Getting more into the older guns and was digging threw some old ammo I got a while back and found some 30.06 with a head stamp that says Super Speed 30g 30.06 and the bullits are roundnose and the primers look alot diff from 1940s stuff I have seen.The primers are almost rounded any idea of age. I have other super speed stamped but the stamp looks alot diff along with primers.Also found alot of DEN 42 in clips .
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
old 30.06
Collapse
X
-
DEN 42 is military ammuntion, corrosive I think.sigpic
7-6-2 FTMFW!
"...and an old German guy said there was a bit of an unsaid joke about the Nazi salute; apparently when they clicked their heels and raised their arm up in the air in a Nazi salute, they were saying, "we're in this much s___." -
Denver 42 is indeed corrosive.
Generally all 06, us military, til about '53 is corrosive.
There was a year or two of about '54/55 FA that was also corrosive.
The rounded top primers were common until the late 60's. My old press came with 4 priming posts: small primer, round and flat and large primer, round and flat.
As far as I know there was no performance difference between round and flat.
I do not recall the reason for the round top, if I ever knew it.
Berdan primers were also made in round and flat tops.
my tuppenceComment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,490
Posts: 25,148,330
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,908
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 18225 users online. 99 members and 18126 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment