine (Earlier the date the better)!!!
Wanna help me out? Email me at: mauser3340@gmail.com
sigpicTags: None -
You have to have a vise. I have heard some people have had to soak it in Kroil for a few days to get it off even with a correct wrench. One guy said he soaked it for a few days, it wouldn't budge, so he took it shooting again, cleaned it and soaked it again for a few days before it would finally come off.
Good luck -
Wow.Originally posted by mj1Tried to help you once before and you didn't even reply so good luck.Comment
-
Well mj, im sorry i didnt reply, but i did try your treatment on the first rifle, and the cylinder was on there tight as a tick.!!WANT TO BUY and looking for shooter/beater/reenacting grade German Waffen proofed handguns from the WWII era. I just want shooters, Im not looking to spend oodles of money, I just want shootable examples to play with!!
!!!Also looking for a shooter/rack grade USGI M1 Carbine (Earlier the date the better)!!!
Wanna help me out? Email me at: mauser3340@gmail.com
sigpicComment
-
Yah
i think the vet the owned it shot it once and forgot about it, now that piston is solid to the cylinder
!!WANT TO BUY and looking for shooter/beater/reenacting grade German Waffen proofed handguns from the WWII era. I just want shooters, Im not looking to spend oodles of money, I just want shootable examples to play with!!
!!!Also looking for a shooter/rack grade USGI M1 Carbine (Earlier the date the better)!!!
Wanna help me out? Email me at: mauser3340@gmail.com
sigpicComment
-
Oil the be-goodness out of it. Body shop hot air gun might help too. It took me a week one time to get a gas piston out of the gas block with liquid wrench and a heat gun.
Before anything breaks you might want to talk to the guy who makes the shooters kit he has magic fingers.
Good luck.
..MJ..Last edited by mj1; 03-10-2013, 10:51 AM.WTS As new M47 Madsen 3006 w/bayonet.
WTS NIB Mosin 91/59
I will deliver or ship, details to be arranged with buyer.
The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are.Comment
-
Ive talked to apfeltor, he wants around $400 for everything, and right now i just dont have it!!WANT TO BUY and looking for shooter/beater/reenacting grade German Waffen proofed handguns from the WWII era. I just want shooters, Im not looking to spend oodles of money, I just want shootable examples to play with!!
!!!Also looking for a shooter/rack grade USGI M1 Carbine (Earlier the date the better)!!!
Wanna help me out? Email me at: mauser3340@gmail.com
sigpicComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,213
Posts: 25,145,525
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,513
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 39715 users online. 56 members and 39659 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment