Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Enfield .308 quick question..

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    MrTokarev
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2012
    • 2944

    Originally posted by deadcoyote
    Just a heads up, I still see alot of these for sale on gunbroker, and other classifieds. I gave up after four different sellers refused to ship to CA. Also, I was a little concerned about the mixed bag of internet chatter about how the 2A will only run 7.62 Nato, not .308 win. Maybe some of the smart folks on here can clear that up?
    Here's a good article from surplusrifle.com about the differences and safety concerns involving the two cartridges.

    .308 Win vs 7.62 NATO
    NRA-ILA Lawmaker Contact Tool
    A Fistful of Dollars

    Originally posted by BKinzey
    The chuckleheaded tinfoil-asshatter racist (yes! that's a couple of names and a label!)

    Comment

    • #17
      BrokerB
      Calguns Addict
      • Sep 2010
      • 5448

      I've been shooting both rounds with no issues . It was basically about headspcaing issues . Its a featureless rifle so all those 1 2 round magazines you already owned before the ban are fine to use everyday of the week .

      I also would like a couple extra magazines. 10 rounders are fine for me as i have stripper clips with 5 rounds each of 7.62 Indian nato ...bought for 11cents a round! 1970s production
      Beans and Bullets

      Comment

      • #18
        TMB 1
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2012
        • 7153

        Originally posted by BrokerB
        I've been shooting both rounds with no issues . It was basically about headspcaing issues . Its a featureless rifle so all those 1 2 round magazines you already owned before the ban are fine to use everyday of the week .

        I also would like a couple extra magazines. 10 rounders are fine for me as i have stripper clips with 5 rounds each of 7.62 Indian nato ...bought for 11cents a round! 1970s production
        I also shoot both. If your looking for magazines I think Sarco has them.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #19
          Mustang
          Calguns Addict
          • Aug 2007
          • 5075

          Originally posted by MrTokarev
          I'm just saying that if he already has one from before the ban, and he's not required to tell the police when he got it anyway, he doesn't have a problem.

          People import a lot of magazine parts kits but I would never encourage anyone to break the law by manufacturing a hi-cap magazine with one.
          All that you say is true, but...

          As I understood the OP, he is looking to buy one. He will have to have it shipped to an FFL. If the FFL knows much about these firearms he may know that the magazine is a 12 round magazine. That may be a problem.
          ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

          Comment

          • #20
            MrTokarev
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2012
            • 2944

            Originally posted by Mustang
            All that you say is true, but...

            As I understood the OP, he is looking to buy one. He will have to have it shipped to an FFL. If the FFL knows much about these firearms he may know that the magazine is a 12 round magazine. That may be a problem.
            He could always have it shipped to a dealer in another state, like I do with handguns.

            Pick it up, remove the magazine, disassemble it and bring it home. I see the Ishapore rifles at the Del Mar show though. I wonder if they would really be that hard to find. I've never been interested in one enough to ask about the magazine though, the seller may just be assuming that they are ten like a SMLE.
            NRA-ILA Lawmaker Contact Tool
            A Fistful of Dollars

            Originally posted by BKinzey
            The chuckleheaded tinfoil-asshatter racist (yes! that's a couple of names and a label!)

            Comment

            • #21
              Mustang
              Calguns Addict
              • Aug 2007
              • 5075

              Originally posted by MrTokarev
              He could always have it shipped to a dealer in another state, like I do with handguns.

              Pick it up, remove the magazine, disassemble it and bring it home. I see the Ishapore rifles at the Del Mar show though. I wonder if they would really be that hard to find. I've never been interested in one enough to ask about the magazine though, the seller may just be assuming that they are ten like a SMLE.
              If he has a C&R license, I guess he can do that. I believe the Enfield 2A is on the C&R list, so he could have it shipped to Reno and pick it up there. Might be easier to just get a 10 round mag, however.
              Last edited by Mustang; 01-17-2013, 11:39 PM.
              ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

              Comment

              • #22
                MrTokarev
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2012
                • 2944

                Originally posted by Mustang
                If he has a C&R license, I guess he can do that. I believe the Enfield 2A is on the C&R list, so he could have it shipped to Reno and pick it up there. Might be easier to just get a 10 round mag, however.
                I just kind of assumed he had a C&R license. If he doesn't, then of course he can't do what I said.

