Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Finnish mosin

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jamesg35
    Member
    • Oct 2008
    • 297

    Finnish mosin

    I was at the range last week and a shooter next to me had a nice Finn mosin, nice stock and overall build. i already have a m44 but i am interested in a
    Finn mosin any certain years or models to look for?

    Thanks James
  • #2
    mosinnagantm9130
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2009
    • 8783

    Is there anything in particular you are looking for? Are you going for rarity, a good shooter, or a mix of both?
    Originally posted by GoodEyeSniper
    My neighbors think I'm a construction worker named Bruce.

    Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
    Originally posted by ChopperX
    I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
    Originally posted by Jeff L
    Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.

    Comment

    • #3
      Okami
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 1879

      Here you go brother, unless you're looking for Finned 91/30s'. I can tell you where to find some of those too. ;-)

      M39s' http://www.gunsnammo.com/

      91/30s' https://www.libertytreecollectors.co...p?idCategory=2

      Liberty Tree Collectors is good people.

      Comment

      • #4
        6mmintl
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2008
        • 4822

        I have 3 finn M39's two dated 1968/1970 and a 44 VKT.

        All shot exceptionally well, bought them as antiques from gunsandammo.com, he grades them honestly and is fair priced.

        Do not buy any counterbores and if possible look at the throat for sharp edges of lands and grooves in front of chamber.

        Comment

        • #5
          Howie44
          C3 Specialist
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Sep 2002
          • 2005

          Originally posted by jamesg35
          I was at the range last week and a shooter next to me had a nice Finn mosin, nice stock and overall build. i already have a m44 but i am interested in a
          Finn mosin any certain years or models to look for?

          Thanks James
          If you come here on Sunday, I'll let you take a few of mine for a spin. that way you can meet some of the guys and make up your own mind for what you want

          Comment

          • #6
            jamesg35
            Member
            • Oct 2008
            • 297

            Looking for a good shooter but also i want one of those beautiful tiger wood stocks?

            Comment

            • #7
              big103
              Mod without thumbs
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Jul 2009
              • 3511

              m39 are pretty prevalent on the market but the prices are going up. There real good shooters.


              If you have a C&R southern Ohio guns has them.
              All Right MEOW

              Comment

              • #8
                Fate
                Calguns Addict
                • Apr 2006
                • 9545

                Originally posted by 6mmintl
                Do not buy any counterbores...
                ??? Counterbored Mosins often shoot much better than their untouched brethren. Furthermore, in regards to collectible/monetary value, counterbored weapons don't matter in Finnish Mosin collector circles.
                sigpic "On bended knee is no way to be free." - Eddie Vedder, "Guaranteed"

                "Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
                , in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785

                Comment

                • #9
                  SmokingSam
                  Member
                  • Nov 2011
                  • 183

                  M39's are great looking and great shooting rifles. Their stock is beautiful and they are a lot better looking than the regular Mosin. they will shoot well all day long and will not heat up as much as the Mosin will...

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Fate
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Apr 2006
                    • 9545

                    Originally posted by Okami
                    Here you go brother, unless you're looking for Finned 91/30s'. I can tell you where to find some of those too. ;-)

                    M39s' http://www.gunsnammo.com/

                    91/30s' https://www.libertytreecollectors.co...p?idCategory=2

                    Liberty Tree Collectors is good people.
                    Maybe, maybe not. Selling a humped, fake SVT sniper for $1400 is kinda something I don't expect from "good people."

                    sigpic "On bended knee is no way to be free." - Eddie Vedder, "Guaranteed"

                    "Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
                    , in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Okami
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 1879

                      They treated me well and get favorable reviews from others from what i've seen. Not everyone has the extensive knowledge of telling some things that are fake from genuine so good for you. I would agree that if they are knowingly selling fake items that would be a deal breaker but i'm sure the Finn i bought from them is the real thing so i'm happy with it. Ymmv so it seems.


                      Originally posted by Fate
                      Maybe, maybe not. Selling a humped, fake SVT sniper for $1400 is kinda something I don't expect from "good people."

                      https://www.libertytreecollectors.co...2&idcategory=2

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        mosinnagantm9130
                        Calguns Addict
                        • May 2009
                        • 8783

                        Originally posted by jamesg35
                        Looking for a good shooter but also i want one of those beautiful tiger wood stocks?
                        An M39 would be a good choice.
                        Originally posted by GoodEyeSniper
                        My neighbors think I'm a construction worker named Bruce.

                        Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
                        Originally posted by ChopperX
                        I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
                        Originally posted by Jeff L
                        Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Flyin Brian
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 3395

                          Originally posted by mosinnagantm9130
                          An M39 would be a good choice.
                          +1

                          Get an M39 and you'll have a good shooter that will accept surplus ammo without an issue. Another option would be the Tikka-barreled 91-30s, although I haven't seen many arctic birch stocks with tiger stripes on those. I was just looking on GB yesterday and the Tikka 91-30s are running around $225 to $250 usually. They are good shooters.
                          NRA Life Member - CRPA Life Member - NRA Certified RSO - USN Veteran

                          I collect Military Arms and enjoy shooting in local matches. I also collect older Lever Actions, especially those chambered in odd/old cartridges. If you have a nice old Winchester or Marlin in 25-20, 32-40, 38-55, 40-60, 45-70, etc etc, please PM me and we can work out a deal.

                          Originally posted by TheExpertdouche
                          I wasn't kidding when I said this would all be over by Xmas... Stay tuned for good news next week.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            jamesg35
                            Member
                            • Oct 2008
                            • 297

                            Thanks guys what would be a good price on a M39?

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              af240z
                              Member
                              • Mar 2007
                              • 431

                              Usually ones with matching bolt/receiver numbers go for $300-450, depending on condition of wood. It is very common for bolts, receivers, and magazines to have different serial numbers.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1