Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

San Diego CMP Membership

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jharr
    Junior Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 67

    San Diego CMP Membership

    At some point I would like to get an M1 Garand. It seems that the easiest way to do that is through the CMP. However, one of their requirements for purchase is that you belong to a CMP affiliated club. In San Diego, those are the Escondido Fish & Game Assn which has a waiting list to be a member (1 year +) and Francis Parker School Marksmanship Club which is for students. Anyone got any ideas? How have other San Diegans done this?

    J--
    " Lk 22:36
  • #2
    goober
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Sep 2008
    • 4875

    Originally posted by jharr
    At some point I would like to get an M1 Garand. It seems that the easiest way to do that is through the CMP. However, one of their requirements for purchase is that you belong to a CMP affiliated club. In San Diego, those are the Escondido Fish & Game Assn which has a waiting list to be a member (1 year +) and Francis Parker School Marksmanship Club which is for students. Anyone got any ideas? How have other San Diegans done this?

    J--
    Join CRPA! You'll be killing two birds
    Live between Santa Cruz and SLO? Want to get involved?
    Check out the Central Coast Calguns Community Chapter
    And join the Central Coast Region Social Group!
    sigpic
    NRA Life Member - CRPA Life & Board Member - SAF Life Member - Monterey County Carry Initiative Sponsor
    Statements posted here are the sole opinions of the author and not those
    of CGN, CGF, CRPA, or any other institution or agency unless otherwise noted.

    Comment

    • #3
      GMG
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2008
      • 7974

      Originally posted by goober
      Join CRPA! You'll be killing two birds
      +! on that!
      sigpic

      A member of The Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

      Comment

      • #4
        mievil
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2008
        • 1788

        That's how I did it, too.

        Comment

        • #5
          missiondude
          Senior Member
          • May 2008
          • 1646

          I think Lemon Grove Rod and Gun is in the process of being affiliated. They currently have a few openings.
          sigpicThe right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. The original common sense gun law...

          Comment

          • #6
            ccandgc
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2008
            • 2142

            An Appleseed Shoot qualifies you with the CMP. Finish the shoot, and you get a certificate you send into CMP with your paperwork.
            -Chad

            Comment

            • #7
              jharr
              Junior Member
              • Apr 2011
              • 67

              Thanks everyone!
              " Lk 22:36

              Comment

              • #8
                InFamous20
                Veteran Member
                • Mar 2010
                • 3425

                Originally posted by goober
                Join CRPA! You'll be killing two birds
                Really?
                Originally posted by jl123
                I love you. Can I borrow $20?
                Originally posted by OHOD
                I think I just had an orgasm.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Tom-ADC
                  Veteran Member
                  • Apr 2010
                  • 3614

                  Take a look at South Bay Rod & Gun Club PM me and I'll pass on the phone # for the CMP director.
                  US Navy Retired, NRA Lifetime member. Member CRPA

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    sd_shooter
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 14282

                    I think you can also join the GSSF. Then you'll also get a discount on a Glock

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Flintlock Tom
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2007
                      • 3353

                      You can join the Garand Collectors Association (GCA) by mail for $25. Download the application on their website and mail it in. They notify the CMP that you are a member and you're good-to-go.
                      You will still need some kind of marksmanship "experience". Military training or an 03 FFL will satisfy that requirement.
                      "Everyone must determine for themselves what level of tyranny they are willing to tolerate.
                      I let my CA residency expire in 2015."

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        hypnoman
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 1043

                        Originally posted by goober
                        Join CRPA! You'll be killing two birds
                        like this one! I used to be in Garand Collectors Association, but now prefer CRPA.
                        FS: ammo and primers http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...1#post10352151

                        FS: Pietta .44 revolver http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=712115

                        FS: Romanian PSL matching numbers parts kit http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...1#post10676211

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          jshoebot
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2010
                          • 1857

                          Another option would be to attend an Appleseed shoot, and purchase a membership in the RWVA (Revolutionari War Veterans Association, the group that puts on Appleseed). Their one-year membership is $20, and an Appleseed qualifies as a marksmanship event with the CMP. That's how I did it.

                          The next Appleseed in the SD area is coming up at the end of July in Dulzura down at South Bay Rod & Gun. I'll be one of the instructors at that event, so send me a PM if you want some more info!
                          Any opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily the opinions of any organizations in which I am a member.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Orlando
                            Senior Member
                            • Sep 2010
                            • 1827

                            If you join the GCA now you will only get 3 months membership for $25.00 as their membership runs from Sept -Sept no matter when you join
                            A much better option is the M1 Collectors Club. Its is only $14.00 and runs a whole year from the day you join

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              21SF
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 2010
                              • 3491

                              +1 GSSF

                              Garand and glock!!
                              SA TRP Half rail, Glock 21SF, Spikes St-15, Ruger Alaskan .44, Saiga 7.62, GSSF Member
                              Diablo Rod & Gun Club
                              Originally posted by keenkeen
                              "What you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1