Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Remington 03-A3

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sectionseven
    Junior Member
    • Feb 2012
    • 18

    Remington 03-A3

    Here is another of my grandfather's guns that I inherited. Also in pretty good shape, though it needs a good cleaning.









  • #2
    watersports500
    Member
    • Feb 2012
    • 391

    Nice rifle, I have 1 just like it takes like a mule though. I hope you hold on to it and and it down do your kids someday.

    Comment

    • #3
      bruceflinch
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2006
      • 40155

      Wow! Nice.
      Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

      I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

      Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

      Secret Club Member?.

      Comment

      • #4
        Madpyro
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
        • Jun 2011
        • 1368

        SWEET!
        sigpic94th ENGR. BN. USAEUR 75-78 / N.R.A. Life Member / SASS / Mineral County SAR

        Comment

        • #5
          Wicked Pete
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2010
          • 5182

          Are you lucky, or what?

          Comment

          • #6
            Mustang
            Calguns Addict
            • Aug 2007
            • 5075

            Wow...nice gun.
            ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

            Comment

            • #7
              smle-man
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2007
              • 10606

              [QUOTE=sectionseven;8570136]Here is another of my grandfather's guns that I inherited. Also in pretty good shape, though it needs a good cleaning.

              You are the Jedi master of understatement.

              It looks to be from an arsenal rebuild because the bands and the like look parkerized rather than blued; if they are actually blued then it is as it was built. Either way it is a very, very nice example of the 03A3. Congratulations on the instant gun collection. They are all valuable both sentimentally and dollar-wise.
              Last edited by smle-man; 05-13-2012, 9:46 AM.

              Comment

              • #8
                sectionseven
                Junior Member
                • Feb 2012
                • 18

                [QUOTE=smle-man;8570814]
                Originally posted by sectionseven
                Here is another of my grandfather's guns that I inherited. Also in pretty good shape, though it needs a good cleaning.

                You are the Jedi master of understatement.

                It looks to be from an arsenal rebuild because the bands and the like look parkerized rather than blued; if they are actually blued then it is as it was built. Either way it is a very, very nice example of the 03A3. Congratulations on the instant gun collection. They are all valuable both sentimentally and dollar-wise.
                Thanks. It's intense to see these guns sitting there, including the 1947 Marlin Golden 39A that was the first gun I ever shot (it still works flawlessly). There are 6 guns in total that I chose not to give away. My grandfather was 95 when he died recently. He's the one who taught me to shoot when I was a kid when I used to go stay up at his farm in the Pocono mountains of PA. Those are some of my most vivid memories from that era.

                He was a lifelong hunter (i've never hunted) and used to have bears and mountain lions on his property all the time.

                Comment

                • #9
                  sectionseven
                  Junior Member
                  • Feb 2012
                  • 18

                  [QUOTE=smle-man;8570814]
                  Originally posted by sectionseven
                  Here is another of my grandfather's guns that I inherited. Also in pretty good shape, though it needs a good cleaning.

                  You are the Jedi master of understatement.

                  It looks to be from an arsenal rebuild because the bands and the like look parkerized rather than blued; if they are actually blued then it is as it was built. Either way it is a very, very nice example of the 03A3. Congratulations on the instant gun collection. They are all valuable both sentimentally and dollar-wise.
                  Regarding the bluing - the bands definitely look different that the receiver. The receiver is almost a dark greenish grey, and the bands match all the rest of the hardware (meaning black/blue).

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    mosinnagantm9130
                    Calguns Addict
                    • May 2009
                    • 8783

                    That is a very nice collectable 03A3!
                    Originally posted by GoodEyeSniper
                    My neighbors think I'm a construction worker named Bruce.

                    Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
                    Originally posted by ChopperX
                    I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
                    Originally posted by Jeff L
                    Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      deguello
                      Member
                      • Jan 2006
                      • 198

                      Wow, beautiful green parkerizing. And very nice crossed cannons on the stock!!
                      Well, you gonna pull those pistols or whistle dixie......

                      He was electromagnetic completely kinetic
                      New wizard of the west - Nikola Tesla

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Anubis Laughed
                        Member
                        • Sep 2010
                        • 471

                        Very nice A3, definately a keeper.
                        "What a lovely but absolutely ridiculous sentiment!"

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          smle-man
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Jan 2007
                          • 10606

                          [QUOTE=sectionseven;8571427]
                          Originally posted by smle-man

                          Regarding the bluing - the bands definitely look different that the receiver. The receiver is almost a dark greenish grey, and the bands match all the rest of the hardware (meaning black/blue).
                          The bands, trigger guard, buttplate,boly body and rear sight should be blued; the barrel is usually a gray-black and the back half of the bolt and receiver a green/gray. The stock will have a RA, Ordnance stamp, and inspector stamp on left side. If there is another stamp such as BA, OG, RRA, etc then at least the stock went through a rebuild. If all the metal bits or some of them are parkerized then it went through the rebuild. In some cases essentially new rifles were run through the rebuild process, taken apart, refinished, reassembled with mixed parts and put back in storage.

                          Your rifle looks really nice. Many new or new rebuilds were sold via the NRA in the 50s and 60s.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            SKSer45
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jul 2011
                            • 4373

                            wow very nice! that should be in a glass for viewing lol. May that rifle be passed down to generations in your family!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              SixOnTheFloor
                              Junior Member
                              • Feb 2009
                              • 26

                              Nice 03-A3. The serial number puts the manufactuer date around the second week of Septermer 1943.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1