Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Birthday Surprise

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • interstellar
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 1049

    Birthday Surprise

    Woke up this morning on the eve of my 50th birthday feeling a bit depressed over the slow pace of funding for our "Bullet Button" documentary and the fact that over the past few weeks I've been reflecting over, well, my life. Things are great, wonderful family, enjoy my work, but just the fact I'm now eligible for membership in AARP is just unreal to me.

    So, my son came over around noon and took me the range. Shot about 100 rounds of 7.62 and had a great time smacking short pieces of I-beam that we painted orange placed at 250, 400 and 500 yards. We just love to hear the steel echoes of acknowledgment of a hit.

    Afterwards, we headed to the local gun shop and drinking hole call the Tackle Box. Yes, the gun store is adjacent to the bar/restaurant - yeah, perfect, huh! Before we headed into the bar to join my wife and daughter, we made a quick survey of the gun racks.

    There leaning in the racks all dusty and unwanted was a 1939 R E Terni Carcano with SA stamp. Not knowing enough about the history or value of the rife, I took a couple of photos and noted to the clerk I might return another day to look again at the rifle as we headed for our cold beers.

    While enjoy my family and brews, my son and I surfed the web to learn more about the 7.35. More beers and food followed when my son said he wanted more fries and went to place an order. Great fake - he went back to the gun shop to jail the rifle for me! My family had all chip in on the QT to buy the rifle for me - right there under my nose!

    Here are the photos of the rifle. I need a bayonet and front sight, otherwise, all the numbers match - I didn't see any import marks either.

    Any info on this type of rifle is appreciated and heads up where I can find parts is welcomed.
    Last edited by interstellar; 03-16-2015, 12:10 PM.
  • #2
    VegasND
    Calguns Addict
    • Aug 2007
    • 8621

    Cool story and you got a new rifle.

    Sounds like a Happy Birthday.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.
    --River Tam

    Comment

    • #3
      mcmikeblues7
      Senior Member
      • May 2011
      • 1026

      Sweet lookin rifle! congrats!

      Comment

      • #4
        joefrank64k
        @ the Dark End of the Bar
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Mar 2009
        • 10124

        Awesome way to celebrate the big five-oh!
        You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
        If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
        Come on...what harm??

        joefrank64k 251/251 100% iTrader?

        Comment

        • #5
          glockwise2000
          Veteran Member
          • Sep 2008
          • 2534

          That is an awesome looking rifle. Happy Birthday.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") Copy and paste this bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.!!!

          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            pitfighter
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2009
            • 3152

            Happy Birthday!

            Historic rifle.

            Enjoy shooting it.

            Pit.
            Pitfighter.
            CA/AZ

            Comment

            • #7
              mosinnagantm9130
              Calguns Addict
              • May 2009
              • 8783

              Happy late B-day!

              The Finnish marked carbines are usually around $200 or so. Unfortunately, the folding bayonet is rarer than the rifle, and also worth about $200.
              Originally posted by GoodEyeSniper
              My neighbors think I'm a construction worker named Bruce.

              Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
              Originally posted by ChopperX
              I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
              Originally posted by Jeff L
              Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.

              Comment

              • #8
                stevenjay1
                Member
                • Feb 2008
                • 136

                WOW! Nice Gun, Nice Birthday, Nice Family!!

                BTW, You'll get use to the 50+ thing...maybe...I haven't....
                .
                sigpic
                Just another homesick Texan that shouldn't of left in the first place!
                NRA Life Member
                CRPA Member

                Comment

                • #9
                  meaty-btz
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 8980

                  Awesome BDay present. I am also getting a C&R for my b-day
                  ...but their exists also in the human heart a depraved taste for equality, which impels the weak to attempt to lower the powerful to their own level, and reduces men to prefer equality in slavery to inequality with freedom.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    phdo
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Jan 2010
                    • 3870

                    Happy birthday sir. Congrats on the beautiful rifle.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      CSACANNONEER
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Dec 2006
                      • 44094

                      I recently picked up a sporterized 7.35 as part of a "lot". I've aquired a few hundered rounds of original berdan primed ammo packed on clips. You do need the clips to load the mag. If you want a couple, shoot me a PM with your address and I'll send two. If you look on ebay, people are asking $15-$20 each plus shipping for them. I haven't looked anywhere else 'cause now I have more than enough for my needs.
                      NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                      California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                      Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                      Utah CCW Instructor


                      Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                      sigpic
                      CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                      KM6WLV

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        em9sredbeam
                        Veteran Member
                        • Oct 2010
                        • 3429

                        That's great man! Happy Birthday!
                        Stupid people; They're breeding.

                        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                        Si vis pacem, para bellum

                        ╠╦═╬ Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          gunboat
                          Veteran Member
                          • Apr 2008
                          • 3288

                          The 7.35 is a nice cartridge, about like a 30/30 -
                          I had a 38 carbine with folding bayonet back in the 60's also a SA sell off.
                          It was essentially in as new condition
                          I found it to be a good shooter with low recoil, but sights left a bit to be desired.
                          I won't say what it cost then, it would ruin your breakfast.
                          The 7.35 uses the same clips as the 6.5 --
                          Although the 7.35 milt brass is berdan, it is a smaller diameter primer than the common berdan available and is also smaller than large rifle primers. This lends itself to a bit easier method of converting it to boxer primers.
                          Lyman has a mould available to cast the proper size bullets -- #300136
                          If it interests you, there is an ad in S&S for dies and bullets -

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            CSACANNONEER
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 44094

                            Originally posted by gunboat
                            The 7.35 is a nice cartridge, about like a 30/30 -
                            I had a 38 carbine with folding bayonet back in the 60's also a SA sell off.
                            It was essentially in as new condition
                            I found it to be a good shooter with low recoil, but sights left a bit to be desired.
                            I won't say what it cost then, it would ruin your breakfast.
                            The 7.35 uses the same clips as the 6.5 --
                            Although the 7.35 milt brass is berdan, it is a smaller diameter primer than the common berdan available and is also smaller than large rifle primers. This lends itself to a bit easier method of converting it to boxer primers.
                            Lyman has a mould available to cast the proper size bullets -- #300136
                            If it interests you, there is an ad in S&S for dies and bullets -
                            I was going to try to sell my bubba'd 7,35 until I shot it. Now, if I can find soft nosed and/or lead free bullets, I'm thinking that it'll make a great little loaner hunting rifle.

                            BTW, what is "S&S"?
                            NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                            California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                            Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                            Utah CCW Instructor


                            Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                            sigpic
                            CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                            KM6WLV

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              NOTABIKER
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Mar 2012
                              • 7635

                              turn 65 and try not to get into a FUNK. lucky i still feel great. i still ride a motorcycle and love my mosins [ 4] and gaining all the time.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1