Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

My 1st CMP order shipped!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • greyhd
    Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 164

    My 1st CMP order shipped!!!!

    Ordered a CMP Special and a Service Grade, some ammo, and a couple bayonets the first week of November. Checked my email and they should be at my door tomorrow!!!

    The awesome part of the story is my wife wanted me to finally place a CMP order to celebrate having our first child in October, like a first time daddy gift. I couldn't decide which to order.... She told me to get both! I'm a very lucky guy to have a wife who supports my gun habit.

    FedEx driver better not do the drive by without stopping. I plan on doing yard work all day just to keep an eye out for him. Can't wait to see'em.
  • #2
    greyhd
    Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 164

    Well they made it!

    The Special is a '43 (on top). Bottom Service Special is a '55. They look nearly identical due to the finish of the '55 and the new CMP wood. Both are S/A. I don't know much about M1's yet so I guess I better start!
    Attached Files

    Comment

    • #3
      D3lta58
      Member
      • Oct 2010
      • 153

      Those look amazing! Congrats on the kid and the rifles.
      Originally posted by MaHoTex
      Oh... and money... lots of money. In fact, it has been proven that money is the only thing that keeps a plane in the air.

      Comment

      • #4
        JLMXD
        Member
        • Mar 2010
        • 253

        im jelly. they look sooo nice.
        Originally posted by Scuba Steve33
        Indeed. I'm on the Mosin dick after picking up my first one recently.

        Comment

        • #5
          greyhd
          Member
          • Apr 2009
          • 164

          Thanks. Hopefully one day when I'm old and crusty I can give one or both rifles to her.

          Just noticed that both rifles I received have the same last 3 digits on the serial numbers. Pretty random I thought but interesting just the same.

          Comment

          • #6
            Flintlock Tom
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2007
            • 3353

            Very nice, congratulations!
            "Everyone must determine for themselves what level of tyranny they are willing to tolerate.
            I let my CA residency expire in 2015."

            Comment

            • #7
              bruceflinch
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2006
              • 40155

              IBTOHOD...Beautiful Wood! Congrats!
              Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

              I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

              Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

              Secret Club Member?.

              Comment

              • #8
                GJC
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 1864

                Very nice!!!!!!
                sigpic Rifleman Jan 31 2010
                Have You tried an Appleseed Lately? http://www.appleseedinfo.org/
                NRA Life Member

                Comment

                • #9
                  Thomas1190
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2011
                  • 594

                  Those look great! Congrats! I have really been wanting a nice service grade M1.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    nastyhabts26
                    Senior Member
                    • Sep 2011
                    • 2103

                    Those are absoletly beautiful

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      xbimmers
                      Senior Member
                      • Aug 2008
                      • 1646

                      Nice!!!! Mine should come today or tomorrow!!!!!!!! I will post pics as well!
                      How do you travel...

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        mosinnagantm9130
                        Calguns Addict
                        • May 2009
                        • 8783

                        Originally posted by GoodEyeSniper
                        My neighbors think I'm a construction worker named Bruce.

                        Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
                        Originally posted by ChopperX
                        I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
                        Originally posted by Jeff L
                        Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          SmokingSam
                          Member
                          • Nov 2011
                          • 183

                          Congrats. You can never have enough M1's.

                          Nice stand too, where does one get one? home made?

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            DangerousGoods
                            Member
                            • Jan 2011
                            • 172

                            Sweet. I would love to get a CMP special. But will get a rack grade first when I have the coin.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              joefrank64k
                              @ the Dark End of the Bar
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 10124

                              They look great!

                              Is this a great country or what?
                              You will never, in your life, have a chance like this again.
                              If I were you, I would not pass this up. I would not let this go by...this is rare.
                              Come on...what harm??

                              joefrank64k 251/251 100% iTrader?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1