Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Snubbie Mosin?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Josh Smith
    Senior Member
    • May 2011
    • 1106

    Snubbie Mosin?

    Just a concept I thought would look cool. What do you guys think?



    Thanks!

    Josh
    .
  • #2
    rojocorsa
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2008
    • 9139

    What's the OAL though?
    sigpic
    7-6-2 FTMFW!

    "...and an old German guy said there was a bit of an unsaid joke about the Nazi salute; apparently when they clicked their heels and raised their arm up in the air in a Nazi salute, they were saying, "we're in this much s___."

    Comment

    • #3
      Flyin Brian
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      • Oct 2009
      • 3395

      Bubba, is that you?
      NRA Life Member - CRPA Life Member - NRA Certified RSO - USN Veteran

      I collect Military Arms and enjoy shooting in local matches. I also collect older Lever Actions, especially those chambered in odd/old cartridges. If you have a nice old Winchester or Marlin in 25-20, 32-40, 38-55, 40-60, 45-70, etc etc, please PM me and we can work out a deal.

      Originally posted by TheExpertdouche
      I wasn't kidding when I said this would all be over by Xmas... Stay tuned for good news next week.

      Comment

      • #4
        Josh Smith
        Senior Member
        • May 2011
        • 1106

        OAL is legal. A 91/30 has plenty of length!

        About 2" would come off.

        Just looks to me that, the way the handguard is recessed, the front sight is begging to be moved back.

        I haven't done this yet and won't do it unless I find one that's been counterbored. I like my Mosin's precision as it will do sub-MOA, better than I can shoot.

        Figured I'd take some pics and throw them on Photoshop to see what this would look like, though.

        Josh
        .

        Comment

        • #5
          Beetle Bailey
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2004
          • 2620

          Oh! You mean like a Mosin Dissipator! At first I thought you meant an Obrez or something.
          "All bad precedents began as justifiable measures." Julius Caesar

          Comment

          • #6
            Lucky Scott
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 2610

            HMMMM, Uh, Well, Er, Um.............

            Comment

            • #7
              mosinnagantm9130
              Calguns Addict
              • May 2009
              • 8783

              Its like a 1907 carbine, but bubba-tastic...
              Originally posted by GoodEyeSniper
              My neighbors think I'm a construction worker named Bruce.

              Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
              Originally posted by ChopperX
              I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
              Originally posted by Jeff L
              Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.

              Comment

              • #8
                h0use
                Calguns Addict
                • Jul 2009
                • 5783

                looks good

                Comment

                • #9
                  Peter.Steele
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Oct 2010
                  • 7351

                  It would, of course, be your rifle to do with as you choose.

                  However, my money is mine to spend however I choose, and if there's ever a conflict in my mind over which sight upgrade to put on one of my 5 Mosins, I'd probably chose to give that money to a vendor who hasn't displayed any Bubba-ish tendencies.
                  NRA Life Member

                  No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    emcon5
                    Veteran Member
                    • Sep 2009
                    • 3347

                    I must admit I find it amusing that you refer to a rifle that would still be over 4 feet long a "snubbie"

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Sampachi
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2007
                      • 812

                      Can't mount a bayonet on that!!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        hypnoman
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 1043

                        I say, "Do it to it, brother!"
                        FS: ammo and primers http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...1#post10352151

                        FS: Pietta .44 revolver http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=712115

                        FS: Romanian PSL matching numbers parts kit http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...1#post10676211

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Crunch130
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2010
                          • 750

                          My only Mosin is a Finn M39. Not quite as long as a 91/30, but more front-heavy due to the heavier barrel and forend.

                          I must admit, the thought has crossed my mind to get a counterbored 91/30 and cut the barrel back to 24 inches, and then shorten the stock and handguard the same amount and re-attach the nose cap and front sight. I think it would make it an all-around handier rifle, without getting into the recoil and muzzle blast issues of the carbines when using surplus ammo.

                          Crunch
                          "The fate of unborn millions will now depend, under God, on the courage and conduct of this army"- General George Washington July 2, 1776

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            bob7122
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Jul 2010
                            • 5090

                            go ahead if it is legal and bubba the hell out of it!!!
                            Originally posted by 2761377
                            man's greatest accomplishments have been achieved in the face of futility.
                            it's a piss poor excuse to quit.
                            PSN name= entwie_dumayla
                            "I came into this world with someone else's blood on me and I don't mind leaving the same way..."
                            ***looking to buy in great condition yugo sks***

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Cali-Shooter
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Oct 2009
                              • 9192

                              As long as the FS is aligned right after snubbying the barrel end, why not?

                              Originally posted by Beetle Bailey
                              Oh! You mean like a Mosin Dissipator! At first I thought you meant an Obrez or something.
                              Yes! That's what I first thought it was going to be, a snubby mosin pistol build. Now that's a concept. Imagine that for LTC carry.
                              In Glock We Trust.
                              Originally posted by jeep7081
                              My wife sleeps better knowing we have a zombie killer... Saiga AK47! Although my neighbor with his AR has restless nights.
                              Originally posted by AleksandreCz
                              Thank god the Federal Government is there to protect us from the Federal Government
                              WTS: Revision 'Desert Locust' tactical Ballistic/Protective eyewear goggles NEW & USED pairs
                              http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=737563

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1