Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

where to get 91/30?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pklin1297
    Veteran Member
    • Sep 2006
    • 3287

    where to get 91/30?

    Hi guys,

    anyone know which distributor has nice 91/30s for sale right now? I know that is a pretty broad question, but I missed IO Inc.'s $49 Mosin special, and Empire Arm's nice 91/30, etc. Who else has nice ones? Aim Surplus has laminated stock ones but I would like a hard wood one. Any suggestions? Thanks much!
    NRA Member, CAPRC Member
  • #2
    Prince50
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Oct 2003
    • 998

    PM me. I have a nice 1933 Hex solid wood stock to sell. VG+ condition.

    Darin
    Gene Hoffman regarding the release of my first Bullet Button

    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...1&postcount=81

    www.bulletbutton.com

    Comment

    • #3
      1step
      Member
      • Sep 2006
      • 275

      Originally posted by pklin1297
      Hi guys,

      anyone know which distributor has nice 91/30s for sale right now? I know that is a pretty broad question, but I missed IO Inc.'s $49 Mosin special, and Empire Arm's nice 91/30, etc. Who else has nice ones? Aim Surplus has laminated stock ones but I would like a hard wood one. Any suggestions? Thanks much!
      There's one in the Private Firearms Sales forum:

      Comment

      • #4
        IH8CALAWS
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2007
        • 647

        big 5 has them on sale for 89.99 right now I think.

        Comment

        • #5
          .22guy
          Calguns Addict
          • Nov 2006
          • 5863

          AIM's selection of C&R long arms sure has dwindled.

          You could check out Century Arms.
          Originally posted by sholling
          Someone else's lack of foresight and planning is no reason for you to take less than the current market value despite all of the wailing and crying for 2nd Amendment socialism and welfare pricing.

          Comment

          • #6
            Boomer1961
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2005
            • 768

            Originally posted by IH8CALAWS
            big 5 has them on sale for 89.99 right now I think.
            Check out big 5

            They had junk for the last year but I looked at three different big 5's recently (due to the K-98 thread -and no K-98's found) and they have fresh stock that is not junk.

            The 91's are still arsenal refinished but really nice.

            I gulped at the M-44's though because two of the Big 5's had original configuration/not arsenal restored with nice wood and original finish in great condition. The wood looked great without that thick runny shellac/varnish and dutch repairs on the stock and there was not the usual pitting that is blued over that you see on the re-arsenaled. I am certain they are Century but I did not see anywheres that they are advertising them as special/not the usual re-arsenal'd.

            I almost went home with another M-44, had to slap myslef in the face telling myself I own two all ready (Russion rearsenal and nice hungarian) and that my mission now is a nice K-98 RC (if anybody has one for sale in Bay Area please let me know!)

            So if you don't have a C&R I think Big 5 is your best bet as you will have it out the door for about $115. Can't beat that because even with a C&R you get killed by the shipping and not being able to see what you are buying before paying out the cash.

            I am sure this "new stock" will go fast and only the junk will be left again that sits on the shelf forever just like the other junk Enfields and stuff leftover and sitting there for sale at $199.

            GOOD LUCK! and merry christmas everyone!

            Comment

            • #7
              pklin1297
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2006
              • 3287

              Boomer1961, where are you located and where is this Big5 you went to? Thanks.
              NRA Member, CAPRC Member

              Comment

              • #8
                SLYoteBoy
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2007
                • 840

                Yea pklin , I just picked up two at big 5 the other day. Going to bring them home the 27th. $2 teens out the door. 91/30 in alright condition , and a m44 in better condition , the stock is nice nice.
                Originally posted by jumbopanda
                Are we talking taking the tip off every time or just hitting it somewhere along the shaft? The latter is not that impressive. Not saying it's easy, but I'm sure many people could do it. I could probably do it myself at least 50% of the time.

                Comment

                • #9
                  jmlivingston
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 5095

                  J&G is running them on sale right now, as is Interordnance I believe.

                  John

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    .22guy
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Nov 2006
                    • 5863

                    Originally posted by jmlivingston
                    J&G is running them on sale right now, as is Interordnance I believe.

                    John
                    I think interord is out of 91/30s. That J&G sale looks pretty decent though.
                    Originally posted by sholling
                    Someone else's lack of foresight and planning is no reason for you to take less than the current market value despite all of the wailing and crying for 2nd Amendment socialism and welfare pricing.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      pklin1297
                      Veteran Member
                      • Sep 2006
                      • 3287

                      My Interordnance $49.95 special 91/30 was delivered yesterday!

                      Bluing as far as I can tell is arsenal refinished to 100%. Stock is nice within minimal gouges but did have three separate repairs. Tula 1935 manufacturer. Cosmoline is there but not super dry so looks to be easy to take off with the right solvents. Usual peeling shellac which I will be working on taking off with mineral spirits today. Home Depot is closed so I can't get denatured alcohol. I can't get brake cleaner from auto parts stores either to clean metal parts... I guess I'll just work on taking the rifle apart today.

                      Overall, very nice speciment for $49.95!
                      NRA Member, CAPRC Member

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        smle-man
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jan 2007
                        • 10606

                        I had good luck 2 years ago at Big 5 on their regular $89.95 sale. I looked at 5 different rifles and picked one with a like new bore and only a couple of scuffs on the stock. As a bonus there were two bayonets in the box!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Ironchef
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2007
                          • 2313

                          Big5 has definitely had some very good 91/30's over the last year or so. I wouldn't have bought one if they didn't. I remember seeing some jacked up rack grade ones long ago, but now a days, they're all bright and shiny with very clean actions, minimal metal dings and the stocks are quite smooth with gobs of shiny shellac. Sometimes they have the 91/59's in and they are even nicer looking, but they cost another $100 or so. But if you like the long 48 1/2" m91/30, they got plenty. They sell the CAI imports.
                          Fleeing the PRK on 3/8/09!!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1