Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Arisaka Blew up.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    G-Man WC
    In Memoriam
    • Oct 2005
    • 10991

    Harsh! Justin for a minute I thought you did the Arisaka test on one of yours.
    The guy got off lucky with only a gash in his nog'n.
    -g
    If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    -Samuel Adams

    Comment

    • #17
      big103
      Mod without thumbs
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Jul 2009
      • 3511

      ^^^ Yeah kept getting sooty cases don`t know why I think I need to go to a spritzer bullet.




      Just had to get people intrusted.
      All Right MEOW

      Comment

      • #18
        GOEX FFF
        ☆ North Texas ☆
        CGN Contributor
        • Jun 2007
        • 7656

        Deleted for my brain fart and mistaken observation.
        Last edited by GOEX FFF; 03-19-2012, 11:28 PM.
        Stand for the Flag - Kneel for the Cross

        The 2nd Amendment Explained

        Comment

        • #19
          jigenax
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2010
          • 1107

          Originally posted by GOEX FFF
          THIS^^^



          There is not a ground mum nor a defaced mom on that rifle.
          The bbl ring is totally clean.

          There was NEVER a Mum on it to begin with nor is there any "TYPE 38" kanji on the bbl ring where it is supposed to be under the mum.

          This looks all like a blank, smooth bore trainer as trainers were never mummed nor marked "Type 38".
          I bet if there was a picture of the butt-stock there would be a school/trainer kanji that was often burned in to the stock.

          This is the reason why the Arisaka had a false bad rep to it's action being weak or will let go; folks shooting trainers with live rounds that don't know that what they had was a trainer.
          Hmm, I don't know GOEX, the rear sight looks like a Type 99. Has the peep sight and mounts for anti-aircraft sights. As for the barrel ring, it looks like the photo is showning the side rather than the top. Also, the photos show a cross bolt in the stock. All of my Type 38s and one blank firing trainer don't have one. I really wish there was more photos.
          Last edited by jigenax; 03-19-2012, 11:16 PM. Reason: Add
          USMC 1985-93 0331/32 & 0341
          NRA Endowment Life Member
          CRPA & SASS Life Member

          Resident CCW: Enhanced ID
          Non Resident CCW: AZ, FL, NV, OR, & UT

          Comment

          • #20
            GOEX FFF
            ☆ North Texas ☆
            CGN Contributor
            • Jun 2007
            • 7656

            No, you're right. It's a T-99.

            I take back my post, also I take my comment on the mum, cause I see now that top of the receiver-ring totally gone where the Mum would have been.
            I was looking at the bbl ring.. lol
            Stand for the Flag - Kneel for the Cross

            The 2nd Amendment Explained

            Comment

            • #21
              mosinnagantm9130
              Calguns Addict
              • May 2009
              • 8783

              +1, looks like a type 99 to me.
              Originally posted by GoodEyeSniper
              My neighbors think I'm a construction worker named Bruce.

              Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
              Originally posted by ChopperX
              I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
              Originally posted by Jeff L
              Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.

              Comment

              • #22
                jigenax
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2010
                • 1107

                Still it's a sad day when a C&R dies.
                USMC 1985-93 0331/32 & 0341
                NRA Endowment Life Member
                CRPA & SASS Life Member

                Resident CCW: Enhanced ID
                Non Resident CCW: AZ, FL, NV, OR, & UT

                Comment

                • #23
                  kendog4570
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Dec 2008
                  • 5180

                  Originally posted by GOEX FFF
                  No, you're right. It's a T-99.

                  I take back my post, also I take my comment on the mum, cause I see now that top of the receiver-ring totally gone where the Mum would have been.
                  I was looking at the bbl ring.. lol
                  Looks as though the ring is still there, it's just twised to the side in the picture so we cant see the top. Also the barrel is blown forward 1/2 way out of the ring.
                  Ouch.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1