Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Rate your SKS'

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    mosinnagantm9130
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2009
    • 8783

    Yugos and Romainians at the bottom?
    Originally posted by GoodEyeSniper
    My neighbors think I'm a construction worker named Bruce.

    Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
    Originally posted by ChopperX
    I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
    Originally posted by Jeff L
    Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.

    Comment

    • #32
      Kerplow
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2009
      • 8875

      My yugo is an absolute tack driver.

      Originally posted by MelvinoelGreat**
      My friend, your Chargers sure are looking good tonight. They are only losing by 14 at the half, not to bad my friend.

      Comment

      • #33
        comblock
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2010
        • 1318

        not all yugos have a grenade launcher

        Comment

        • #34
          echo1
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2010
          • 3932

          I like SKSs. I just wish they had better safeties. Any Yugos I come across for dirt, will get the Khyber Pass warm over into a Para. PAX
          You need a crew

          "A free people should be armed and disciplined" (George Washington),

          Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.~John Adams 1798

          Comment

          • #35
            SideWinder11
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2009
            • 1324

            I'm begining to think the OP doesn't really know his SKS's.... Romanian's 2nd to last really???

            Comment

            • #36
              glennsche
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2009
              • 1831

              wouldnt the e. german ones be the most valuable due to their scarcity?

              i have never seen one and wanted to see what OP was talking about re: mauser style stock, came across this using teh powah of teh googlez

              At Examiner.com we help you excel personal finance, boost income, invest wisely, travel smart, reach financial freedom faster, and enjoy life on a budget.
              "If the American Left wanted to decrease interest in shooting, they should have the government make it mandatory like they do here in Switzerland. Nothing makes you not want to do something like when the government makes you do it."

              "I'm over you." -Citadelgrad87

              Comment

              • #37
                Paul_R
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                CGN Contributor
                • Jan 2011
                • 2847

                I had a Yugo, it was a beauty, looked really cool with all the hardware out front. But just the added length of the muzzle brake as well as the very noticeable extra weight made it seem unwieldy compared to my Russian. I sold it but still have my Russian.

                @ Vlad 11
                Never brag on your rifle by saying it "shoots circles" around something else......
                Fear is a social disease

                Got a jury summons? Know your rights! http://fija.org/

                Comment

                • #38
                  SKSer45
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 2011
                  • 4373

                  Originally posted by glennsche
                  wouldnt the e. german ones be the most valuable due to their scarcity?

                  i have never seen one and wanted to see what OP was talking about re: mauser style stock, came across this using teh powah of teh googlez

                  http://www.examiner.com/firearms-in-...an-sks-carbine
                  Yeah that and N.Koreans. Also be safe to say 49 Russians as well since it was first year of production.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    Kauf
                    Member
                    • Apr 2011
                    • 459

                    Originally posted by Vlad 11
                    Whatever, my Romanian shoots circles around my Russian
                    That must be because the Russian shoots such small groups and the Romanian is all over the place around it
                    WTB M2 Ball .30-06

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      SinisterBud
                      Member
                      • Feb 2011
                      • 273

                      Chinese are by far the worst and where did u get that Yugos are stamped they where made beefier. Only the Chinese where stamped and had pinned barrels. the best barrels are not chromed lined. I have 1 Russian 1 Chinese and 2 Yugos by far the Chinese is the worst i have put 9k through my Yugos with out one problem. U sure didn't do your home work at all. I would trade my Chinese for a yugo any day of the week.
                      "Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value."

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        furyous68
                        Senior Member
                        • May 2010
                        • 1878

                        I've got a Norinco & a Yugo. Both are real good shooters, accurate out to 430yds (furthest iron @ SLOSA range).

                        The Yugo had the GL removed & the barrel re-crowned. It's in a Montecarlo stock (bought it as a barreled receiver). No issues w/ the gas system at all. No FTL's, FTF's, FTE's, or stove-piping issues. I do want to get a decent repro wood stock for the it. It's in real nice shape. Putting one of those peep sights on it & going to leave it un-scoped.

                        The Norinco is in one of those ATI Druganov stocks (didn't get it w/ a wood stock). Same performance as the Yugo. I'm going to put it into one of those bull-pup stocks though. Somebody decided to grind away the rear site mount to make room for a 50mm scope... so might as well bubba it a little more & get a nice CQC rifle out of it.
                        95,000,000 people die each day in the U.S. from gun violence

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          1-M-42
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2010
                          • 1232

                          I only have one, a '52 Russian, so it's at the top of my list. It shoots better than great, looks good and the workmanship is top notch. I'm not a SKS guy since most of my collection is WWII or earlier but my Russian is usually part of my range trips.
                          Last edited by 1-M-42; 01-01-2012, 5:21 PM. Reason: spelling
                          sigpicCertainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
                          Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            millwright39
                            Junior Member
                            • Dec 2011
                            • 17

                            Originally posted by oftenindeed
                            I have always heard that Romanians were built to be quite good copies of the Russians although I never confirmed it anywhere. I've shot one pretty extensively. Other than a gritty trigger, which can be worked out, I was pretty pleased. It seemed like a fine rifle. I've not handled some of the other ones you've mentioned. What specifically makes the Romanian rifles so bad in your eyes?
                            Out of mine the Russian,-early/26\ China,Yugo,Later date china,albania, My bunch the Romanian was the best all around .

                            Comment

                            • #44
                              Fishslayer
                              In Memoriam
                              • Jan 2010
                              • 13035

                              Can't really say. I have a Russian & a Norinco. The Russki is in an aftermarket K-Sports stock, the Norinco is in resin.

                              The painted finish on the refurbed Russian looks like azz and comes off with solvent.

                              The blued metal on the Norinco is nicer than I would expect.

                              Both have been 100% reliable with Yugo milsurp ammo. I believe the Russian has a slight edge in accuracy. It definitely feels slicker.

                              I would have a hard time deciding which to give up.
                              "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
                              You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
                              You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


                              Originally Posted by JackRydden224
                              I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
                              Originally posted by redcliff
                              A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                Rob454
                                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                                • Feb 2006
                                • 11254

                                Originally posted by SKSer45

                                9. Yugo- Worst of the worst. In fact some people fight over the fact that it shouldn't even be called an SKS. Made out of stamped steel junk, gas valve that is un-reliable, and no chromed barrel. Yugo gives the SKS family a black eye and that's with the grenade launcher.
                                What you talkin about Willis? I had a Yugo M59 and it had a shiny barrel with absolutely no pitting and sharp rifling, good blueing and shot very accurately at 250 yards. And the whole thing was milled. I have never seen a stamped steel Yugo SKS. And mine did not have a gas valve. I ended up selling it cause i got tired of looking at it and never shooting it anymore. I loved my Yugo SKS but I told myself i will not keep any dust collectors. The non chrome barrel never made a difference to me I jsut cleaned the gun when i got home. Everyone should own a SKS one time in their life
                                Last edited by Rob454; 01-03-2012, 6:18 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1