                Looking around on the web, I'm not sure what a good solution would be for him. The 10 round mags are very expensive. I saw one on ebay for $66. I also don't see standard mags for sale so he'd have to modify his original to use it in CA.
                NRA-ILA Lawmaker Contact Tool
                A Fistful of Dollars

                Originally posted by BKinzey
                The chuckleheaded tinfoil-asshatter racist (yes! that's a couple of names and a label!)

                Comment

                • #23
                  Mustang
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Aug 2007
                  • 5075

                  Originally posted by MrTokarev
                  I just kind of assumed he had a C&R license. If he doesn't, then of course he can't do what I said.

                  Looking around on the web, I'm not sure what a good solution would be for him. The 10 round mags are very expensive. I saw one on ebay for $66. I also don't see standard mags for sale so he'd have to modify his original to use it in CA.
                  This just illustrates the stupidity of the 10 round magazine limit. I have an antique Swiss 1889 rifle with a 12 round magazine and would have to permanently modify the magazine if I sold it in-state.
                  ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    TMB 1
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Dec 2012
                    • 7153

                    Originally posted by MrTokarev
                    I just kind of assumed he had a C&R license. If he doesn't, then of course he can't do what I said.

                    Looking around on the web, I'm not sure what a good solution would be for him. The 10 round mags are very expensive. I saw one on ebay for $66. I also don't see standard mags for sale so he'd have to modify his original to use it in CA.
                    I just looked still expensive but sarco list 10rnd mags for $39.99.
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      1911Operator
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2010
                      • 2691

                      I got a PM from a member here, we are supposed to meet next month to check out his 308 Enfield that he has for sale. If all looks good ill end up getting it
                      Have an idea or invention? Need something designed and made? Click: HERE
                      ✟ In the beginning was the 1911, and the 1911 was THE pistol, and it was good. And behold the Lord said, "Thou shalt not muck with my disciple John's design for it is good and it workith. For John made the 1911, and lo all of his weapons, from the designs which I, the Lord, gave him upon the mountain."✟

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        TMB 1
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Dec 2012
                        • 7153

                        Originally posted by 1911Operator
                        I got a PM from a member here, we are supposed to meet next month to check out his 308 Enfield that he has for sale. If all looks good ill end up getting it
                        Cool you'll like it they are the slickest bolt action made.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Emdawg
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jan 2012
                          • 4292

                          Originally posted by 1911Operator
                          I got a PM from a member here, we are supposed to meet next month to check out his 308 Enfield that he has for sale. If all looks good ill end up getting it
                          Good for you. That 308 is easier to find than 303. That is a sure thing.
                          *sniff* *sniff* Commies...

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            knucklehead0202
                            Veteran Member
                            • Aug 2008
                            • 4087

                            hell at this point .303 is probablay easier to get...that said, cool rifle but it's really funny they're worried about more than 10rds. i can see the headlines "madman robs store, kills 12 with ancient bolt-action enfield" hahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahh ahahahahha!!!!

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              MrTokarev
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 2012
                              • 2944

                              Originally posted by knucklehead0202
                              hell at this point .303 is probablay easier to get...that said, cool rifle but it's really funny they're worried about more than 10rds. i can see the headlines "madman robs store, kills 12 with ancient bolt-action enfield" hahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahh ahahahahha!!!!
                              The headline is more likely to be this.

                              "Man's house raided by police. Among items recovered was a military rifle chambered in the powerful 7.62 NATO cartridge used in machine guns. The assault rifle was fitted with a high capacity magazine."

                              The beauty of the press.

                              They'd be happy to turn this


                              into this
                              Last edited by MrTokarev; 01-19-2013, 3:54 AM.
                              NRA-ILA Lawmaker Contact Tool
                              A Fistful of Dollars

                              Originally posted by BKinzey
                              The chuckleheaded tinfoil-asshatter racist (yes! that's a couple of names and a label!)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1