Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

K31 - Couldn't resist

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • JoshuaLuke
    Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 111

    K31 - Couldn't resist

    Well, I couldn't hold myself back. I found a sweet walnut-stocked 1940 K31 at Ammo Brothers. It was $299, which is more than I would have payed at J&G/etc, but I also didn't have to pay for shipping (or gas driving down to pick it up). The stock is actually in pretty nice shape, all things considered, and the bolt action is smooth as butter. The bore was pristine, too.

    I can't wait for it to be out of 10-day prison! Also, has anyone purchased any of this 7.5 Swiss milsurp stuff (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=910786) that Midway is offering? I realize that it may have a steel jacket, but since I do most of my rifle shooting at Lytle Creek, that's not such a concern for me. Thoughts?
  • #2
    JoshuaLuke
    Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 111

    Haha, aaaaand I just realized that Midway stuff was GP 11 - Box of 10, not GP - 11 Boxes of 10. I'm a genius!

    Comment

    • #3
      kkritter
      Member
      • Feb 2009
      • 142

      As much as I like MidwayUSA, that price is ridiculous....

      Go here for GP11:



      Absolutely the best ammo. If you don't reload, I'll take the brass off your hands, don't throw it away! It's Berdan primed but re-loadable if you have the primers (I do)...

      Comment

      • #4
        glennsche
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2009
        • 1831

        Welcome to the K31 club!

        Guaranteed you'll love it and you'll find it to be the best rifle in your C&R arsenal.

        GP11 is magnetic, so keep in mind you'll have to shoot privi if you go to Angeles or somewhere where they care about magnetic ammo.

        Now post some pics of that badboy!
        "If the American Left wanted to decrease interest in shooting, they should have the government make it mandatory like they do here in Switzerland. Nothing makes you not want to do something like when the government makes you do it."

        "I'm over you." -Citadelgrad87

        Comment

        • #5
          Warrior King
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2011
          • 828

          I was in the Cerritos Ammo Bros on Saturday. I noticed a nice looking walnut stock K31 with leather sling and and 1911 with sling.

          I was buying private party rifle transfer that day so also in prison for ten days.
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #6
            Tanner68
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 2147

            Originally posted by kkritter
            As much as I like MidwayUSA, that price is ridiculous....

            Go here for GP11:



            Absolutely the best ammo. If you don't reload, I'll take the brass off your hands, don't throw it away! It's Berdan primed but re-loadable if you have the primers (I do)...
            KKritter, how do you deprime?

            Comment

            • #7
              kkritter
              Member
              • Feb 2009
              • 142

              Follow this thread, post # 14, I put up some pics.

              Comment

              • #8
                mauser98k
                Senior Member
                • Jun 2010
                • 819

                very nice. they're great rifles. is the troop tag under the butt plate?

                Comment

                • #9
                  JoshuaLuke
                  Member
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 111

                  glennsche, I'll post pictures as soon as I get it out of prison!

                  Warrior King, it's quite possible that I bought that exact rifle. They only had a few walnut stocks (most were beech), and I took the one that was in the best shape, although there were a couple others that were almost identical.

                  mauser98k, I didn't think they'd let me take the butt plate off in the store, so I didn't ask. They were very helpful, though - they pulled out every K31 they had in stock so I could choose from them all. Maybe they would have let me take it off. At any rate, when I get the rifle, I will definitely be checking that out first thing!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Super Spy
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 3461

                    Congrats. K-31's are great rifles.
                    Originally posted by Daytripper63
                    "Looking a bit angry, he asked why I thought it was a Republican truck. I explained that if it were an Obama truck, the seats would blow smoke up your *** year-round. I had to walk back to the dealership. The guy had no sense of humor."

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Crusader
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 2008
                      • 2995

                      I love the K31. I miss mine dearly. I let myself sell it a while back when GP-11 jumped to nearly a dollar a round. It is without a doubt one of the nicest and most effective bolt action rifles. Me, Glennsche, and Harmoniums had a day of C&R shooting not too long ago comparing the Lee Enfield, Mauser, and K31. That was a lot of fun.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Tanner68
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 2147

                        Originally posted by kkritter
                        Follow this thread, post # 14, I put up some pics.

                        http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=399685
                        That looks like the simplest method I have seen. Thanks.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          glennsche
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 1831

                          Originally posted by Crusader
                          I love the K31. I miss mine dearly. I let myself sell it a while back when GP-11 jumped to nearly a dollar a round. It is without a doubt one of the nicest and most effective bolt action rifles. Me, Glennsche, and Harmoniums had a day of C&R shooting not too long ago comparing the Lee Enfield, Mauser, and K31. That was a lot of fun.
                          the thread on that was here:
                          "If the American Left wanted to decrease interest in shooting, they should have the government make it mandatory like they do here in Switzerland. Nothing makes you not want to do something like when the government makes you do it."

                          "I'm over you." -Citadelgrad87

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Ed_Hazard
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Oct 2008
                            • 5146

                            Glad you found one that worked for you.
                            Originally Posted by Sic Boy
                            And I bet Jobs surfs porn. If he doesn't, I'll eat a live baby on stage at the next Apple event.
                            Originally posted by AJAX22
                            Don't F with those guys... they can probably use their teabag to inflict blunt force trauma.


                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Crusader
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jun 2008
                              • 2995

                              Originally posted by glennsche
                              So... I remembered that day at the range being around a year ago. Nope, it was more than two haha.

                              We should have a reunion one of these days.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1