Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Arisaka Type 44 - Anyone have one?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FourTenJaeger
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Oct 2010
    • 11540

    Arisaka Type 44 - Anyone have one?

    How much did you pay, Where can I find one, And when did you buy it? How's it shoot? oh and
    Saturday Night Special Expert
    CGTS Captain and Founder
    Firearms Collector
  • #2
    big103
    Mod without thumbs
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Jul 2009
    • 3511

    No but I do want one. Saw on on here a little while back for 400 but I know there prices can go into the thousands easy.
    All Right MEOW

    Comment

    • #3
      mofugly13
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2009
      • 885

      I got one, for free, given by a friend of my girls. It's in great condition except for the fact that some previous owner removed the spike bayonet. I haven't shot it. Maybe one day if I stumble across some ammo...It even has an intact mum. I don't have any photos of it, though.
      No government deprives its citizens of rights without asserting that its actions are "reasonable" and "necessary" for high-sounding reasons such as "public safety."
      A right that can be regulated is no right at all, only a temporary privilege dependent upon the good will of the very government
      officials that such right is designed to constrain.

      Comment

      • #4
        big103
        Mod without thumbs
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Jul 2009
        • 3511

        ^^^^^ Here is a link to some ammo for it cheapest iv`e found $20 a box. If you reload this company has brass and dies also.

        Graf & Sons, the reloading authority, has a wide selection of reloading supplies, shooting supplies, ammo and more.
        All Right MEOW

        Comment

        • #5
          FourTenJaeger
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Oct 2010
          • 11540

          I really like those WW2 Japanese Rifles.
          Saturday Night Special Expert
          CGTS Captain and Founder
          Firearms Collector

          Comment

          • #6
            Mike A
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2007
            • 1209

            I have a type 38 cavalry carbine, or at least that's what I've always called it. It is the model of carbine before they put a folding bayonet on it. The one I have was a GI (actually USMC) bringback from Korea, where Koreans on both sides used a lot of Japanese WWII weapons. Still has the "mum". Grooves has some very light pitting; lands clean, shoots great with Norma 6.5x50.

            Comment

            • #7
              saki302
              Calguns Addict
              • Oct 2005
              • 7191

              A good Type 44 will range from $350 to $750 depending on mum present, matchign numbers, and how lucky you are.

              Anyone who pays thousands for a Type 44 needs to come see me. I have some guns for sale

              -Dave

              Comment

              • #8
                aghauler
                Veteran Member
                • Apr 2011
                • 4794

                Originally posted by saki302
                A good Type 44 will range from $350 to $750 depending on mum present, matchign numbers, and how lucky you are.

                Anyone who pays thousands for a Type 44 needs to come see me. I have some guns for sale

                -Dave
                What Dave says on price is correct. Condition is everything. Cabela's in Reno has been trying to sell a Type 44 for over 6 months @ $799, now marked down to $699. The upper handguard has been hacked to look like sword cuts, but the cuts look to fresh to be from WW 2. Anyway Hornadys make the ammo which Cabela's carries. I sold my Type 44 a mismatch no mum, and a Type 99 matching no mum, as a package deal last month for $775. The fella that bought mine has one that he says key holes at 100 yards. He took mine out and shot it also keyholed, but was more accurate. I was feeling bad because that thing had a frosted bore but strong rifling and seemingly tight muzzle. He went on to say the he "understood" that it wasn't uncommon for them to keyhole so not to worry that he was very happy with what I sent him, the Type 99 and Type 38 are quite accurate though. Come to think of it that Type 44 at Cabela's disappeared out of the rack for awhile last month and I thought it was sold, it magically reappeared last week but you know what the wood looks like they tried to clean it up a bit more. Still over priced.

                Comment

                • #9
                  kwansao
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2011
                  • 711

                  i hate these things. in my mind arisaka rifles were used primarily for shooting babies and old women.
                  -
                  PRO DEO ET PRO PATRIA

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    echo6cavedog
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • May 2011
                    • 945

                    I've seen them on the racks at Fine Firearms in La Mesa (San Diego), I can't recall the prices. Theres always more than one. I've steered clear of them since I've heard from numerous sources that ammo is expensive and hard to find.

                    ETA: Oh, I see you're in AZ.
                    μολὼν λαβέ


                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      OHOD
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 11047

                      Originally posted by kwansao
                      i hate these things. in my mind arisaka rifles were used primarily for shooting babies and old women.
                      Every type of military firearm in history is guilty of shooting babies and women at some time or another.
                      sigpic

                      INGSOC comes to America.
                      Sip your Victory Gin folks, time's are a changin'

                      Time it was, and what a time it was, it was
                      A time of innocence, A time of confidences
                      Long ago, it must be, I have a photograph
                      Preserve your memories; They're all that's left you

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        mosinnagantm9130
                        Calguns Addict
                        • May 2009
                        • 8783

                        Originally posted by kwansao
                        i hate these things. in my mind arisaka rifles were used primarily for shooting babies and old women.
                        Originally posted by OHOD
                        Every type of military firearm in history is guilty of shooting babies and women at some time or another.
                        OHOD beat me to it. Milsurps of all types have a not so good history.
                        Originally posted by GoodEyeSniper
                        My neighbors think I'm a construction worker named Bruce.

                        Little do they know that's just my stripper outfit and name.
                        Originally posted by ChopperX
                        I am currently cleaning it and I noticed when I squeeze the snake this white paste like substance comes out. What the heck is this crap?
                        Originally posted by Jeff L
                        Don't D&T a virgin milsurp rifle. You'll burn in collector hell.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Arisaka
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2010
                          • 2153

                          When I think of killing women and children, I think M16A1.....
                          PRO PELLE CUTEM
                          "Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep forever"- Thomas Jefferson, 1785
                          Originally posted by bwiese
                          Gold standard is for idiots.
                          Originally posted by J.P.Morgan
                          Money is gold, and nothing else.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Arisaka
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2010
                            • 2153

                            ^^ No offense intended to anyone
                            PRO PELLE CUTEM
                            "Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep forever"- Thomas Jefferson, 1785
                            Originally posted by bwiese
                            Gold standard is for idiots.
                            Originally posted by J.P.Morgan
                            Money is gold, and nothing else.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              aghauler
                              Veteran Member
                              • Apr 2011
                              • 4794

                              Originally posted by echo6cavedog
                              I've seen them on the racks at Fine Firearms in La Mesa (San Diego), I can't recall the prices. Theres always more than one. I've steered clear of them since I've heard from numerous sources that ammo is expensive and hard to find.

                              ETA: Oh, I see you're in AZ.
                              Hornady produces the ammo, Cabelas has it it stock.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1