Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

J&G Comes Through Again

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • powaybob
    Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 435

    J&G Comes Through Again

    I ordered a Mosin Nagant M91/30 last Thursday evening and it arrived today. I went for the cheapest one, no hand select and I received a 1942 Izhvesk that appears untouched since it was refurbished. The wood appears perfect and the metal looks new.

    J&G has not let me down.

    Now to get the cosmoline off! I wonder if I can change it into diesel fuel- there must be half a gallon on the rifle.

    Enjoy the pictures.
    Attached Files
  • #2
    dotalchemy
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 958

    That's some beautiful wood you have there.
    1928 Tula 91/30 | 1944 Izhevsk M44 | As yet unknown 91/30 and M44 - still in the box | 1976 Walther P-1
    ...Daddy, what else did you leave for me?

    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it" - Thomas Jefferson

    Comment

    • #3
      Dark Mod
      Veteran Member
      • Feb 2011
      • 4284

      Good to hear, im actually road tripping it out there this weekend to buy a few rifles. I wonder if they will let me cherry pick the best ones... they close at like 3 on Saturday so i have to leave at 4 a.m. to get there in time but im super excited.

      Comment

      • #4
        a1c
        CGSSA Coordinator
        • Oct 2009
        • 9098

        I could go for a "That's what she said" joke, but it is indeed a gorgeous rifle. Good thing I just maxed out on safe space, or I would be tempted to order yet another one.
        WTB: French & Finnish firearms. WTS: raw honey, tumbled .45 ACP brass, stupid cat.

        Comment

        • #5
          TRICKSTER
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Mar 2008
          • 12438

          Beautiful, hows the bore look?


          Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

          Comment

          • #6
            redking
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2011
            • 549

            Jealous
            "It is vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, peace, peace; but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear or peace so sweet as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" - Patrick Henry

            Comment

            • #7
              TheExpertish
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2011
              • 3451

              Nice. Looks like the '43 Tula I just got. I plan on purchasing from J&G soon.
              sigpic
              Originally posted by starsnuffer
              It's an HK, I could lube it with sand and superglue and it'd work just fine.

              Comment

              • #8
                glockwise2000
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 2008
                • 2534

                That's very nice.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") Copy and paste this bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.!!!

                sigpic

                Comment

                • #9
                  Flintlock Tom
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 3353

                  Originally posted by gadsdenarmory
                  Nice. Looks like the '43 Tula I just got. I plan on purchasing from J&G soon.
                  That's funny. I was in the store (J&G) on Sat. the 15th and picked up a '43 Tula with a hex receiver. (Also got two of their P64s for $149 ea.)
                  I was going to use it as a project gun to install one of the machinegun barrels that Classic Arms is selling, but, it looked just as nice as the one that PowayBob got. I just can't bring myself to tear it apart.
                  I should have seen that coming...
                  "Everyone must determine for themselves what level of tyranny they are willing to tolerate.
                  I let my CA residency expire in 2015."

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    leman77
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2011
                    • 1168

                    wow....looks great! congrats on your new rifle!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      paul0660
                      In Memoriam
                      • Jul 2007
                      • 15669

                      Originally posted by dotalchemy
                      That's some beautiful wood you have there.
                      Guaranteed your post shows up in Google searches for something you did not intend.

                      Nice rifle, OP.
                      *REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        TheExpertish
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 2011
                        • 3451

                        Originally posted by Flintlock Tom
                        That's funny. I was in the store (J&G) on Sat. the 15th and picked up a '43 Tula with a hex receiver. (Also got two of their P64s for $149 ea.)
                        I was going to use it as a project gun to install one of the machinegun barrels that Classic Arms is selling, but, it looked just as nice as the one that PowayBob got. I just can't bring myself to tear it apart.
                        I should have seen that coming...
                        I'm planning on a couple monster builds myself. I am picking up a hacked donor next week, and probably going to just buy a receiver for the other.
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by starsnuffer
                        It's an HK, I could lube it with sand and superglue and it'd work just fine.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          captain_chau
                          Member
                          • Jul 2011
                          • 231

                          Originally posted by Flintlock Tom
                          That's funny. I was in the store (J&G) on Sat. the 15th and picked up a '43 Tula with a hex receiver. (Also got two of their P64s for $149 ea.)
                          I was going to use it as a project gun to install one of the machinegun barrels that Classic Arms is selling, but, it looked just as nice as the one that PowayBob got. I just can't bring myself to tear it apart.
                          I should have seen that coming...
                          I thought6 they didn't make hex's after 37?

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Flintlock Tom
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 2007
                            • 3353

                            Originally posted by captain_chau
                            I thought6 they didn't make hex's after 37?
                            Whoa! Maybe it's a thirty-three! I'll have to take another look this evening.

                            Classic Arms is selling 91/30 receivers for $29.95, but, with shipping, transfer fees (no C&R allowed) and CA tax, it adds up to more than a whole rifle.
                            "Everyone must determine for themselves what level of tyranny they are willing to tolerate.
                            I let my CA residency expire in 2015."

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              john.t.singh
                              Senior Member
                              • Nov 2010
                              • 1440

                              Does handpick actually make a difference?
                              We must learn to live together as brothers or we will perish together as fools.

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1