Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Black powder pistol?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kris smith
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2011
    • 2058

    Black powder pistol?

    So a friend has a 44 cal cap and ball revolver does this have to be registered and can I own it before I'm 21 ?
    sent from the depths of my subconscious
  • #2
    GOEX FFF
    ☆ North Texas ☆
    CGN Contributor
    • Jun 2007
    • 7656

    No, Muzzleloaders or Cap n' Ball revolvers don't need to be reg'd.
    You also don't need to go through an FFL for purchase except if you're in NY or NJ.
    You can buy them directly from many places, like Cabelas. http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/brows...%3BBRprd731694 and have them shipped to your door.
    In the eyes of the feds, they are not even treated as firearms until they are powdered, loaded and primed.
    But in CA, you need to be at least 18 years old to buy.
    Last edited by GOEX FFF; 09-27-2012, 10:54 PM.
    Stand for the Flag - Kneel for the Cross

    The 2nd Amendment Explained

    Comment

    • #3
      kris smith
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2011
      • 2058

      I will post up some pics an see what you Guys can tell me about it.
      sent from the depths of my subconscious

      Comment

      • #4
        Mssr. Eleganté
        Blue Blaze Irregular
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Oct 2005
        • 10401

        Originally posted by GOEX FFF
        ...In the eyes of the feds, they are not even treated as firearms until they are powdered, loaded and primed...
        Even when powdered, loaded and primed, the feds still don't consider them to be firearms.
        __________________

        "Knowledge is power... For REAL!" - Jack Austin

        Comment

        • #5
          kris smith
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2011
          • 2058

          Sorry for the exceptionally crappy pics there off my gfs phone


          sent from the depths of my subconscious

          Comment

          • #6
            Emdawg
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2012
            • 4292

            That Colt Navy really needs a good scrubbing before anything can be done with it and that is for sure. If the nipples are deteriorating then there is good chance of a chain fire, and you might have some problems.
            *sniff* *sniff* Commies...

            Comment

            • #7
              kris smith
              Senior Member
              • Sep 2011
              • 2058

              Ya I think I'm gunna pass on it I'm not too big on black powder
              sent from the depths of my subconscious

              Comment

              • #8
                compulsivegunbuyer
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2007
                • 2643

                Originally posted by kris smith
                Ya I think I'm gunna pass on it I'm not too big on black powder
                Until you shoot one. The boom, the smoke, they are fun to shoot.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Simply115
                  Senior Member
                  • Aug 2012
                  • 2265

                  Nifty. That's a Griswold and Gunnison, not an 1851 Navy, but just like one, except the barrel is rounded. I would keep it, black powders are cool.


                  Comment

                  • #10
                    kris smith
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2011
                    • 2058

                    He needs to sale it he needs the money what is it worth ?
                    sent from the depths of my subconscious

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Simply115
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2012
                      • 2265

                      Dunno, more info is needed about condition.


                      Comment

                      • #12
                        kris smith
                        Senior Member
                        • Sep 2011
                        • 2058

                        The blue is about 85% there's some proof marks on te frame and some writing on the barrel I don't know the exact words but it has the word navy in it
                        sent from the depths of my subconscious

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Magana559
                          Member
                          • Nov 2011
                          • 158

                          I'll give you $20 cash in hand

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            kris smith
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2011
                            • 2058

                            They sold it already
                            sent from the depths of my subconscious

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              CSACANNONEER
                              CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Dec 2006
                              • 44094

                              Yes, there are no age restrictions or registration requirements for non metalic cartridge guns. However, just to point something out to you, the legal age to own a handgun in CA is 18 and aside from RAWs, handguns are only required to be registered when they are transfered. It is perfectly legal for an 18 year old to own a registered or unregistered modern handgun in CA. You just have to follow the laws on aquiring one.
                              NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                              California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                              Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                              Utah CCW Instructor


                              Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                              sigpic
                              CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                              KM6WLV

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1