Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

DOU 45 pictures

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • vivelacolo
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 74

    DOU 45 pictures

    The main theme of my collection is mainly French, I try very hard not to develop an interest in another field. however every once in a while I cannot resist an interesting piece so all through the years I have acquired few dozens of German rifles.
    Since this one came out I decided to document it.
    All the numbers match and I strongly believe that nothing was done to that rifle since it left Bystrika.




  • #2
    louscamaro91
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2007
    • 3522

    Beautiful!

    Comment

    • #3
      vivelacolo
      Junior Member
      • Jan 2008
      • 74






      Comment

      • #4
        vivelacolo
        Junior Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 74





        I believe that could be one of the last +/_ 10000 produced at Bystrika.
        Best regards
        Robert Olivier

        Comment

        • #5
          Markus
          Senior Member
          • Mar 2010
          • 1762

          I love the grain on that stock!

          Comment

          • #6
            bruceflinch
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jan 2006
            • 40155

            Very Nice!
            Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

            I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

            Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

            Secret Club Member?.

            Comment

            • #7
              TheExpertish
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2011
              • 3451

              Great pictures. I've got a chrome bayo that would go nicely with that.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by starsnuffer
              It's an HK, I could lube it with sand and superglue and it'd work just fine.

              Comment

              • #8
                vivelacolo
                Junior Member
                • Jan 2008
                • 74

                I'm NOT looking to sell, just for insurance sake, determine a value. I'm curious to know what some of you think.
                Best regards
                RRO

                Comment

                • #9
                  mosinnagantm9130
                  Calguns Addict
                  • May 2009
                  • 8783

                  Is the sling also an original? Nice late K98!
                  Originally posted by GoodEyeSniper
                  My neighbors think I'm a construction worker named Bruce.

                  Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
                  Originally posted by ChopperX
                  I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
                  Originally posted by Jeff L
                  Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    SVT-40
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 12907

                    Nice. A great piece showing the expected amount of wear but still in excellent condition. Is the stock numbered to the gun?

                    The info in my books show Bystrica produced 29,712 1945 dated rifles. There was the first series of 10,000 without the letter , then the second series with the "a" suffix (which your is a late member). Then the third and final series with A "b" suffix. So yours would have been just at the beginning of the last 10,000 made.

                    Apparently many of the last series were Kriegsmodells, so your was definitely one of the last true full production full rifles with all the K-98 features.

                    For insurance I would value it at over $3,500. Mind you thats not a selling price but a insurance price.
                    Poke'm with a stick!


                    Originally posted by fiddletown
                    What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      WW2Buff
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2007
                      • 1327

                      Excellent find. I was just telling my dad how I prefer the earlier and later examples of military rifles and you found a great one. Any plans to put a few rounds through it?

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1