Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Surplus 303 rounds with Cordite

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • alpha_romeo_XV
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2006
    • 3137

    Surplus 303 rounds with Cordite

  • #2
    gazzavc
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2007
    • 988

    Thats cordite alright. Nasty stuff too.
    If it's POF ammo expect hangfires and bad primers too.

    Gaz

    Comment

    • #3
      50 Freak
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 3412

      I actually like the smell of cordite too....smells like a picnic on a Sunny day to me.
      I'm Rick James...Be-otch!!!!

      Comment

      • #4
        CSACANNONEER
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Dec 2006
        • 44094

        I lit a few pieces on fire last week. If you lite on end it takes about a second for it to burn to the other end of the piece.
        NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
        California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
        Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
        Utah CCW Instructor


        Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

        sigpic
        CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

        KM6WLV

        Comment

        • #5
          smle-man
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2007
          • 10605

          Cordite will erode a barrel throat faster than common stick powder or ball powder. That is why many .303s have throats that have advanced up to 1" from heavy use of cordite ammunition. It is based on the burning temperature of cordite, or at least that is what a UK armorer told me.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1