Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

K98 Bolts

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • McNally M.
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2011
    • 1088

    K98 Bolts

    Does anyone know where a man can find a complete K98 bolt?
    "Let him that is without stone among you cast the first thing he can lay his hands on." -Robert Frost
  • #2
    Rogerbutthead
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2006
    • 3862

    Thought that eBay has lots of bolt parts for sale.

    as an example - http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-K98-Mau...item41622c8bee

    Comment

    • #3
      Kenpo Joe
      Junior Member
      • Dec 2005
      • 42

      Try Numrich Gun Parts Corp. http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

      Back on mute.
      Oh, dear. It appears that the elder gods have awakened, and they are not happy...
      "Use the force flow chart, Luke."

      Comment

      • #4
        McNally M.
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2011
        • 1088

        I know that there are some straight bolts out there that people say are meant for the K98 but will they fit the receiver? I get the notion that K98s accepted only bent down bolts but I don't know if I am mislead in believing that.

        Take for instance this bolt. Would this fit a K98 as stated?
        "Let him that is without stone among you cast the first thing he can lay his hands on." -Robert Frost

        Comment

        • #5
          rojocorsa
          Calguns Addict
          • Oct 2008
          • 9139

          Mc Nally, go to my profile and click on "Dr. Pepper" who's my bud. I believe he is selling one of his complete and functioning bolts*. Send him a PM.


          *At least that's what he told me since we spoke last.
          sigpic
          7-6-2 FTMFW!

          "...and an old German guy said there was a bit of an unsaid joke about the Nazi salute; apparently when they clicked their heels and raised their arm up in the air in a Nazi salute, they were saying, "we're in this much s___."

          Comment

          • #6
            SideWinder11
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2009
            • 1324

            GunBroker or Gun Boards or K98 forum would be good places to look in addition to the above ones.

            Comment

            • #7
              McNally M.
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2011
              • 1088

              Thanks for the tip rojocorsa. I sent him a PM, I hope he responds because I could sure use one!

              Originally posted by rojocorsa
              Mc Nally, go to my profile and click on "Dr. Pepper" who's my bud. I believe he is selling one of his complete and functioning bolts*. Send him a PM.


              *At least that's what he told me since we spoke last.
              "Let him that is without stone among you cast the first thing he can lay his hands on." -Robert Frost

              Comment

              • #8
                Sailormilan2
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2006
                • 3487

                Originally posted by McNally M.
                I know that there are some straight bolts out there that people say are meant for the K98 but will they fit the receiver? I get the notion that K98s accepted only bent down bolts but I don't know if I am mislead in believing that.

                Take for instance this bolt. Would this fit a K98 as stated?
                http://www.ebay.com/itm/K98-MAUSER-B...item33718b6334
                K98 should accept any standard length bolt. However, the proper bolt shape would be one that is bent. Also check out GunBroker.com and AuctionArms.com. Make sure you get one for a standard length Mauser, not an intermediate length (Yugos being the most common).

                Comment

                • #9
                  rojocorsa
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Oct 2008
                  • 9139

                  Originally posted by McNally M.
                  Thanks for the tip rojocorsa. I sent him a PM, I hope he responds because I could sure use one!
                  I will send him a text message to check his inbox today.

                  ETA: OK, just sent it.
                  sigpic
                  7-6-2 FTMFW!

                  "...and an old German guy said there was a bit of an unsaid joke about the Nazi salute; apparently when they clicked their heels and raised their arm up in the air in a Nazi salute, they were saying, "we're in this much s___."

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1