Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Finnish Mosin Experts! Your Input Is Requested!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JoshuaLuke
    Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 111

    Finnish Mosin Experts! Your Input Is Requested!

    So, there's a gentleman in my area selling this 1941 SAKO M39. Matching bolt and receiver. He says the bluing is about 40%. He's asking $425, which seems high to me, as the bluing is so worn. I've seen similar rifles on gunsnammo.com that had 100% bluing and were quite a bit less. The stock is really pretty, although it does have those minor scratches. What do you experts think would be a fair offer for this rifle? Oh yeah, and the bore is definitely shiny.


  • #2
    Paulie Lugnuts
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 1756

    Check what they are going for on GunBroker. $425 seems pretty high to me too.
    Because milsurp.

    Comment

    • #3
      Timbob55
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2009
      • 1046

      Too much dinero. Check 7.62x54r.net for more info.
      Tim Harris
      CWO3 USCG (ret)

      "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."
      Gen. Douglas MacArthur


      Requiro Pax Sed Praeparo Nam Bellum

      Comment

      • #4
        dotalchemy
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2011
        • 958

        I'd struggle to offer more than $250 on that, IMHO.

        $425 reminds me of going to the gun show up at Vallejo a couple of weeks ago, where a guy wanted $325 for a non-matching, battered to hell 91/30. He claimed that restamped bolts still counted.

        I laughed at him and walked away.

        I'd laugh at your acquaintance and walk away, unless he was willing to seriously reconsider.
        1928 Tula 91/30 | 1944 Izhevsk M44 | As yet unknown 91/30 and M44 - still in the box | 1976 Walther P-1
        ...Daddy, what else did you leave for me?

        "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it" - Thomas Jefferson

        Comment

        • #5
          SoCal Bob
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2010
          • 5354

          I bought 2 from another Calgunner a few months ago for $260 each. They do show up in the marketplace forum on a semi regular basis.

          Comment

          • #6
            7.62x54R
            Senior Member
            • May 2009
            • 1602

            425$ is a bit much. The slight tiger stripe on the stock is nice. I would say 250-300$ max.
            Originally posted by rkt88edmo
            MOOOOOOO!!!
            Originally posted by Notorious
            fight the power.
            Originally posted by Ford8N
            I have one request, will all the fatties please take a shower and use some deodorant before you go to the show.

            Comment

            • #7
              Markus
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2010
              • 1762

              Ever look at gunsammo.com? I found a 1941 sako for 359.99 in great shape with 97% bluing.

              Comment

              • #8
                Fate
                Calguns Addict
                • Apr 2006
                • 9545

                $275 max, even with the nice stock.
                sigpic "On bended knee is no way to be free." - Eddie Vedder, "Guaranteed"

                "Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
                , in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785

                Comment

                • #9
                  JoshuaLuke
                  Member
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 111

                  Thanks for all the info, guys. I was thinking my max offer would probably be around $280, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't totally off on that.

                  Originally posted by Markus
                  Ever look at gunsammo.com? I found a 1941 sako for 359.99 in great shape with 97% bluing.

                  http://gunsnammo.com/21337X.htm
                  I would LOVE to purchase from gunsnammo.com, but I don't have my 03 FFL yet. It's in the works (ATF debited my account last week), but I'm paranoid that they'll deny me for some reason, and that this is my only chance to get an M39. I probably just need to chill out and wait til I get my 03 FFL.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    SVT-40
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 12907

                    Thats way over priced.
                    Poke'm with a stick!


                    Originally posted by fiddletown
                    What you believe and what is true in real life in the real world aren't necessarily the same thing. And what you believe doesn't change what is true in real life in the real world.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      mj1
                      Veteran Member
                      • Apr 2006
                      • 3318

                      For that I'll give you a new unfired one 100% bluing.

                      Last edited by mj1; 06-17-2011, 2:16 PM.
                      WTS As new M47 Madsen 3006 w/bayonet.
                      WTS NIB Mosin 91/59
                      I will deliver or ship, details to be arranged with buyer.
                      The Spartans do not ask how many the enemies are but where they are.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        dotalchemy
                        Senior Member
                        • Apr 2011
                        • 958

                        Originally posted by mj1
                        For that I'll give you a new unfired one 100% bluing.

                        http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=437521
                        If the parents weren't visiting next week and I needed money for that, you'd have yourself a buyer right now.

                        Damn, that's a fine looking rifle!
                        1928 Tula 91/30 | 1944 Izhevsk M44 | As yet unknown 91/30 and M44 - still in the box | 1976 Walther P-1
                        ...Daddy, what else did you leave for me?

                        "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it" - Thomas Jefferson

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1