Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

C&R renewal due!!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • steelrain82
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2009
    • 3683

    C&R renewal due!!!!!!

    So i get home today and I am going throught the mail and i see my c&r renewal paperwork. it says it needs to be renewed by Sept 1. I just got it today and i just paid off my school fees and books so i am broke and dont get paid till monday! will i have to start the app process all over? i havent used it for anything yet, but i really dont want to have to start it all over and i dont want to have to use my cc.
  • #2
    CaliB&R
    Member
    • Oct 2010
    • 237

    Maybe give the ATF Licensing Center a call in the morning? (866) 662-2750
    An err on the side of caution, is still an err. - me

    Comment

    • #3
      Mr.Sandman
      Senior Member
      • May 2011
      • 557

      So am I understanding this right that you just received the renewal form and your license expires on the 1st?

      Something dont sound right, they are required to send your renewal notice so that you have time to fill it out and pay before your current license expires.

      Comment

      • #4
        steelrain82
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2009
        • 3683

        Yes, I got my license renewal paper work today. I was like WTF!! And yes, it due on the first. And my car registration is suppossed to be paid in sept as well. And guess what? I haven't got that yet either! Either the post office is screwing **** up or people are asleep behind the wheel at these agencies.

        Comment

        • #5
          Blitzburgh
          In Memoriam
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Jan 2011
          • 2635

          Call them an explain - they might extend the date.

          The renewal form usually comes a few months before the actual date.

          Or do what I did last time, mail it in with a check dated a few days previous the expiration date. Oops! I must have made a little mistake and dated everything wrong. Just be sure to date the form the same.

          By the time it gets there you'd better have the $30 in the bank! Or I'm going to get mine first and buy that K31 you've been looking at!
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            TRICKSTER
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Mar 2008
            • 12438

            Call and explain. Request a "Letter or Authorization". The letter will extend your current license for 6 months while they process your renewal.


            Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

            Comment

            • #7
              johnny1290
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2011
              • 1598

              You could do all that, have the fun of calling a government agency and trust that they'll handle things right *this* time, or just bust out the credit card. I know which I'd do.

              Good advice on requesting an extension, who knew?!?

              I just renewed my yearly one, the something certification so you can buy more than one pistol a month. To their credit they actually sent me the renewal a month or two ahead of expiration.

              Comment

              • #8
                littlejake
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2008
                • 2168

                Originally posted by Blitzburgh
                Call them an explain - they might extend the date.

                The renewal form usually comes a few months before the actual date.

                Or do what I did last time, mail it in with a check dated a few days previous the expiration date. Oops! I must have made a little mistake and dated everything wrong. Just be sure to date the form the same.

                By the time it gets there you'd better have the $30 in the bank! Or I'm going to get mine first and buy that K31 you've been looking at!
                No such thing as a post dated check in today's banking system. They'll process it; and the money better be there. And Blitzburgh suggests perjury of the renewal form by falsifying the date on the form! WOW. The have computers in Leavenworth?

                Originally posted by johnny1290
                You could do all that, have the fun of calling a government agency and trust that they'll handle things right *this* time, or just bust out the credit card. I know which I'd do.

                Good advice on requesting an extension, who knew?!?

                I just renewed my yearly one, the something certification so you can buy more than one pistol a month. To their credit they actually sent me the renewal a month or two ahead of expiration.
                That's called a COE. You can be up to 12 months late on renewing a COE before they make you start from scratch.

                OP -- just send in the renewal when you have the money. They'll process it; and you may have a small lapse in your license -- just don't make any A&D's in the interim. And, don't falsify the dates.
                Last edited by littlejake; 08-31-2012, 6:09 AM.
                Life Member NRA and 2A Foundation.
                My posts are my own opinions and do not reflect those of any organization I am a member of.
                Nothing I post should be construed as legal advice; if you need legal advice, see a lawyer.

                "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
                William Pitt (1759-1806)

                Comment

                • #9
                  Blitzburgh
                  In Memoriam
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 2635

                  Originally posted by littlejake
                  The have computers in Leavenworth?
                  Yep... I'm expecting a knock on the door at any moment. The Feds have nothing better to do these days

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    LexLuther
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 838

                    Originally posted by littlejake
                    No such thing as a post dated check in today's banking system. They'll process it; and the money better be there. And Blitzburgh suggests perjury of the renewal form by falsifying the date on the form! WOW.
                    Do you know what a post dated check is? Doesn't sound like it.
                    Do you really think they will go after him for perjury? LOL
                    "I love it, its my second ammendment but we with the gun was the only thing between those guys and the oven and they still can't know this theys too dumb and I seen the ovens. They dont know it but they cant take all the guns and if ever, push ever comes to shove we'll be back." - Don Burgett

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      littlejake
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2008
                      • 2168

                      Originally posted by LexLuther
                      Do you know what a post dated check is? Doesn't sound like it.
                      Do you really think they will go after him for perjury? LOL
                      and do you think anyone looks at dates on checks? It's converted to an ACH and the account is debited. ISF = bounce.

                      No, they won't go after him for perjury -- now, you -- in a heartbeat!
                      Life Member NRA and 2A Foundation.
                      My posts are my own opinions and do not reflect those of any organization I am a member of.
                      Nothing I post should be construed as legal advice; if you need legal advice, see a lawyer.

                      "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
                      William Pitt (1759-1806)

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1