Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

SKS/AK dilemma

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SKSer45
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 4373

    SKS/AK dilemma

    So I walked into my local FFL shop and lo and behold a LNIB Chinese SKS. He has had it for many years and bough it back off of someone back in the 90s. The owner was just cleaning it and hasn't even put on the shelf yet. Matching numbers on the bolt, carrier, rec, trigger etc...however its been bubbah a bit with the cheese grinder hand guard, and plastic stock. The owner said he is going to restore it back to its original form ie; Chu wood, hand guard, bayonet and has ordered it all the parts. He said I could have it for 350 including DROS once he is done restoring it.

    However I have an AK Romanian Parts kit I got from a CGN and I planned on going to the AK Build Party however due to my busy teaching schedule its going to be impossible to attend to. Plus I still have to order the receiver, tools, etc...which is another 150 bucks.

    So the question is...should I sell my Romy AK kit so I could use it to buy a Chinese SKS? I mean the barrel is glass mirror shinny, still covered in comso, and the trigger looked great. PLus the owner knows I love SKS and he did give me first dibs.....

    Discuss!!!
  • #2
    KaemosFiveZero
    Member
    • Nov 2011
    • 153

    10 round chargers or 10 round BB'd magazines? I'd say go with the SKS
    Alexander Pawelczyk
    Email: alexpawelczyk50@gmail.com
    Cell: (916) 706-7159
    My Facebook
    Contact me for Home Computer virus removal, optimization, and networking(Sacramento Area)
    Originally posted by plumbum
    It's like a little japanese chick with big fake boobies - I'm sure it's more fun, but there is just something wrong about it?!
    Originally posted by MrTokarev
    I just threw up a little bit.

    Can you charge more for "tactical ninja stripes"?

    Comment

    • #3
      SKSer45
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2011
      • 4373

      Originally posted by KaemosFiveZero
      10 round chargers or 10 round BB'd magazines? I'd say go with the SKS
      yeah I am really leaning to the chicom...featureless, more accurate, and back to full restoration.

      Comment

      • #4
        BrokerB
        Calguns Addict
        • Sep 2010
        • 5452

        sks...

        ak with 10 rounders is weak
        Beans and Bullets

        Comment

        • #5
          Bobby Ricigliano
          Mit Gott und Mauser
          CGN Contributor
          • Feb 2011
          • 17439

          Need you even ask?

          Comment

          • #6
            SKSer45
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2011
            • 4373

            Originally posted by Bobby Ricigliano
            Need you even ask?
            yes, and no your not buying this one

            Comment

            • #7
              joefrank64k
              @ the Dark End of the Bar
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Mar 2009
              • 10124

              Question: Will you be able to easily find another Romy AK kit when your money/time is right?
              Answer: Yes

              Question: Will you be able to easily find another LNIB, #'s matching, Chinese SKS when your money/time is right?
              Answer: No

              You're welcome!
              You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
              If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
              Come on...what harm??

              joefrank64k 251/251 100% iTrader?

              Comment

              • #8
                SKSer45
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2011
                • 4373

                Originally posted by joefrank64k
                Question: Will you be able to easily find another Romy AK kit when your money/time is right?
                Answer: Yes

                Question: Will you be able to easily find another LNIB, #'s matching, Chinese SKS when your money/time is right?
                Answer: No

                You're welcome!
                hahah god bless you joe that just solved all my problems. Man I can't wait, it will be awesome!!! Its /306\ with the Chinese Character on it saying its a 'type 56"

                Comment

                • #9
                  Magana559
                  Member
                  • Nov 2011
                  • 158

                  I just put the same sks in jail yesterday, all matching numbers with dirty but beautiful wood.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    SKSer45
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jul 2011
                    • 4373

                    Originally posted by Magana559
                    I just put the same sks in jail yesterday, all matching numbers with dirty but beautiful wood.
                    yea the wood he has is dirty and dry just like how it was suppose to be in the military. All the nice looking blond, shiny wood is after market. I wuv it!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Squid
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2010
                      • 1041

                      I've heard nothing but good about ChiSKS, jump on it, make the call.

                      AK can be had another day.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Cessnapilot89
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2009
                        • 2002

                        SKS my friend! You have taught me well
                        Soli Deo Gloria.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Magana559
                          Member
                          • Nov 2011
                          • 158

                          Well congrats I can't wait to pick mine up!

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            0321jarhead
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2009
                            • 2116

                            Actions speak louder than words. Buy the plucking SKS. If you don't do it soon someone else will. Opportunity waits you but, not for long.
                            "TRUST BUT, VERIFY"
                            Ronald Reagan

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              mosinnagantm9130
                              Calguns Addict
                              • May 2009
                              • 8783

                              Originally posted by joefrank64k
                              Question: Will you be able to easily find another Romy AK kit when your money/time is right?
                              Answer: Yes

                              Question: Will you be able to easily find another LNIB, #'s matching, Chinese SKS when your money/time is right?
                              Answer: No

                              You're welcome!


                              Never thought I'd see SKSer have to ask us if he should buy an SKS
                              Originally posted by GoodEyeSniper
                              My neighbors think I'm a construction worker named Bruce.

                              Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
                              Originally posted by ChopperX
                              I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
                              Originally posted by Jeff L
                              Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1