I just transferred all my powders from the old 60s DuPont cans into plastic containers because the metal and were rusting. I heard some people collect these old cans. If anyone wants them, I'd rather give them to you than fill a land fill. All have some level of rust on them.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Old powder cans
Collapse
X
-
You may want to check the static level of the plastic containers you transfered the black powder to. BP is suseptable static electricity and possibly ignite!sigpic
U S Coast Guard Squadron Three, Viet Nam 1968
NRA Life Member
"Well Stanley, here's another nice mess you've got me into!"
Oliver HardyComment
-
-
No BP. Just smokeless. I transferred them into empty smokeless plastic containers.
I live in LA. There are no "good" LGS around anymore. Everything is cut throat. I remember growing up in our little suburban city. We had 3 gun/tackle stores. We have zero now. They were all small mom/pop shops that went the way of the dodo.
I tossed the cans and they are gone. I am trying to give less value to things and adapt to the throw away mentality that is the lifestyle now, but its a hard process when you grew up un an era where "stuff" was hard to come by.
When I turned 16, gas was $0.98/gal. A tank full was $10. And a set of nice wrenches from Sears was about $150.
Now, a tank full of gas costs $50 and a set of wrenches from Sears costs $20.
I know how to live in the former paradigm, but am having a little trouble adjusting to the later.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,699
Posts: 25,150,588
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,829
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 14698 users online. 34 members and 14664 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment