Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Waiting for my COE

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bladeshark
    Member
    • Apr 2010
    • 136

    Waiting for my COE

    Every day the same... Hopeful anticipation as I walk to the mailbox. Hoping, praying, that it comes today. Coupled with the FFL 03 it's going to be shopping time!

    Just yesterday I started my 10-day wait on a Yugo M57. Painful knowing that it may come during that time. It's been sitting for awhile in the shop's safe waiting for my 30-day count to be eligible again.

    "Patience, grasshopper" my inside voice keeps telling me. Oh, shut up.

    Two weeks now and counting. Today's mail hasn't come yet. Maybe today's the day!
    Last edited by Bladeshark; 09-10-2011, 8:06 PM.
    Mongol General: What is best in life?
    Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.
  • #2
    SandDiegoDuner
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2009
    • 526

    Don't get your hopes up too much. It too almost 3 months to get my COE. There is a phone number that you can call and enter your info into to find out your status. I'll see if I can dig it up in my past posts...

    Comment

    • #3
      TheExpertish
      Veteran Member
      • Jul 2011
      • 3451

      Good to know. I want to get mine now that my C&R is in process.
      sigpic
      Originally posted by starsnuffer
      It's an HK, I could lube it with sand and superglue and it'd work just fine.

      Comment

      • #4
        Bladeshark
        Member
        • Apr 2010
        • 136

        Thanks for the tip. Using my super powers and google-fu I went through your old posts and found the number: 916-227-4557. Need ATI number and date of birth.

        I called and mine is "in process". Not a automated voice saying "Your's is done and in the mail. Sorry for the bureaucratic delay".

        Crap. Double Crap.


        Originally posted by SandDiegoDuner
        Don't get your hopes up too much. It too almost 3 months to get my COE. There is a phone number that you can call and enter your info into to find out your status. I'll see if I can dig it up in my past posts...
        Last edited by Bladeshark; 09-10-2011, 7:51 PM.
        Mongol General: What is best in life?
        Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

        Comment

        • #5
          lorax3
          Super Moderator
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Jan 2009
          • 4633

          Originally posted by Bladeshark
          Thanks for the tip. Using my super powers and google-fu I went through your old posts and found the number: 916-227-4557. Just need your ATI number and date of birth.
          Ah, neat. I sent in my COE application ago too. I will do a status check on Monday.
          You think you know, but you have no idea.

          The information posted here is not legal advice. If you seek legal advice hire an attorney who is familiar with all the facts of your case.

          Comment

          • #6
            Bladeshark
            Member
            • Apr 2010
            • 136

            I wish for you all the patience I never had. (Cue the sound of sprinkling pixie dust)


            Originally posted by lorax3
            Ah, neat. I sent in my COE application ago too. I will do a status check on Monday.
            Mongol General: What is best in life?
            Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

            Comment

            • #7
              SandDiegoDuner
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2009
              • 526

              I was beginning to wonder how long it would take to be approved and one day I called at is said processed and that I should expect it in the mail soon. I've only used my COE once so far but I'm sure glad I had it when I picked up my K31.

              Comment

              • #8
                Santa Cruz Armory
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 2006
                • 4357

                I just got my renewal a while back.. Thanks for the reminder to send it in.
                WWW.SANTACRUZARMORY.COM

                Comment

                • #9
                  ke6guj
                  Moderator
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Nov 2003
                  • 23725

                  thanks for the reminder.

                  I sent my renewal in a couple months and just realized that they never sent me my new COE. And I see that they never cashed my check either. looks like it must have got lost in the mail. I guess I need to cal CADOJ monday and see what I need to do.
                  Jack



                  Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

                  No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    chknlyps2
                    Senior Member
                    • Apr 2011
                    • 2191

                    The phone number I have is for Evette, her recording says some renewals are not processed untill 24 hrs before the experation date and will arive 1 week after and your check may not be cashed till 30 days after because of the high work load. Also said that she is now processing new COE's that were received the first week of august. Mine took 39 days. Here is the phone number 916-263-0296
                    Wanted: Spent Berdan primed Yugo 7.62x39 & 7.5x55 GP11 Swiss brass

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Bladeshark
                      Member
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 136

                      Originally posted by chknlyps2
                      The phone number I have is for Evette, her recording says some renewals are not processed untill 24 hrs before the experation date and will arive 1 week after and your check may not be cashed till 30 days after because of the high work load. Also said that she is now processing new COE's that were received the first week of august. Mine took 39 days. Here is the phone number 916-263-0296
                      Very good info, Thanks
                      Mongol General: What is best in life?
                      Conan: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        TheExpertish
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 2011
                        • 3451

                        Call her and say Calguns sent you.
                        sigpic
                        Originally posted by starsnuffer
                        It's an HK, I could lube it with sand and superglue and it'd work just fine.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1