Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

C&R age dating question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • ColdDeadHands1
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 3391

    C&R age dating question

    Is a rifle made in 1962 considered C&R yet? I can prove the manufacture date is 1962, but no information on month of manufacture is available.


    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco?"
  • #2
    JacobCR03
    Member
    • Apr 2008
    • 270

    From what I've heard, if you can't definitively date it down to the month, it would be considered non-C&R until Jan. 1, 2013.

    Comment

    • #3
      Mssr. Eleganté
      Blue Blaze Irregular
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Oct 2005
      • 10401

      Originally posted by JacobCR03
      From what I've heard, if you can't definitively date it down to the month, it would be considered non-C&R until Jan. 1, 2013.
      That's correct. The law defines a C&R as a firearm "manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date..." so if you don't know the exact date then you don't know if it is 50 years old yet.
      __________________

      "Knowledge is power... For REAL!" - Jack Austin

      Comment

      • #4
        0321jarhead
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2009
        • 2116

        Originally posted by ColdDeadHands1
        Is a rifle made in 1962 considered C&R yet? I can prove the manufacture date is 1962, but no information on month of manufacture is available.
        What do you have? Have you not checked the ATF list? http://www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/curios-relics/
        "TRUST BUT, VERIFY"
        Ronald Reagan

        Comment

        • #5
          ColdDeadHands1
          Veteran Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 3391

          Originally posted by 0321jarhead
          What do you have? Have you not checked the ATF list? http://www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/curios-relics/
          For CA C&R holders FTF sales, doesn't a gun need to be 50 years old regardless of whether or not on the list?


          "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco?"

          Comment

          • #6
            Flintlock Tom
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2007
            • 3353

            Originally posted by ColdDeadHands1
            For CA C&R holders FTF sales, doesn't a gun need to be 50 years old regardless of whether or not on the list?
            Yes.
            "Everyone must determine for themselves what level of tyranny they are willing to tolerate.
            I let my CA residency expire in 2015."

            Comment

            • #7
              0321jarhead
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2009
              • 2116

              Originally posted by ColdDeadHands1
              For CA C&R holders FTF sales, doesn't a gun need to be 50 years old regardless of whether or not on the list?
              If it is less than 50 and IS on the ATF list as C&R. TWO California C&R holders CAN do a FTF.
              "TRUST BUT, VERIFY"
              Ronald Reagan

              Comment

              • #8
                Mssr. Eleganté
                Blue Blaze Irregular
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Oct 2005
                • 10401

                Originally posted by 0321jarhead
                If it is less than 50 and IS on the ATF list as C&R. TWO California C&R holders CAN do a FTF.
                If they are both outside of California then yes. But if the transfer takes place inside of California then they would be violating the California penal code.

                27545. Where neither party to the transaction holds a dealer's
                license issued pursuant to Sections 26700 to 26915, inclusive, the
                parties to the transaction shall complete the sale, loan, or transfer
                of that firearm through a licensed firearms dealer pursuant to
                Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 28050).
                We've been through this so many times with you that I know posting the actual penal code again won't help, but I thought I'd post it again anyway.
                __________________

                "Knowledge is power... For REAL!" - Jack Austin

                Comment

                • #9
                  ElvenSoul
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Apr 2008
                  • 17431

                  C&R Dating Question - When she says NO! She Means DROS Me!
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    ColdDeadHands1
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 3391

                    Thanks for the info folks. Unfortunately I missed the sale on the rifle I was looking at. Someone else likely picked up the C&R that may or may not have been a C&R!


                    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco?"

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      GOEX FFF
                      � North Texas �
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Jun 2007
                      • 7656

                      Originally posted by ColdDeadHands1
                      Thanks for the info folks. Unfortunately I missed the sale on the rifle I was looking at. Someone else likely picked up the C&R that may or may not have been a C&R!
                      Any chance you can fill us in what the rifle was that you were interested in?
                      Stand for the Flag - Kneel for the Cross

                      The 2nd Amendment Explained

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        ColdDeadHands1
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 3391

                        It was an H&R Topper Jr. .410 shotgun made in 1962.


                        "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco?"

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          0321jarhead
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2009
                          • 2116

                          If they are both outside of California then yes. But if the transfer takes place inside of California then they would be violating the California penal code.



                          We've been through this so many times with you that I know posting the actual penal code again won't help, but I thought I'd post it again anyway.
                          Please direct "us" under which CPC that states two C&R holders cannot do a FTF on a C&R firearm. I am not finding such statements in my library of CPC.
                          Last edited by 0321jarhead; 02-18-2012, 7:40 AM.
                          "TRUST BUT, VERIFY"
                          Ronald Reagan

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Mssr. Eleganté
                            Blue Blaze Irregular
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 10401

                            Originally posted by 0321jarhead
                            Please direct "us" under which CPC that states two C&R holders cannot do a FTF on a C&R firearm. I am not finding such statements in my library of CPC.


                            I told you it wouldn't help.

                            The CPC that says two C&R holders can not to a FTF on a C&R firearm inside California is the CPC that I just posted above. By your responses in these threads on the subject I can never tell if you can't see the CPC that I post or if you just don't understand the CPC.

                            Do you see the part here in CPC 27545 that says ...the parties to the transaction shall complete the sale, loan, or transfer of that firearm through a licensed firearms dealer..."? I will put it in bold this time...


                            27545. Where neither party to the transaction holds a dealer's
                            license issued pursuant to Sections 26700 to 26915, inclusive, the
                            parties to the transaction shall complete the sale, loan, or transfer
                            of that firearm through a licensed firearms dealer
                            pursuant to
                            Chapter 5 (commencing with Section 28050).
                            There is an exemption to CPC 27545 for C&R long guns that are over 50 years old. C&R handguns are not exempt and C&R long guns that are less than 50 years old are not exempt.

                            27965. (a) If all of the following requirements are satisfied, Section 27545 does not apply to the sale, loan, or transfer of a firearm:
                            (1) The sale, loan, or transfer is infrequent, as defined in Section 16730.
                            (2) The firearm is not a handgun.
                            (3) The firearm is a curio or relic manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date but is not a replica, as defined in Section 478.11 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations, or its successor.
                            __________________

                            "Knowledge is power... For REAL!" - Jack Austin

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1